Gerald Williams ??

Plagiarist

Jun 28, 2001, 2:28:27 PM6/28/01
Does anyone know if Gerald Williams, Paragliding "pioneer", is still flying
in the UK ?

sniffer

Jun 28, 2001, 4:37:17 PM6/28/01

"Plagiarist" <736no...@revenue.com> wrote in message

> Does anyone know if Gerald Williams, Paragliding "pioneer", is still
flying
> in the UK ?

Yes

Teepee

Jun 28, 2001, 5:24:45 PM6/28/01
Thankyou for your helpful response.

If you really do know him, please tell him that I have found some photos of
the first day he ever tried to get a parafoil off the ground on Ox Pasture,
some time in the late '70s I think..

"sniffer" <nos...@any.com> wrote in message

sniffer

Jun 28, 2001, 7:38:20 PM6/28/01
Hello "Plagiarist",
I see you have an AOL dialup account. Now surely you didn't think I would
be stupid to think you were really called "Teepee" did you. I just hate it
when someone sets out to try and make a fool of me. I'm the kind of guy who
usually helps anyone, but some people just have to go and spoil things for
themselves and they do I always remove any help that I would have otherwise
been willing to give. What goes round comes round.

Gerald Williams... Now let me think??? (god I have got a bad memory). I
wonder if that is the small slim guy now aged 65, who started flying
hangliders, then experimented with parafoils and eventually paragliders, and
has been training student pilots for lots of years, and been training and
examining other training instructors, and still is running up the hills at
65 years old, and carries all his gear in his little white van.

Sorry I can't help you, it's so unlikely that I would know the same Gerald
Williams. I think I must have be thinking of someone else.

"Teepee" <trpardo...@cs.com> wrote in message

Plagiarist

Jun 29, 2001, 12:58:38 PM6/29/01
You know sniffer you really are a 5 star plonker.

I don't have an AOL dial-up account no matter what you may read into the
source code of my emails. My name, as I have said before, is Terrence
Pardoe.

The only one making a fool of themselves around here lately is non-existent
yourself.

If you don't intend to be helpful then why did you bother to respond to my
genuine enquiry ? It must be because you really are a plonker and a waste of
Newsgroup bandwidth.

I'll pass my photos on to Gerald through someone who really exists.

Plagiarist

Jun 29, 2001, 3:29:38 PM6/29/01
:-)

Thank God for an injction of humour, or is it humor ?

> From: "Mark Jones" <helios...@att.net>
> Newsgroups: rec.aviation.hang-gliding

> Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 17:41:22 GMT
> Subject: Re: Current Standings (was Gerald Williams)
>
> Plagiarist = 8
> Plonker = 7
>
> 2nd Down and 4...

Mark Jones

Jun 29, 2001, 2:46:24 PM6/29/01
Of course it was humor! ; )

"Plagiarist" <736no...@revenue.com> wrote in message

sniffer

Jun 29, 2001, 5:33:28 PM6/29/01
So do you deny that "Teepee" <trpardo...@cs.com> is not you email
address. To me it looks like the *trpardoe* part of it stands for your name
as you said your is *Terrence Pardoe*

AOL or comuserve who cares.
And your right, I don't intent helping you.

"Plagiarist" <736no...@revenue.com> wrote in message

JAMES WATSON

Jun 30, 2001, 2:15:32 AM6/30/01

> So do you deny that "Teepee" <trpardo...@cs.com> is not you email
> address. To me it looks like the *trpardoe* part of it stands for your
name
> as you said your is *Terrence Pardoe*
>
> AOL or comuserve who cares.
> And your right, I don't intent helping you.

at least you could pass on the message to gerald williams next time you see
him sniffer.
the bloke might like to have a copy of these early photo`s, and you`l be
helping him not mr pardoe and you can still feel that you have not helped
him,
do it for the old timer, as a pioneer he deserves it.
jim watson(real name)

Kåre Olai Lindbach

Jun 30, 2001, 4:55:37 AM6/30/01

jbaxby1

Jul 10, 2001, 3:44:52 PM7/10/01
Yeah - he is teaching me !!!

(with Peak Paragliding School)

sniffer wrote:

--

#==========================================================#
http://www.geocities.com/jbaxby

jbaxby1

Jul 10, 2001, 3:46:16 PM7/10/01
It's a green van.

jbaxby1

Jul 10, 2001, 3:51:25 PM7/10/01
http://www.peakparagliding.co.uk/

jbaxby1 wrote:

--
#==========================================================#
"If God would have inteded us to stay on the ground,
http://www.geocities.com/jbaxby
#==========================================================#
"The complexity of life is not to understand it, it is to
accept it & deal with it on a day to day basis." - Tyla.

Ian Evans

Mar 17, 2022, 11:19:14 AM3/17/22
On Thursday, 28 June 2001 at 19:28:27 UTC+1, Plagiarist wrote:
> Does anyone know if Gerald Williams, Paragliding "pioneer", is still flying
> in the UK ?
I believe he volunteered with the Derbyshire Wildlife Trust for many years from the 1990s until recently. He was well into his eighties and died on Monday 1 March this year

Ian Evans