Af/Pak & Other News (6/17/2012)

dump...@hotmail.com

Jun 17, 2012, 8:51:43 PM6/17/12
Canadian military equipment trapped in Afghanistan:

http://edmonton.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20120616/canadian-military-equipment-trapped-120616/20120616/?hub=EdmontonHome

Pakistan continues LoC siege; trade scene bleak:

http://dailypioneer.com/nation/73868-pakistan-continues-loc-siege-trade-scene-bleak.html

India has done well to resist US pressure on Afghanistan: Taliban:

http://www.hindustantimes.com/world-news/Afghanistan/India-has-done-well-to-resist-US-pressure-on-Afghanistan-Taliban/Article1-873854.aspx

The Elusive American Drug Epidemic In Afghanistan:

http://www.strategypage.com/htmw/htatrit/articles/20120617.aspx

India Scraps Domestic Jet Engine Plan:

http://www.defensenews.com/article/20120617/DEFREG03/306170005/India-Scraps-Domestic-Jet-Engine-Plan?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

SPECIAL REPORT:How MTN allegedly bribed its way into Iran:

http://www.defenceweb.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=26243:special-reporthow-mtn-allegedly-bribed-its-way-into-iran&catid=7:Industry&Itemid=116

German-Saudi tank deal twice as big as planned: report:

http://www.france24.com/en/20120617-german-saudi-tank-deal-twice-big-planned-report

UN demands evacuation of Syrian civilians in Homs:

http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-news/ci_20878159/un-demands-evacuation-syrian-civilians-homs

With new fence, Navy readying for sea-terror swell:

http://www.jpost.com/Defense/Article.aspx?id=274173

Islamists in northern Mali fire on two aircraft:

http://www.spacewar.com/reports/Islamists_in_northern_Mali_fire_on_two_aircraft_999.html

21 Killed in Attacks on Churches in Nigeria:

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/nigeria-killed-48-wounded-church-blasts-16588782#.T95qV8X7HIU

German neo-Nazi 'helped Munich massacre mastermind':

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5gRPIKmCXZot6Gs4S1A3bN5cGdxAQ?docId=CNG.6ff56c6af046a17dc2f6ff9b5028ab75.881

Found after 94 years - the submarine which won two VCs:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/turkey/9336020/Found-after-94-years-the-submarine-which-won-two-VCs.html

Pictured: The UFO-shaped object found at the bottom of the Baltic
Sea... covered in soot, with 'little fireplaces' and lying at the end
of a 1,000ft runway:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2160297/Pictured-The-UFO-shaped-object-the-Baltic-Sea--covered-soot-little-fireplaces-lying-end-1-000ft-runway.html#ixzz1y4CBqgti

US deserter in Sweden steps forward after 28 years:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/47848627/ns/world_news-europe/#.T95pUMX7HIU

HMS Diamond sets sail on maiden deployment:

http://www.defenceweb.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=26216:hms-diamond-sets-sail-on-maiden-deployment&catid=51:Sea&Itemid=106

Japan suspends deployment of V-22:

http://alert5.com/2012/06/17/japan-suspends-deployment-of-v-22/

Drones used to monitor Taiwan floods:

http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default.asp?page=2012\06\18\story_18-6-2012_pg14_5

Drought hits key food province in N. Korea:

http://www.spacedaily.com/reports/Drought_hits_key_food_province_in_N_Korea_999.html

Thailand: Gangsters, Islamic Terrorists, Deathmatch:

http://www.strategypage.com/qnd/thai/articles/20120617.aspx

Hmong pilots saluted in Maplewood:

http://www.twincities.com/localnews/ci_20866993/hmong-pilots-who-aided-u-s-get-recognition

Montana governor sues over Air Guard mission:

http://www.airforcetimes.com/news/2012/06/ap-montana-air-national-guard-lawsuit/

Hacked companies fight back with controversial steps:

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/47849023/ns/technology_and_science-security/#.T957RsX7HIU

dott.Piergiorgio

Jun 18, 2012, 1:18:15 AM6/18/12
Il 18/06/2012 02:51, dump...@hotmail.com ha scritto:

> With new fence, Navy readying for sea-terror swell:
>
> http://www.jpost.com/Defense/Article.aspx?id=274173

mhm....

someone remember what was the orignal PLA plan against MS Achille Lauro ?

