Af/Pak & Other News (3/24/2012)

dump...@hotmail.com

Mar 24, 2012, 7:57:08 PM3/24/12
Officials: Pakistani Taliban Training Frenchmen:

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/officials-pakistani-taliban-training-frenchmen-15994268#.T25G79UvjIU

US says soldier split killing spree:

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jelk0i2H6hLd90OJjkpE-zqhgKng?docId=730d3aeb134142f4b2d68120589ada2e

Clashes kill seven soldiers, 22 militants in tribal belt:

http://www.dawn.com/2012/03/24/clashes-kill-seven-soldiers-22-militants-in-tribal-belt.html

Iranian weapons help Bashar Assad put down Syria protests, officials
say:

http://worldnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/03/24/10842227-iranian-weapons-help-bashar-assad-put-down-syria-protests-officials-say

Report: Iran planned to bomb Israeli ship in Suez Canal:

http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-defense/report-iran-planned-to-bomb-israeli-ship-in-suez-canal-1.420463

Syrian tanks enter northern town, Homs pounded again:

http://news.yahoo.com/syrian-tanks-enter-northern-town-homs-pounded-again-113415128.html

Syria defectors unite as violence rages:

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5iDUVWtdBa6bSUgBhgLhWw22XH5ww?docId=CNG.21d7529810c84dae722551bd118afd92.131

Iraq prison staff detained over jailbreak:

http://www.boston.com/news/world/middleeast/articles/2012/03/24/iraq_prison_staff_detained_over_jailbreak/

An "Internal Look" at the Aftermath of an Israeli Strike:

http://www.israeldefense.com/?CategoryID=484&ArticleID=1064

Ex-spy boss may spill Gadhafi's secrets:

http://www.spacewar.com/reports/Ex-spy_boss_may_spill_Gadhafis_secrets_999.html

Dark And Very Ugly Secrets Surfacing:

http://www.strategypage.com/qnd/libya/articles/20120324.aspx

Crimes Suspected In Swedish-Saudi Weapons Project:

http://www.defencetalk.com/crimes-suspected-in-swedish-saudi-weapons-project-41081/

In wake of viral video, African Union to launch new military push
targeting Kony's rebels:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/46842771/ns/world_news-the_new_york_times/#.T25BpdUvjIU

Pro-China hackers target Tibetan activists with malware:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/03/23/china_tibet_malware_attacks/

Toulouse terrorist’s brother is 'proud' of him, says French media:

http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-defense/toulouse-terrorist-s-brother-is-proud-of-him-says-french-media-1.420475

French spymaster: Gunman didn't plan school attack:

http://worldnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/03/23/10828805-french-spymaster-gunman-didnt-plan-school-attack

Europe's armed forces team up on refuelling aircraft:

http://www.spacewar.com/reports/Europes_armed_forces_team_up_on_refuelling_aircraft_999.html

Norway strengthens plan to acquire 'best value' F-35:

http://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/norway-strengthens-plan-to-acquire-best-value-f-35-369885/

Vulcan Flight Tests Scheduled For April:

http://www.xairforces.net/newsd.asp?newsid=1129&newst=1

British Test Pilot Marks Milestone In the Joint Combat Aircraft:

http://www.defense-aerospace.com/articles-view/release/3/133770/british-test-pilot-flies-f_35c-carrier-variant.html

U.S. House Panel Urges Simplified Defense Acquisition Process:

http://www.defensenews.com/article/20120323/DEFREG02/303230006/U-S-House-Panel-Urges-Simplified-Defense-Acquisition-Process?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

USAF fields first upgraded F-22 Raptors:

http://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/usaf-fields-first-upgraded-f-22-raptors-369886/

Maritime Surveillance, Fuel Efficiency Top U.S. Pacific Command's Wish

http://www.nationaldefensemagazine.org/blog/Lists/Posts/Post.aspx?ID=719

Lockheed Martin Trident-IID5 Missile Achieves 137th Successful Test
Flight:

http://www.xairforces.net/newsd.asp?newsid=1134&newst=7

Congress warned that military systems may already be pwned:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/03/24/congress_dod_pwned/

U.S. Military Goes on Cyber Offensive:

http://www.defensenews.com/article/20120324/DEFREG02/303240001/U-S-Military-Goes-Cyber-Offensive?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

Daryl

Mar 24, 2012, 9:39:26 PM3/24/12
This is sad. If the outside helps, a Civil War happens. If the
outside doesn't help, a civil war erupts. Assad is going to go
right down to the wire on this one. If he can't have it, no one
else can either.

--
http://tvmoviesforfree.com
for free movies and Nostalgic TV. Tons of Military shows and

Daryl

Mar 24, 2012, 9:43:13 PM3/24/12
On 3/24/2012 5:57 PM, dump...@hotmail.com wrote:

It appears that the F-22 doesn't have the survability of the
F-22. If the F-22 is to take the place of the F-15E then it
needed this upgrade.

SolomonW

Mar 25, 2012, 12:22:11 AM3/25/12
On Sat, 24 Mar 2012 16:57:08 -0700 (PDT), dump...@hotmail.com wrote:

> Ex-spy boss may spill Gadhafi's secrets:
>
> http://www.spacewar.com/reports/Ex-spy_boss_may_spill_Gadhafis_secrets_999.html

I would with great interest follow such a case, but I doubt much would be
released.

Kerryn Offord

Mar 25, 2012, 1:41:39 AM3/25/12
On 3/25/2012 2:39 PM, Daryl wrote:
> On 3/24/2012 5:57 PM, dump...@hotmail.com wrote:
>

>> Syria defectors unite as violence rages:
>>
>> http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5iDUVWtdBa6bSUgBhgLhWw22XH5ww?docId=CNG.21d7529810c84dae722551bd118afd92.131
>>

> This is sad. If the outside helps, a Civil War happens. If the outside
> doesn't help, a civil war erupts. Assad is going to go right down to the
> wire on this one. If he can't have it, no one else can either.

There is already outside help.. Russia and Iran...

Oh, you mean outside help for the civilians ...

Alex Potter

Mar 25, 2012, 5:06:04 PM3/25/12
Daryl wrote:

> It appears that the F-22 doesn't have the survability of the
> F-22.

Eh?

--
Alex

Eugene Griessel

Mar 25, 2012, 5:08:38 PM3/25/12
Surfability? The V and F are easy to transpose on the keyboard.
Rather a big thing to want to surf - not surprised they don't do too
well - especially in small surf.

Eugene L Griessel

One of the biggest and most important tools of theoretical physics
is the wastebasket. - Richard Feynman

Daryl

Mar 25, 2012, 5:11:23 PM3/25/12
Late night typing. It should read.....

It appears that the F-35 doesn't have the survability of the
F-22.