SSA Region 9 Sports Class

Tony Smolder

Feb 13, 2023, 11:07:29 PM2/13/23
The SSA Region 9 Sports Class is shaping up to be a very, very well subscribed contest with 24 entrants to date.

As the CD for this contest I endeavor to make it a fun and learning experience with morning de-brief's on the previous days winning flights and helping those new to racing learn the strategies of improving their results.

This is a perfect 1st contest that will challenge you but at the same time keep the stress level in check.

The social atmosphere will also be phenomenal!

I highly recommend this contest as your first. Go to the SSA Contest page to sign up.

I look forward to meeting many new to racing pilots and also those seasoned racers!

Tony Smolder
Contest Director

John Godfrey

Feb 14, 2023, 8:17:28 AM2/14/23
Really good to see the Club Class at the regional level. Wish more regionals did this.

Sierra Whiskey

Mar 18, 2023, 4:51:34 PM3/18/23
Only 11 days left until the Preferential Entry Deadline for the Region 9 Sports/Club Class Contest hosted by the Tucson Soaring Club. We have 36 entries and can host up to 40 pilots. Spots are going fast so sign up soon and come race with us in the Sonoran Desert!

Eric Redweik
Contest Manager

Chuck Werninger

Mar 19, 2023, 12:14:01 PM3/19/23
You guys are going to have a fantastic contest, I really wish VL and I could come race with you guys out there! BTW, fantastic interview on "Soaring the Sky"!

Chuck Werninger
LS-4 VL
Soaring Club of Houston