TCSC SOARING SAFARI 11

youngbl...@gmail.com

Nov 17, 2021, 4:08:56 PM11/17/21
Treasure Coast Soaring Club located in Vero Beach, Florida will once again be host to the Soaring Safari . Plan on coming down in March to the beautiful East Coast of Florida and enjoy our beautiful beaches, fine dining, great hospitality and the best soaring in the state. We soar in the finest conditions in the state, have wonderful facilities and this year we are looking forward to having a wonderful event second to none.
Bring your RV, or stay in the comfort of fine hotels and nearby restaurants, visit museums, enjoy great nightlife. Old Bob, The Purist

John Good

Nov 19, 2021, 9:16:43 PM11/19/21
Dates?

youngbl...@gmail.com

Nov 20, 2021, 8:13:37 AM11/20/21
On Friday, November 19, 2021 at 9:16:43 PM UTC-5, John Good wrote:
> Dates?
John, we use the entire month of March as our Safari timeframe, come and go as you please and enjoy great soaring along with the best coastal attractions that you will certainly enjoy. Our club , Treasure Coast Soaring Club is only less than 5 years in the making, what we have done in this period of time is impressive. Our hangar is filled with nice ships ranging from JS-3 to ASW27, to a newly refurbished Libelle 201 that is available to all our new and old pilots alike.
Last year people came from as far away as NM and Vermont to enjoy the leisure atmosphere and great soaring. At the end of each day there were great discussions an great snacks with cold beverages to cap off the day of flying. Our goal is to provide a wonderful soaring experience for all, no pressure all fun filled activities and great people. This year we will be having a day of remembrance for our late honorary member, Scott Bingham , Scott lost his life this past August in a crash. Scott was an integral part of our first Safari event and helped our club in many different ways. So anyone that would like to come on down and enjoy a fun filled time of soaring in a great location you are certainly welcome. Old Bob, The Purist

youngbl...@gmail.com

Jan 27, 2022, 8:53:24 AM1/27/22
Time is closing in on the 2022 Soaring Safari, this event is a good time soaring event for a fun time of South Florida glider flying. This event will take place the month of March at the Treasure Coast Soaring Club, located in Vero Beach, Florida. There will be plenty of good times, and great soaring that will take you deep into the Everglades and up through cumulus alley, a great soaring area stretching from Libelle to the East Coast going north of Okeechobee. You may contact me direct for more information. Old Bob, The Purist.

Eric Greenwell

Jan 27, 2022, 10:20:42 AM1/27/22
How does the March event differ from the usual April or May situation? Why should a
visiting pilot try to be there in March instead of April or May? Cheaper tows, more
towplanes in March, or something else?

--
Eric Greenwell - USA
- "A Guide to Self-launching Sailplane Operation"

youngbl...@gmail.com

Jan 27, 2022, 12:27:03 PM1/27/22
March kicks off spring in Florida, conditions are usually good during the month of March and all the snowbirds are still in Florida for the winter. April and May are also good months and provide good soaring weather. I do expect this spring to be better than last year, the ground is less saturated with water. December is usually our dry month, but last year we had 12 inches of rain in 3 days in December. Yes, the wet ground had an impact on soaring and not for the good. We are dry this year compared to the last two, so unless something changes I would expect better weather this spring.
Tow prices are still the same, we don't even charge Motor Glider pilots more for the education and experience they receive here at TCSC! Another advantage is that we fly nice triangles here in South Florida instead of running up and down the Fl. Ridge like all the so called Big Dogs do. The next question that you will ask , what is the Fl. ridge? well it is a line going from SLGP to lake Placid that the guys seem to be confined to because of their narrow airspace restrictions. We even get phone calls here from ATC wanting to know if we have gliders in Class Bravo around Tampa! Old Bob, The Purist

Jan 27, 2022, 3:34:25 PM1/27/22
What happened to playing nice in 2022?

youngbl...@gmail.com

Jan 27, 2022, 5:29:04 PM1/27/22
On Thursday, January 27, 2022 at 3:34:25 PM UTC-5, R wrote:
> What happened to playing nice in 2022?

Henry, I thought that I was on my best behavior, hope you were not offended by the truth. Sorry Henry, you know that I am new to this glider stuff. Old Bob, The Purist