"UltraLight" Blimp

smc...@ibm.net

Oct 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/15/96

I heard or read somewhere that someone had built an ultralight blimp.

Has anybody else seen anything like that, or have any information?

smc...@ibm.net
http://www.geocities.com/TheTropics/3643/

Ron Fuller

Oct 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/16/96

smc...@ibm.net wrote:

>I heard or read somewhere that someone had built an ultralight blimp.
>Has anybody else seen anything like that, or have any information?

The comic Galager, has one that will carry one man and is pedal
powered.....naturally it is only used on VERY calm days<G>.
But I have seen video of it in operation.

Best Regards

Ron in San Diego

http://www.electriciti.com/~rfuller
(Diving in San Diego)
rfu...@powergrid.electriciti.com

Michael Lueke

Oct 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/16/96

> smc...@ibm.net wrote:
>
>I heard or read somewhere that someone had built an ultralight blimp.
>Has anybody else seen anything like that, or have any information?

Hmm. Aren't all blimps, by definition, ultralight?

--
-------------
Michael S. Lueke

Roland Escher

Oct 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/17/96

Michael Lueke (lu...@epg.sdd.hp.com) wrote:
: Hmm. Aren't all blimps, by definition, ultralight?

To be ultralight a blimp has to be ultralight without its lifting gas.
This trick has been tried before and it did not work.

Aeros in California supposedly sell an ultralight blimp. Check their
webpage at http://www.aeros-co.com. Brian Boland in Vermont has also
built an ultralight hot air airship.

For more information about blimps, ultralight and heavier than that
definately check out the Airship and Blimp Resources at
http://www.amherst.edu/~rkescher/airship.html. There you will also
find a link to the Experimental Balloon and Airship Association
which includes UL airships.

Hope this helps,
Roland

smc...@ibm.net

Oct 19, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/19/96

Thanks, Roland.

I appreciate the links! I'm sure if what I seek is out there, I'll find it now.

smc...@ibm.net

Oct 19, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/19/96

All blimps aren't ultralight by definition, if PART 103 is the dictionary....

smc...@ibm.net

Oct 19, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/19/96

Thakns, Ron, but I'm afraid pedal powered is a little to energetic for me! <g>...

Shawn

allen...@gmail.com

Mar 7, 2019, 9:53:30 AM3/7/19

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=gallagher+blimp&t=ffab&ia=videos&iax=videos&iai=3D63PK2IyJ4 is a video of Gallagher's WhiteDwarf ultralight blimp.