Af/Pak & Other News (10/7/2012)

dump...@hotmail.com

Oct 7, 2012, 8:36:21 PM10/7/12
2 US Troops, 2 Afghan Policemen Killed in Fighting:

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/us-troops-afghan-policemen-killed-fighting-17414783#.UHICXFHAjGs

Navy SEALs serve as buffer between Afghans and Taliban:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2012/10/07/navy-seals-taliban-afghanistan-commandos/1615287/

Pakistan blocks anti-US protest in tribal region:

http://news.yahoo.com/pakistan-blocks-anti-us-protest-tribal-region-111812657.html;_ylt=Aiyx.m2bhNegvNKJbUnVJTJvaA8F;_ylu=X3oDMTNjMjJkamNmBG1pdAMEcGtnAzkwMDc5OTA1LTRiOTMtMzMwYS1iMDA0LWZmYjBlYjFiYzUzZgRwb3MDMgRzZWMDbG5fQXNpYV9nYWwEdmVyAzBkYzlkY2YwLTEwOTktMTFlMi05MmY3LTQwMzljZTMwNTkyOA--;_ylv=3

Afghan War Enters its 12th Year:

http://www.voanews.com/content/afghan-war-anniversary/1521932.html

India to Induct Loitering Weapon, Upgrade Israeli Searcher Mk II,
Heron I Fleet:

http://defense-update.com/20121007_indian_uav_upgrade.html

Turkey, Syria trade fire; border tensions mount:

http://www.boston.com/news/world/middle-east/2012/10/07/turkey-syria-trade-fire-border-tensions-mount/3dEV8YsZVHQSWeDfCedsiM/story.html

Syria clashes with armed infiltrators from Lebanon:

http://news.yahoo.com/syria-clashes-armed-infiltrators-lebanon-092442938.html;_ylt=AnGCz7t_lHsQCgU18p6gxq1vaA8F;_ylu=X3oDMTNnOGJkbWluBG1pdAMEcGtnAzg0MTA4ZjkxLTI0YmItMzQ3Ni1hZjM0LTUzMThiZjc4NWQ3MQRwb3MDMTUEc2VjA2xuX01pZEVhc3RfZ2FsBHZlcgMwNzIwODRlMC0xMDYxLTExZTItYmQ5Zi1lZjlhOTBhNTMwYWY-;_ylv=3

Citing US fears, Arab allies limit military aid to Syrian rebels:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/49315142/ns/world_news-the_new_york_times/#.UHIBGFHAjGs

Rookie Freelancers Risking Their Lives To Cover The Arab Spring:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/newsweek/2012/10/07/rookie-freelancers-risking-their-lives-to-cover-the-arab-spring.html

Analysis: Iran, Hezbollah likely behind UAV trespass:

http://www.jpost.com/Defense/Article.aspx?id=286880

Israel Downs UAV With Dogfighting Missiles:

http://www.defensenews.com/article/20121007/DEFREG04/310070002/Israel-Downs-UAV-Dogfighting-Missiles?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

Israel targets Mujahideen Shura Council and Global Jihad terrorists in
Gaza:

http://www.longwarjournal.org/archives/2012/10/israel_targets_mujah.php

Israeli jets fly mock raids over south Lebanon:

http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-news/ci_21719322/israeli-jets-stage-mock-raids-over-south-lebanon

Libya parliament votes to remove PM from post:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2012/10/07/libya-parliament/1618259/

2 Tunisians detained in Turkey for links to killing of US ambassador:

http://www.longwarjournal.org/threat-matrix/archives/2012/10/two_tunisians_detained_in_turk.php

15 Killed in Sudan Military Crash: State Media:

http://www.defensenews.com/article/20121007/DEFREG04/310070004/15-Killed-Sudan-Military-Crash-State-Media?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

Philippines, Muslim rebels agree landmark deal to end 40-year
conflict:

worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/10/07/14271407-philippines-muslim-
rebels-agree-landmark-deal-to-end-40-year-conflict?lite

China to Build Two Missile Corvettes for Bangladesh:

http://defense-update.com/20121007_china-to-build-two-missile-corvettes-for-bangladesh.html

U.S., South Korea agree on longer range ballistic missiles:

http://news.yahoo.com/u-south-korea-agree-boost-ballistic-missile-capability-062048146.html

Plot to bomb 48 churches in Oklahoma uncovered, police say:

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/10/06/14267794-plot-to-bomb-48-churches-in-oklahoma-uncovered-police-say?lite

Andrew Swallow

Oct 8, 2012, 1:47:28 AM10/8/12
On 08/10/2012 01:36, dump...@hotmail.com wrote:
> Libya parliament votes to remove PM from post:
>
> http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2012/10/07/libya-parliament/1618259/

Setting up a new government of Libya.

