Other Soaring Discussion Groups Ex-USA?

Ash

May 15, 2022, 4:33:20 PMMay 15
Can anyone suggest alternative soaring-related discussion groups that are not so US-centric as RAS and not so easily hijacked by a few blog trolls? There must be some that are comprehensive yet represent a more global demographic. With that in mind, perhaps a PM would be better.
Thank you,.
Ash

youngbl...@gmail.com

May 15, 2022, 7:23:43 PMMay 15
Ash, I thing that there is a RAS NEO, or something like that that has been created to limit the trolling by the motorglider guys. It has the ability to post pictures and is a moderated group that can control content, kind of a WOKE approach to discussions. I am sure that it is worthy of investigating and possibly joining. Old Bob, The Purist

Eric Greenwell

May 16, 2022, 12:10:53 AMMay 16
What a country are you in? There are some country and Euro groups. Maybe ask at the club
where you fly?

--
Eric Greenwell - USA
- "A Guide to Self-launching Sailplane Operation"

david.s....@gmail.com

May 16, 2022, 12:19:33 PMMay 16
https://www.reddit.com/r/Gliding/

Activity is rather low, but I don't recall seeing outright garbage getting posted. There are paid advertisements mixed in, but not too many. Most often just one toward the top.

Cheers,
...david