Nice Or Greece..?

1 view

Stroller

Jan 17, 2002, 8:28:02 AM1/17/02
<posted & mailed>

Sorry to raise what is quite an old subject, on EuroPG, at least. I have a
couple of 4-day weekends off work in the next couple of months,and notice
that sleEzyJet can do me a return to either Nice or Athens for about the
same money (less than £100 return). Can anyone make any recommendations..?

I'm pretty sure there is decent flying near the South Coast of France
around this time of year - West of Nice (I can't remember the name of the
site) and near Monaco. Can anyone confirm the flying conditions in February
/ March..? Anyone know of any cheap places to stay, as near as possible to
the sites..?

Greece is an interesting alternative, as I have an ex-girlfriend there. The
problem of accomodation I can pass to her, I think, if I was to choose this
option, but how about the flying..? I have this disadvantage that I still
don't drive, so are there any sites reasonably close to Athens..? Are the
conditions ok in February..? It would be a good chance to get some tandem
hours in.

My ex is busy March, so it might be worth doing Athens in mid February, and
then France for the 3rd weekend in March. If I was lucky, St Andre might be
pumping in March..? Any comments..?

Many TIA for any answers,

Stroller.