Soaring Cafe?

Renny

Mar 1, 2015, 11:31:58 AM3/1/15
Does anyone know if "Soaring Cafe" is still operational? The website still works and its Facebook site also works, but I have seen no new postings since the end of December. Now, perhaps it is because there have been no submissions, but it does all seem a bit strange.

So, does anyone know "what" is going on?

Thanks - Renny

Andrzej Kobus

Mar 1, 2015, 11:42:03 AM3/1/15
Since they require a user id to read content I no longer visit the page.

resi...@sbcglobal.net

Mar 1, 2015, 12:45:58 PM3/1/15
Not only have submissions dried up but all of their front page advertising has gone away too. Not a good sign.

Dan Stroschine

Mar 2, 2015, 4:10:18 PM3/2/15
I sent an email last week to them asking if there was going to be any new content in the near future. So far I haven't heard anything but when I do I'll post their reply here.

Renny

Mar 2, 2015, 6:21:32 PM3/2/15
On Monday, March 2, 2015 at 2:10:18 PM UTC-7, Dan Stroschine wrote:
> I sent an email last week to them asking if there was going to be any new content in the near future. So far I haven't heard anything but when I do I'll post their reply here.

Dan - Thanks. I also sent a message a few days ago and have not heard back. I have this feeling that if "Soaring Cafe" returns, it will not be anytime soon. I do believe that, since the site is still up, it is still possible, but I am not going to hold my breath.... Thx - Renny

Dan Stroschine

Mar 3, 2015, 2:56:35 PM3/3/15
That's my concern also. I still haven't heard anything. If I don't within the next week so I guess I'll have to cancel my monthly donation.

Kilo-Bravo

Mar 5, 2015, 3:42:39 AM3/5/15
Hi All,

from time to time, I wrote articles for Soaringcafe or informed Bill & Rand about a new and interesting Blog at my Website UL-Segelflug.de, especially when I published blog in English-translations.
Bill always replyed immediatly to ma mail, bur since November I did nor receive any reply at all.
This supprised me verry much, specially after I had send him to verry interesting links to my newest articles:
http://www.ul-segelflug.de/blog/410-revolutionary-ulf-1-concept-made-in-usa.html

An outstanding project done by "Holliday Obrecht", Member of EAA-Chapter 309 in Charlotte, building a Twin-Engine Electric-powerded Ultralight-Glider,

and another article about an early outstanding American glider-construction, the Woodstoch One, designed by Jim Maupin :
http://www.ul-segelflug.de/f-a-e/433-woodstock-one-ultralight-elegance-in-pure-wood.html

Also to later send emails, not a single answer. Verry strange. Since there is not a single chanfe at the Soaringcafe-Website since then, not even the smallest remark about any problems, I meantime believe, they stopped everything and let the website online. What for? Mayby just to keep donations going?
Also adverts and partner-banners they had placed at the webpage before, they vanished. Verry strange at all.

Hope, thats all just a big mistake and both will come up soon with a verry good explenation for that!

Regards from Germany

Klaus