Anyone building the Dream Classic UL?

MiG16

Feb 18, 2004, 5:23:25 PM2/18/04
I am considering to buy the Dream Classic UL from Airdrome Airplanes. Is
anyone building this aircraft and can give me some info?

Thanks.

Jean-Paul Roy

Feb 18, 2004, 11:31:07 PM2/18/04
This is what I found
http://www.airdromeaeroplanes.com/homepage2.htm
or
http://kcindustries.net/
or
http://www.aerocontrols.ca/dreamclassic.htm

Jean-Paul
"MiG16" <ab...@online.no> wrote in message

MiG16

Feb 19, 2004, 5:32:03 AM2/19/04
Thanks, but I've seen them. Very little other info on the net. Interesting
is this on page http://kcindustries.net/toppage1.htm

From the article:
"Murdock settled on a model known as the Dream Classic and with the help of
co-workers and his brother Frank from Northwest Airlines, began construction
in his Basement. The frame was made with aircraft grade aluminum tubing
fastened with gusset plates and pop rivets. Murdock estimates that there are
some 2000 rivets on the craft. The seat is a fiberglass bucket with a padded
insert.
"I had to do all the cutting, coping, bending, drilling and riveting on the
plane," said Murdock. "The covering and painting was the next chore. That
took about three months and was my least favorite part of the job." "

It does not sound like the "100-150 hours to build" Aidrome Airplanes
states. I mean, only the covering part took him about three months. What
about the rest?

I just wanted to hear from any builders if there is something "wrong" with
this kit. Also, Kitplanes UL index listing shows that only about 10 are
flying. Strange for a simple aircraft kit that has been on sale since
1996...

Thanks anyway Jean-Paul.

"Jean-Paul Roy" <jean-pa...@sympatico.ca> skrev i melding

Jean-Paul Roy

Feb 19, 2004, 8:15:45 AM2/19/04
I'm surprised that there is so much cutting drilling and bending to do.
Ususally you don't have to do any of that. You just have to put the pieces
together and rivet.

Never seen a Dream UL but by the pictures, there doesn,t seem to be much
involved. As far as covering, there only fabric on the wings and tail
feathers. Three months seems exagerated.
If the company only sells raw material, then it's another story. The price
seems real cheap. but, then again, maybe you get for what you pay.

Cheers
Jean-Paul
Jean-Paul
"MiG16" <n...@online.no> wrote in message

tinfly...@gmail.com

Jan 21, 2014, 10:15:30 PM1/21/14
Yes I AM, PROJECT BEEN SITTING FOR ABOUT 5 YEARS AND NOW GOING TO GET TO WORK ON IT USEING ROTAX 277, i PLAYING AROUND WITH LATEX PAINT AND PRIMER AND THINK GOT IT RIGHT SO CAN START COVERING PLOY FAB 1.3 OZ. WILL USE STWART EKO-BOND TO GLUE FAB DOWN AND THEN GO WITH OUT SIDE HOUSE LATEX PAINT. MANY PEOPLE DO THIS GOOD FOR 20 YEARS.THERE DO NOT SEEM TO BE ANY DREAM CLASSIC GROUPS WISH THERE WAS.CHEAP BIRD TO BUILD AND EASY FIRST TIME BUILDER TYPE A/C.tHE 240 YAMAHA ENGINE EVEN WORK BETTER.

capell...@gmail.com

Jul 6, 2014, 11:31:02 AM7/6/14
Greetings from Florida. I recently bought a D.C. Ultralight from a friend who just finished building it without engine. I have recently put a 447 Rotax on it but would like to speak with someone who has flown one before I fly it. Can you put me in touch with someone?
Thanks
Charles Davis
850-322-0940 jar...@aol.com

CHOPPERGIRL's AIRWAR

Mar 11, 2019, 5:27:32 PM3/11/19

My friend Mac Hodges ( http://hodgeshobbies.com ) had a Dream Classic... as well as a collection of about 5 other planes.

The Dream Classic was the first one he sold off and parted with, if that tells you anything.

Of all his planes, he says the Kitfox is his favorite. He also has a Hatz Biplane and Volmer VJ-24w...

I have close up pictures of his finished Dream Classic before he sold it if you're interested, email me and I'll dig them up...

I almost bought a Dream Classic kit myself from a guy in Texas for $300 dollars (great price!), but decided for me it was just too far to drive to pick up (from Georgia).

CHOPPERGIRL
chopp...@air-war.org
http://choppergirl.air-war.org