Pestilence/Bioweapons

Matthew

Jul 8, 2022, 8:38:03 PMJul 8
>Ghana prepares for possible first-ever Marburg virus outbreak
>Marburg is a highly infectious viral haemorrhagic fever in the same family as the more well-known Ebola virus disease.
>Case fatality rates have varied from 24% to 88% in past outbreaks depending on virus strain and case management.
https://news.un.org/en/story/2022/07/1122242

Matthew

Jul 17, 2022, 11:34:00 PMJul 17
>Three people have died from a mysterious Ebola-like disease in Africa's Tanzania, prompting the government to dispatch a team of doctors to investigate it. Symptoms of the illness include fever, headaches, fatigue and nosebleeds
>Tanzania has never before recorded a case of Ebola or Marburg, two deadly viruses known to cause bleeding.

>This comes days after Ghana reported two suspected cases of the Marburg virus, which belongs to the same family as Ebola.
>The World Health Organisation said if confirmed it would be the first case of Marburg in Ghana.
https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/mysterious-ebola-like-disease-kills-3-in-tanzania-probe-launched-3158007

Matthew

Aug 7, 2022, 12:42:48 PMAug 7
>New York polio case is the ‘tip of the iceberg,’ hundreds of others could be infected, health official says
https://www.cnbc.com/2022/08/05/new-york-polio-case-tip-of-iceberg-hundreds-of-others-could-be-infected.html

Matthew

Aug 9, 2022, 11:08:35 PMAug 9
>Langya Virus: China Detects New Virus in 35 People
>Typical symptoms have included fever, fatigue, a cough, loss of appetite, muscle pain, nausea, headache and vomiting. In more severe cases, patients have shown a decrease in white blood cells, low platelet counts, liver failure and kidney failure. No deaths have been reported so far.
>The henipavirus family, to which this new strain belongs, are classed as biosafety Level 4 viruses, according to the World Health Organization (WHO), and can have fatality rates ranging from 40 to 75 percent.
https://www.newsweek.com/langya-virus-china-detects-new-virus-35-people-1732267

Matthew

Aug 22, 2022, 12:35:51 PMAug 22
>Tomato flu outbreak in India
>Just as we are dealing with the probable emergence of fourth wave of COVID-19, a new virus known as tomato flu, or tomato fever, has emerged in India in the state of Kerala in children younger than 5 years.
https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanres/article/PIIS2213-2600(22)00300-9/fulltext

Matthew

Aug 23, 2022, 6:58:11 PMAug 23
>New case of Ebola virus confirmed in Democratic Republic of Congo
https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/23/africa/drc-new-ebola-case-intl/index.html
Message has been deleted

Matthew

Sep 20, 2022, 3:46:07 AMSep 20

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-11156293/Is-bird-flu-pandemic-Experts-say-human-outbreak-horizon.html

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/09/07/health/bird-flu-dolphins-cetaceans.html

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-49727101

>Neither can we exclude theft of pathogens during the chaos and aftermath of the explosion, or that the explosion itself was deliberate to enable theft
>in the case of engineered or synthetic pathogens, previously unknown disease syndromes may occur
https://jglobalbiosecurity.com/articles/10.31646/gbio.41

A mutating strain of bird flu that has emerged in Russia has “a fairly high degree of probability” of human-to-human transmission, the head of the country’s health watchdog warned in a report.
https://nypost.com/2021/03/12/russia-warns-of-human-to-human-transmission-of-bird-flu-strain

Matthew

Sep 20, 2022, 6:13:48 AMSep 20
>Uganda declares Ebola Virus Disease outbreak

>The Uganda Virus Research Institute confirmed the case after testing a sample taken from a 24-year-old male. This follows an investigation by the National Rapid Response team of six suspicious deaths that have occurred in the district this month. There are currently eight suspected cases who are receiving care in a health facility.
https://www.afro.who.int/countries/uganda/news/uganda-declares-ebola-virus-disease-outbreak

