who remembers the 60's

boycott beale

Dec 3, 2021, 8:11:54 AM12/3/21
I was there in the sixty's Blanik 104 syndicate did instructor course same time

AS

Dec 3, 2021, 6:35:36 PM12/3/21
On Friday, December 3, 2021 at 8:11:54 AM UTC-5, boycott beale wrote:
> I was there in the sixty's Blanik 104 syndicate did instructor course same time

If you remember anything from the 60's, you weren't really in the '60s! ;-)

Uli
'AS'

Eric Greenwell

Dec 3, 2021, 7:28:11 PM12/3/21
The remark I've heard is "If you remember anything from the 60's, you didn't do it right!"

--
Eric Greenwell - USA
- "A Guide to Self-launching Sailplane Operation"

Martin Gregorie

Dec 3, 2021, 7:49:57 PM12/3/21
I think that depends on what you were doing and when you started doing it.

I was still working on a chemistry degree when Bob Dylan first outraged
the local folk-club scene, which thought Peter, Paul and Mary were a
where it was at. I just wish I'd known about Zappa & The Mothers back
then. About then the Beatles came past on their world tour: saw then but
didn't hear them thanks to excess girly screaming and a shit sound
system. A year or two later I saw the Thelonius Monk (OK) and the Duke
Ellington Band (wonderful) and just missed seeing the MJQ.

Plenty beer but never got into grass.

But all that was long before I discovered gliding: instead I was a keen
competition free flight model flyer: flying most classes though even then
F1A glider was my favourite.