VJ-24 plans

pascal jakobs

Feb 8, 2004, 6:09:52 AM2/8/04
I'm looking for Volmer Jensen's VJ-23 and/or VJ-24 plans.
anybody can help?

--
please answer to
pascal at jakobs dot org

I. B. Phuckenuits

Feb 8, 2004, 6:44:01 AM2/8/04
In article <45c4a19f.04020...@posting.google.com>, pascal...@libertysurf.fr (pascal jakobs) wrote:
>Hi,
>I'm looking for Volmer Jensen's VJ-23 and/or VJ-24 plans.
>anybody can help?

Try www.vula.org

Jean-Paul Roy

Feb 8, 2004, 9:05:21 AM2/8/04
You can get infos at the following:
http://midtoad.homelinux.org/midwinter.ca/RigidWings/volmer.htm

J.P.

"pascal jakobs" <pascal...@libertysurf.fr> wrote in message

volmerfan

Feb 8, 2004, 1:52:55 PM2/8/04

In article <PnrVb.45$y07....@news20.bellglobal.com>, Jean-Paul Roy
<jean-pa...@sympatico.ca> wrote:

> You can get infos at the following:
> http://midtoad.homelinux.org/midwinter.ca/RigidWings/volmer.htm
>
> J.P.

The article on that page was written by me. Be advised that the
information is six years old. I remember trying to broker the transfer
of Volmer Jensen's papers from his heirs to the Smithsonian Air & Space
collection through Vic Powell, but right in the middle of it all I was
under vicious attack by the pilot's ass. and its executive secretary,
not to mention a pack of rabid dogs on the HG Digests, so I gave up on
the sport because it just wasn't any fun anymore.

I know the heirs were not interested in continuing Mr. Jensen's work or
supporting his designs. I don't know if someone continues to publish
his plans. I see you have asked the same over in
rec.aviation.homebuilt, so maybe there's an answer there. Another
possibility might be to contact SHA (Sailplane Homebuilder零
Association), or TWITT (The Wing Is The Thing).

Gadfly

LM Scott

Feb 8, 2004, 5:42:48 PM2/8/04
:

> > Hi,
> > I'm looking for Volmer Jensen's VJ-23 and/or VJ-24 plans.
> > anybody can help?

Have you tried the VULA? Vintage Ultralight Associaton(?) Good Luck<G>

Wright1902Glider

Feb 9, 2004, 8:14:44 AM2/9/04
Try cross-posting in the Hang-gliding History group at Yahoo Groups. There was
a request for a set of VP-5 plans there last week. I'm sure that one of the
guys will know something.

Harry

Skyking

Feb 9, 2004, 3:28:50 PM2/9/04
pascal...@libertysurf.fr (pascal jakobs) wrote in message news:<45c4a19f.04020...@posting.google.com>...

> Hi,
> I'm looking for Volmer Jensen's VJ-23 and/or VJ-24 plans.
> anybody can help?

I have a set along with a VJ-24, where are you located?

Skyking

bcande...@gmail.com

Dec 22, 2014, 9:45:55 PM12/22/14
Howdy SkyKing

Do you still have the VJ-24 plans?

cobracho...@gmail.com

Mar 22, 2017, 3:51:37 AM3/22/17

I'm also looking for VJ-24 / VJ-24e / VJ-24w plans

or email me, I may have them by the time you read this...

CHOPPERGIRL @ AIR-WAR.ORG
http:/choppergirl.air-war.org

rockinc.p...@gmail.com

May 7, 2018, 9:20:40 PM5/7/18
I've been hunting around also trying to find a copy of the VJ-24 plans. If you ever found a copy, I'd love to get some. I'm happy to pay for em.

Standard Poodle

May 7, 2018, 11:35:11 PM5/7/18
On 05/07/2018 06:20 PM, rockinc.p...@gmail.com wrote:
> I've been hunting around also trying to find a copy of the VJ-24 plans. If you ever found a copy, I'd love to get some. I'm happy to pay for em.