Lets hope this does not turn into a civil war. There are several town
that think they are entitled to more than their fare share of government
ministers.

[quote]
TRIPOLI, Libya (AP) -- Libya's parliament ousted the country's new prime
minister in a no-confidence vote on Sunday, the latest blow to hopes
that political factions could agree on a government charged with
restoring stability after last year's civil war.

Mustafa Abushagur was the first prime minister to be elected after the
2011 overthrow of dictator Moammar Gadhafi. He represented an offshoot
of the country's oldest anti-Gadhafi opposition movement, and was
considered a compromise candidate acceptable to both liberals and Islamists.
{snip}
[/quote]

Andrew Swallow

Bill

Oct 8, 2012, 4:54:50 AM10/8/12
On Mon, 08 Oct 2012 06:47:28 +0100, Andrew Swallow
<am.sw...@btinternet.com> wrote:

>On 08/10/2012 01:36, dump...@hotmail.com wrote:
>> Libya parliament votes to remove PM from post:
>>
>> http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2012/10/07/libya-parliament/1618259/
>
>Setting up a new government of Libya.
>
>Lets hope this does not turn into a civil war.

Why?

dott.Piergiorgio

Oct 8, 2012, 6:47:59 AM10/8/12
Il 08/10/2012 07:47, Andrew Swallow ha scritto:
> On 08/10/2012 01:36, dump...@hotmail.com wrote:
>> Libya parliament votes to remove PM from post:
>>
>> http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2012/10/07/libya-parliament/1618259/
>>

> Setting up a new government of Libya.
>
> Lets hope this does not turn into a civil war. There are several town
> that think they are entitled to more than their fare share of government
> ministers.

I don't think they are fool enough to dive in another civil war; they
risk to losing their independence ('nuff said....)

Best regards from Italy,
dott. Piergiorgio.

dott.Piergiorgio

Oct 8, 2012, 7:36:26 AM10/8/12
Il 08/10/2012 10:54, Bill ha scritto:

>> Setting up a new government of Libya.
>>
>> Lets hope this does not turn into a civil war.
>
> Why?

It's one of the really few cases in which Italy will not watch passively....

Andrew Swallow

Oct 8, 2012, 11:04:58 AM10/8/12
These two paragraphs
[quote]
Perhaps the single greatest challenge facing any new Libyan leader is
the proliferation of ex-rebel militias. One radical Islamist group has
been linked to the attack last month on the U.S. Consulate in the
eastern city of Benghazi that killed the American ambassador and three
others.
[/quote]

[quote]
After 40 years of Gadhafi's divide-and-rule tactics and the 2011 war,
Libya's towns, tribes and regions are highly polarized. Many feel
entitled to high government positions because of their losses in the war
against Gadhafi, and are wary of any power wielded by their rivals.
[/quote]

The friend of the West has been fired. His replacement has not been
agreed yet.

They have already shot the sheriff (U.S. Consulate).

This is a Mafia style gang war.

Andrew Swallow

Bill

Oct 8, 2012, 11:43:50 AM10/8/12
On Mon, 08 Oct 2012 16:04:58 +0100, Andrew Swallow
As long as the major oil port and oil fields are in the hands of well
paid friendlies I don't care.

I've had enough of well meaning but utterly futile attempts to be nice
to Arabs.

They can all rot in hell for me.

Grantland

Oct 8, 2012, 12:51:11 PM10/8/12
Too many fluoride-head morons in the world. Swallow it all, retard. Chug chug.

You and that sub-cretin Deano. Billy-boy, however, appears to be an operative.

Andrew Swallow

Oct 8, 2012, 5:59:09 PM10/8/12
I strongly suspect that the *unfriendly* are attempting to take over Libya.

Andrew Swallow

Bill

Oct 8, 2012, 6:02:54 PM10/8/12
If they do we should break them again.

As I've said, I've had enough of them.

Andrew Swallow

Oct 8, 2012, 7:41:47 PM10/8/12
It could be easier to break them whilst they are in charge of a town but
not yet the entire country.

Time to step up surveillance.

Andrew Swallow

Dean Markley

Oct 9, 2012, 8:12:30 AM10/9/12
Bill! We need to increase the fluoride level in Grantland's drinking water.

Grantland

Oct 9, 2012, 1:13:54 PM10/9/12
On Tuesday, October 9, 2012 2:12:31 PM UTC+2, Dean Markley wrote:
> On Monday, October 8, 2012 12:51:11 PM UTC-4, Grantland wrote:
>
> > On Monday, 8 October 2012 17:04:58 UTC+2, Andrew Swallow wrote:
>

> > > On 08/10/2012 09:54, Bill wrote:

A recent Harvard university study reckons a lifetime use reduces IQ by 20 points. You'll need at least triple that to engage me in your retard mindsets.

Grantland

Oct 9, 2012, 1:18:02 PM10/9/12