Russian R90 Tactical UAV

Rob Arndt

Dec 11, 2004, 3:12:14 PM12/11/04

Rob Arndt

Dec 11, 2004, 3:12:42 PM12/11/04

B2431

Dec 11, 2004, 9:18:59 PM12/11/04
>From: "Rob Arndt" teut...@aol.com
>Date: 12/11/2004 14:12 Central Standard Time
>

>http://www.army.cz/zesvetatechniky/2002/bp/36.jpg?PHPSESSID=de8fc48ab7352
94d2350df3d1bb1859c
>Rob

Nice line drawing. What about it?

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

Rob Arndt

Dec 12, 2004, 6:09:24 PM12/12/04
That's the point, nobody seems to know anything about it or has a photo
of it. I found the drawing while looking for something else and thought
I'd post it after all this is rec.aviation.military.
Maybe someone knows more or can furnish a photo? But if not at least
you know what it looks like now.

Rob

p.s. Dan, do you have to reply to everything I post? It's getting
annoying. Go bother someone else. You complain about my German postings
but when I do post on any other aircraft or weapons you STILL make some
form of complaint. Have you ever considered the fact that there might
be lurkers here or just curious aviation fans that don't know about
most of the topics we discuss here? Maybe someone got something out of
the drawing, maybe not... but I posted it like I always post whatever I
find here or there. I was the first here to post the MOAB photos and a
variety of virtually unknown aircraft from Germany and the world over
the last 6 years. So give me a break!

Pete

Dec 12, 2004, 9:47:52 PM12/12/04

"Rob Arndt" <teut...@aol.com> wrote

> That's the point, nobody seems to know anything about it or has a photo
> of it.

Maybe because it never progressed beyond a drawing? How many thousand other
concepts never progressed beyond the desktop?

Pete

B2431

Dec 13, 2004, 12:25:12 AM12/13/04
>From: "Rob Arndt" teut...@aol.com
>Date: 12/12/2004 17:09 Central Standard Time

>That's the point, nobody seems to know anything about it or has a photo
>of it. I found the drawing while looking for something else and thought
>I'd post it after all this is rec.aviation.military.
>Maybe someone knows more or can furnish a photo? But if not at least
>you know what it looks like now.
>
>Rob
>
>p.s. Dan, do you have to reply to everything I post? It's getting
>annoying.

Don't be so sensitive. You posted a line drawing. You made no comments, you
asked no questions. I only asked why.

Ken Duffey

Dec 13, 2004, 12:25:53 PM12/13/04
Rob Arndt wrote:
> http://www.army.cz/zesvetatechniky/2002/bp/36.jpg?PHPSESSID=de8fc48ab735294d2350df3d1bb1859c
> Rob

I have the 5.2000 issue of the English-language Russian magazine, Air Fleet.

It has a short 6-page article on Russian Unmanned Aerial Vehicles by
Alexander Ponomaryov.

There are no pics or drawings for the R-90, but the text says.......

"In addition ENICS developed the R90 UAV, a small-size reconnaissance
drone. It is designed to perform recce missions and collect info on
effects of multiple launch rocket system attacks for ensuing BDA.

The R-90 features foldable wings, two fins and a pulse-jet engine. Once
launched, the R-90's wings and tailfins are deployed and engine is
started. Its flight is pre-programmed, with an endurance of 30 mins.

The nose-mounted TV camera range for real time imagery downlink is 70km.
The R-90 made its maiden flight in 1990 and passed all tests with success".

That's all there is - but the next edition in the 'Red Stars' series is
slated to be about Russian UAV's - so there may be more info in there ??

Ken