Somewhere, I have a set of VJ-24 plans. Never used, as in didn't build a
VJ-24 SunFun, or anything part of one, or anything else either. So these
plans still come with the legal right to build one copy, if that matters
any more.

I'm in SoCal

rockinc.p...@gmail.com

May 14, 2018, 1:54:05 PM5/14/18
Would you be interested in selling them? I'm in West Virginia.

Thanks!

Standard Poodle

May 15, 2018, 5:50:27 PM5/15/18
On 05/14/2018 10:54 AM, rockinc.p...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Monday, May 7, 2018 at 11:35:11 PM UTC-4, Standard Poodle wrote:

>> Somewhere, I have a set of VJ-24 plans.
> Would you be interested in selling them?

Somewhere... Yes, interested, and looking for them.

Side story:
The plans came with a sample of foam wing leading-edge material. Volmer
Jensen wrote (or called, don't remember) me some months after I bought
the plans, asking if I would send that piece of foam back to him. He'd
handed out his last piece, and now needed another. He also invited me to
come and watch him fly his VJ-24, at a beach in Oxnard. I sent the foam
back to him, and made it to the beach on the appointed day.
There was a stiff breeze, and he launched by taking a few quick steps
into the wind from a high point on the sand. After a couple brief
flights, the unoccupied airplane was for some reason pointed downwind
while on the ground. His ground crew wasn't paying attention, a gust
picked up the tail, up and over, the top of the vertical fin hit the
sand and the craft was upside down. Not disastrous, but enough damage to
end the day's flying.

todd...@gmail.com

Jan 24, 2019, 3:14:49 PM1/24/19
Curious if anyone ever located some PDF plans of the VJ-24. Looking to build an RC version

cobracho...@gmail.com

Mar 11, 2019, 5:51:03 PM3/11/19
I have a copy of the VJ-24w plans in PDF form... same basic air frame as the glider, Volmer just grafted on a motor mount and some wheels to the VJ-24 run and jump glider and called it a "VJ-24e"with engine on back, and then "VJ-24w" for engine on front and wheels you could actually land on.

If anybody wants them, email me.

CHOPPERGIRL
CHOPP...@AIR-WAR.ORG
http://choppergirl.air-war.org

cobracho...@gmail.com

Mar 11, 2019, 6:00:27 PM3/11/19

I own a Volmer Jensen VJ-24w myself, and I do my darnest to find, follow, and track all VJ-24's in the world... as there are so few... so far I've found less than a handful in various states of disrepair, or flying.

My own VJ-24w page:
http://dorothy.air-war.org

My Volmer Jensen page:
http://volmerjensen.air-war.org

Don't bother sending off to Vula for plans; I did that once for the VJ-24w plans and sent him a $20 note, and never heard back from him or got anything, though I emailed him and was like... what's up?

If you want the plans, email me, and I'll shoot you a link to them for free. They were a devil for me to find, and I finally got my copy from Mac Hodges who bought Scott Perkins plane... and got his copy from Scott Perkins who completed a plane. ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wU0_Qb8qo0 )

CHOPPERGIRL
http://choppergirl.air-war.org
choppergirl.air-war.org

Bonk

Mar 13, 2019, 11:50:58 AM3/13/19
On 03/11/2019 03:00 PM, cobracho...@gmail.com wrote:

> email me, and I'll shoot you

I know!

> CHOPPERGIRL http://choppergirl.air-war.org choppergirl.air-war.org

Bonk

Mar 13, 2019, 12:01:02 PM3/13/19
That's very nice of you. I (Std. Poodle) still haven't found mine.

The Lazair was my favorite-ever UL, it just looked so organic and
birdlike, while the VJ-24 is stiff and boxy. Sport Chalet used to be a
dealer for those, and had one on display in our local store.