I suspect that will be dusted off, with the major amendment of NOT using
a cruise ship of the merchant service of a major Naval power...

Best regards from Italy,
dott. Piergiorgio.

Jim Wilkins

Jun 18, 2012, 5:56:18 AM6/18/12
"dott.Piergiorgio" <chied...@ask.me> wrote in message

> someone remember what was the orignal PLA plan against MS Achille
> Lauro ?
>
> I suspect that will be dusted off, with the major amendment of NOT
> using a cruise ship of the merchant service of a major Naval
> power...
>
> Best regards from Italy,
> dott. Piergiorgio.

IIRC there wasn't any, they were simply using it for transportation
until a crew member discovered their weapons.

Dr. Vincent Quin, Ph.D.

Jun 18, 2012, 6:04:02 AM6/18/12
Jim Wilkins wrote:
> "dott.Piergiorgio" <chied...@ask.me> wrote in message
>
> IIRC there wasn't any,

Liars frequently precede the lie with IIRC (or similar) as a
way to defend any lie charge.

Son, the best policy is to actually *verify* before you post nonsense.
;-)

Kerryn Offord

Jun 18, 2012, 6:29:27 AM6/18/12
If you would only follow your own rules.

Jim Wilkins

Jun 18, 2012, 7:38:25 AM6/18/12
"Dr. Vincent Quin, Ph.D." <dr...@jameford.edu> wrote in message
Wrong as usual, Phraudboy; I did remember it correctly:
http://www.chron.com/CDA/archives/archive.mpl/1996_1337474/contrite-abbas-regrets-achille-lauro-slaying.html
"We didn't plan at all to hijack the ship,"

jsw

Dr. Vincent Quin, Ph.D.

Jun 18, 2012, 7:59:26 AM6/18/12
Son, I just said verify first then you don't need IIRC or "It seems
to me" or any other such phrases liars frequently use as a way to
back out of the lie when caught.

I'm happy that you've now got around to verifying...keep up the good work.
;-)

--
Each person has an individual responsibility to
determine if his actions are moral, and no government

definition:
murder - the unjustifiable (immoral) killing of people, NO EXCEPTIONS.

Jim Wilkins

Jun 18, 2012, 8:47:48 AM6/18/12

> Jim Wilkins wrote:
>>
> Son, I just said verify first then you don't need IIRC...

Do you fancy yourself the webmaster now, dictating proper behavior
that you don't practice yourself?

Dean Markley

Jun 18, 2012, 1:18:51 PM6/18/12
We'd like to see you verify your degree.

Jim Wilkins

Jun 18, 2012, 1:50:53 PM6/18/12

"Dean Markley" <dama...@gmail.com> wrote in message
> On Monday, June 18, 2012 7:59:26 AM UTC-4, Dr. Vincent Quin, Ph.D.
> wrote:
>> Jim Wilkins wrote:
>>
>> > "Dr. Vincent Quin, Ph.D." <dr...@jameford.edu> wrote in message

>> > Wrong as usual, Phraudboy; I did remember it correctly:
>> > http://www.chron.com/CDA/archives/archive.mpl/1996_1337474/contrite-abbas-regrets-achille-lauro-slaying.html
>> > "We didn't plan at all to hijack the ship,"
>> > jsw

>> I'm happy that you've now got around to verifying...keep up the
>> good work.
>> ;-)

> We'd like to see you verify your degree.

He has not yet verified even a fourth-grader's knowledge of history.

One of the few delights of Army Basic Training was watching arrogant
blowhards like him fall flat on their faces in a pool of their own
reeking vomit after the drill sergeants forced their scrawny butts to
deliver what their oversized mouths had boasted.