T-Minus 2

youngbl...@gmail.com

Feb 20, 2024, 6:37:59 AMFeb 20
All systems are go for shutdown here on RAS, the educational and informative forum for glider pilots all over the world.
As the soaring season approaches here in Florida the WX has been some of the worst for this time of year in many years. Rain has been pouring almost weekly through the winter months which should be our dry season. Just this past two days we had 3 inches of rain that soaked the swamp once again. The Geritol Classic is nearing and this could really put a dampener on the soaring conditions for both the GC and the 20 meter nationals. When the swamps get dry the conditions get much better when things are wet it really makes for less than stellar conditions.
I wish all of you well in the upcoming season, may the thermals be strong and high. OBTP