Seniors 2023

youngbl...@gmail.com

Jan 26, 2023, 6:21:22 PM1/26/23
Looks like the wx is getting better and soon all the snowbirds will be gathering upon SLGP to compete in the GC, also known as the Geritol Classic. Spoke with R today and he is heading up this week with his motorglider to practice for the GC. Now I plan on calling you guys on the radio, please feel free to answer my calls for motor glider guys from Seminole. I will be running somewhere between south of Libelle to the top of 2901, then heading back to the East Coast, please come and join in on the fun, Old Bob, The Purist

youngbl...@gmail.com

Feb 27, 2023, 7:48:20 AM2/27/23
On Thursday, January 26, 2023 at 6:21:22 PM UTC-5, youngbl...@gmail.com wrote:
> Looks like the wx is getting better and soon all the snowbirds will be gathering upon SLGP to compete in the GC, also known as the Geritol Classic. Spoke with R today and he is heading up this week with his motorglider to practice for the GC. Now I plan on calling you guys on the radio, please feel free to answer my calls for motor glider guys from Seminole. I will be running somewhere between south of Libelle to the top of 2901, then heading back to the East Coast, please come and join in on the fun, Old Bob, The Purist

Only a couple of weeks until the Geritol Classic and the boys up in Clermont are trying to figure out what has been happening down on the Treasure Coast. There is still time for you guys to pack it up and head down to triangle country, where you can hone your skills and have a great time. travel time to Vero is only a couple of hours, but well worth the drive. The best way would be for you guys to follow HWY27 south to Hwy 60 then go East to Vero Beach. R, better have your A game on, it could be a challenging event. Old Bob, The Purist

Feb 27, 2023, 8:46:02 AM2/27/23
As always, thanks for the invite Bobby. Everyone who has visited you reports a great time. All the work you, Eileen, and TCSC do is a class act. Amazing achievements to be proud of.

youngbl...@gmail.com

Feb 28, 2023, 6:50:34 AM2/28/23
On Monday, February 27, 2023 at 8:46:02 AM UTC-5, R wrote:
> As always, thanks for the invite Bobby. Everyone who has visited you reports a great time. All the work you, Eileen, and TCSC do is a class act. Amazing achievements to be proud of.

R, what we would like very much is for you and your group of motorglider guys to come and spend the weekend or even a day and we can show you dig dogs how and where we fly down here in South Florida. Tell the boys not to worry, we will give them a road map and they can follow Hwy 70 to Libelle, and keep the Big O shoreline on their left wing all the way around.
Now I will be visiting the hovel of Clermont this coming week to bring a few prizes for the Geritol Classic winners. The grand winner will get that beautiful Bob Virelli classy print and the PURIST winner will once again be awarded the OBTP bottle of fine rum. Please tell the tow pilots I will be dropping off a couple of cases of good beer for after towing enjoyment. OBTP

R Smith

Feb 28, 2023, 9:11:49 AM2/28/23
Thanks Bob, consider the tow pilots notified. We look forward to your arrival. Cheers!

youngbl...@gmail.com

Feb 28, 2023, 5:13:46 PM2/28/23
Don't worry Smitty, only Stella, Pacifico, and a few Special Moon Dog IPA's, it is my pleasure to keep the tow pilots hydrated. Old Bob, The Purist

waltco...@aol.com

Mar 1, 2023, 8:17:01 AM3/1/23
Actually beer will not hydrate you but it will dehydrate you. Alcohol acts as a diuretic so anything with alcohol will cause dehydration. Alcohol is also a depressant so go easy on the sudds.

Walt Connelly

R Smith

Mar 1, 2023, 9:13:59 AM3/1/23
Sounds good Bob, I hope you'll be able to stick around until we're done flying for the day and have one with us.

youngbl...@gmail.com

Mar 2, 2023, 6:17:54 PM3/2/23
Smitty, I might just be able to hang around a have a couple of brews with you guys, I would love to get to the tow pilot's after flight entertainment and discuss who was the worst glider pilot to tow. As a very active tow pilot myself I would love to have a few laughs with the tow pilot group, I bet the entertainment would be much better than the after flight motorglider pilots forum. I can hear R talking trash right now, and his triangle as as poor as anyone in Florida. Now once again we have a special surprise for the guys at SLGP, almost like a surprise under the Christmas tree. Old Bob, The Purist

R Smith

Mar 3, 2023, 8:33:27 PM3/3/23
I hope it works out Bob. And the entertainment may just come up to an acceptable level, if the adult beverages pan out (and they usually do). Me and my boy's always have a good time.

I've known Henry a long time and towed him last weekend. I always enjoy chit chatting with him when he's visiting at SLG.

youngbl...@gmail.com

Mar 4, 2023, 4:48:42 PM3/4/23
Smitty, do you guys have a BBQ grill at the PT, AKA, Tow Plot's HQ ?I might just bring up some of those TCSC grilled sausages with roasted onions and peppers and make it a special event with a few cold brews. We could all talk a lot of trash, share stories and have a wonderful time at the GC, AKA , Geritol Classic. OBTP

R Smith

Mar 5, 2023, 9:38:06 AM3/5/23
Yep, one of my boys is bringing his smoker to make some wings. He says it works as a grill also.

youngbl...@gmail.com

Mar 6, 2023, 6:01:23 PM3/6/23
Smitty, better give those Big Dogs some energy because if today was any indication of the scores of the contest then they better pick their game up a bit. I looked at all the flights and once again looks like everyone was going up and down HWY 27, possibly to refuel???
Look guys you have these big ass fancy ships with motors and all you can do is a run up and down HWY 27. One of the Big Dogs had a triangle speed of 40 something, what is that all about??
I plan on being up at Clermont in the next few days, maybe I could give you Big Dogs some type of pre game speech, kind of like Rocky at ND.
I do plan on seeing all of you, have a wonderful time up there in Clermont, if you guys get a chance please thread the needle above 2901 and come say hello. Old Bob, The Purist.

youngbl...@gmail.com

Mar 9, 2023, 8:40:13 PM3/9/23
On Monday, February 27, 2023 at 8:46:02 AM UTC-5, R wrote:
> As always, thanks for the invite Bobby. Everyone who has visited you reports a great time. All the work you, Eileen, and TCSC do is a class act. Amazing achievements to be proud of.

R , why so many thermals today for such a small triangle??? You guys better get ready, the best is yet to come, I will see you this week at SLGP. Old Bob, The Purist

youngbl...@gmail.com

Mar 10, 2023, 6:59:28 AM3/10/23
To all at SLGP for the Seniors, welcome to Florida, and enjoy our beautiful state, if you get a chance afterwards please visit us here on the Treasure Coast. Fly safe, have fun and watch out for SUA's, hopefully the WX will cooperate and provide from some good days of soaring and story telling at the cocktail parties. Looking forward to seeing some of you in the skies as you fly up and down HWY27! Old Bob, The Purist

youngbl...@gmail.com

Mar 13, 2023, 4:15:40 PM3/13/23
Smitty, I have the car all packed with the Purist cooler full of Stella and other fine brews!!! Eileen is cleaning the grand prize and I just finished making a few nice plaque's with my laser, they should all get a few laughs out of these. Hope to see you guys at around 9.30 in the morning at the tow hangar. Old Bob, The Purist.

R Smith

Mar 14, 2023, 9:15:06 AM3/14/23
That's great Bob, I'll be around somewhere. We'll keep an eye out for you.

youngbl...@gmail.com

Mar 14, 2023, 6:53:17 PM3/14/23
Smitty, sorry we had to leave so early and I did not have time to enjoy one of those brews with you tow pilots. Looking forward to seeing you again soon, keep one or two on ice for me. Bob

R Smith

Mar 16, 2023, 9:22:50 AM3/16/23
Thanks Bob, my boys and I will put them to good use. Cheers