Matthew

Sep 22, 2022, 3:52:28 PMSep 22
>One-year-old dies as 11 more suspected Ebola cases identified in Uganda
https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/22/africa/suspected-ebola-cases-uganda-intl/index.html
Message has been deleted

Matthew

Sep 27, 2022, 12:23:22 AMSep 27
>Ebola infections grow in Uganda as death toll rises to 23

>The virus has now spread to neighboring Kyegegwa and Kassanda districts, with the Ugandan Health Ministry reporting that cumulative cases had risen to 36, including confirmed and probable cases.
https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/26/africa/ebola-deaths-rise-uganda-intl/index.html

Matthew

Oct 6, 2022, 3:06:26 PMOct 6
>U.S. to Begin Screening Air Passengers From Uganda for Ebola
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/10/06/health/ebola-cdc-uganda.html
Message has been deleted

Matthew

Oct 13, 2022, 2:59:30 PMOct 13
>At least four suspected cases of Ebola were being monitored in Uganda's capital Kampala on Wednesday, after the capital's first death on Friday

>Health officials now fear that the virus could spread within the capital, which has direct flights to Europe and the United States as well as other destinations.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-health/science-and-disease/uganda-ebola-outbreak-fears-mount-first-death-recorded-capital

Matthew

Oct 20, 2022, 3:27:31 PMOct 20
>The eight most recent Ebola cases reported during the outbreak in Uganda have no known links with current patients, the World Health Organization said on Wednesday

>"We remain concerned that there may be more chains of transmission and more contacts than we know about in the affected communities," WHO Director General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus told reporters.
https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/who-concerned-about-ebola-spread-latest-eight-cases-not-contacts-others-infected-2022-10-19

https://archive.is/ZE8fH

Matthew

Oct 20, 2022, 11:56:15 PMOct 20
https://apnews.com/article/health-matshidiso-moeti-east-africa-kampala-72ad17ad9054966e1c5823a352bb8591

>WHO director-general "concerned" over potential scope of Uganda's Ebola outbreak
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/ebola-outbreak-uganda-world-health-organization-concerned

Matthew

Oct 24, 2022, 3:53:53 PMOct 24
>Uganda's Ebola outbreak sees a worrisome increase in infections after spike in cases over the weekend
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/ugandas-ebola-outbreak-sees-worrisome-increase-infections-spike-cases-rcna53669

Matthew

Oct 25, 2022, 11:06:23 PMOct 25
>"Kampala should have restriction of movement," said Uganda Medical Association (UMA) president, Dr Samuel Oledo during an interview on Uganda-based KFM Radio.

>"Let us hold Kampala when it is still early. The earlier we lockdown Kampala, the better. Ugandans are still taking it as something so minor. It is catastrophic that right now, people are not even reporting cases," he added.
https://newsaf.cgtn.com/news/2022-10-26/Uganda-medics-urge-lockdown-on-Kampala-to-curb-Ebola-spread-1eqxZ7AvDUI/index.html

Matthew

Oct 27, 2022, 10:50:44 PMOct 27
>Russia continues to spread disinformation at the United Nations.

>So let me set the record straight: Ukraine does not have a biological weapons program.

>It is Russia that has long maintained a biological weapons program in violation of international law.
https://twitter.com/USAmbUN/status/1585744323068534794

Matthew

Oct 31, 2022, 10:22:56 PMOct 31
>As Ebola cases steadily rise in Uganda, with a spate of cases recently reported in Kampala, the World Health Organization (WHO) said the latest developments increase the risk to Uganda and the surrounding region.
https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-perspective/2022/10/ugandas-ebola-cases-rise-who-ups-risk-assessment

Matthew

Nov 8, 2022, 7:47:42 PMNov 8

Matthew

Nov 13, 2022, 6:49:02 PM (13 days ago) Nov 13