IGCDroid Android IGC flight recorder is now free

Alan Walls

May 24, 2021, 4:33:22 PM5/24/21
Hi All,
I'm the developer of IGCDroid. My mistake is your gain... IGCDroid is now free for everybody, forever. Enjoy.

For those that don't know, IGCDroid is a simple IGC flight recorder for your Android cell phone. Additionally, it allows real time flight tracking with either glideport.aero (aka SSA tracker) or skylines.aero web sites.

The remainder of this post is me venting at Google, nothing gliding related.

Google locked my developer payment account because I refused to give them a copy of my passport... Google wanted my passport details to satisfy Brazilian legal sales requirements. OK, so I turned off sales to Brazil. Not ideal, but it is Brazilian law. Not good enough as Google has already sold to a customer in Brazil. OK. so please refund that customer's purchase. Sorry, we can't do that and we will keep your payment account locked until you send us your passport details.

So the current situation is Google is block all purchases (not that I have much) from anywhere in the world for any apps I develop until I send them my Passport details. All this because I mistakenly left Brazil on my "sell to" list. To me this feels like extortion.

So from now on, Google gets no more app store money from me. Enjoy.

Thanks for listening to by rant.
Alan

Tony

May 24, 2021, 5:20:44 PM5/24/21
Alan,

I'm sorry about the situation but I want you to know that your contribution to the sport with this app has been wonderful!

Leah and many of my friends/family members love following along with my flights. It's a great way to share the experience.

Your Skew-T app is also my go-to first look for most of my weather briefings, whether that be powered or unpowered flight.

Glenn Betzoldt

May 24, 2021, 5:54:44 PM5/24/21
Change Leah to Laura and I go with what Tony said.
GB

Robert Hills

May 25, 2021, 2:17:08 PM5/25/21
Thanks Alan.
I use your app all the time and think it is great. Thanks too for all the timely support that you have provided.

Bob 7U

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This electronic message is intended to be viewed
only by the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. It may contain

MNLou

May 25, 2021, 4:06:23 PM5/25/21
What Bob said!

Lou

Alan Walls

May 25, 2021, 4:50:37 PM5/25/21
Thanks team, I appreciate your support and glad you find it useful. I hope this encourages more people to give it a try. email me if you have trouble so I can make it better for everybody.

No payments it not really an issue, its more a matter of principle. I was already considering removing the payments, this just made it happen faster. Apps in small niche markets don't make money. It has made enough money to keep its email relay server up and running and pay for a few glider tows so I'm happy.

dug...@gmail.com

May 27, 2021, 12:45:36 PM5/27/21
Thanks Alan for the great App. I have been a satisfied customer for several years.
Branko
XYU

Sean Staines

Feb 6, 2024, 8:10:45 AMFeb 6
Hi Alan,
Is there anychance you could update hte app to support livetrack24 for live tracking?