Slice & Dice Glider Accidents Data

IdoMillet

Apr 27, 2022, 8:26:50 AM4/27/22
I compiled FAA USA glider accident data into an interactive web page: https://www.milletsoftware.com/Data/Glider_Events.html

This allows you to slice & dice the data using pivot tables & charts. A dropdown allows you to select from predefined report layouts. You can filter, sort, modify and add your own reports (accessible only to you).

Double-clicking a summary cell or a chart node provides a drill-down to the detail rows making up that summary. Hover over details to see the full text via a tooltip.

One of the predefined reports provides accident frequency and damage level by Make, Model, and Registration Number. So you can look up a particular glider.

A video demo is available here: https://youtu.be/Vwt8TXdKU7A?t=667
It uses different data, but the idea is the same.

Please send feedback and ideas for additional report layouts.

Fly Safe!
- ido

Ido Millet
www.MilletSoftware.com

Shaun Wheeler

May 6, 2022, 3:38:53 PM5/6/22
Very nice work. I went through a pile of these the hard way, this would have saved me a lot of work!

IdoMillet

May 18, 2022, 2:37:02 PM5/18/22
Added a 'Phase' column and a couple of displays focusing on flight phase (Landing, Takeoff, etc.).

Reminder: these displays are interactive, so you can Slice & Dice, Drill-Down, Filter, and create your own displays: