Hikers call 911 after capturing video of paraglider falling toward ground

Pog

Mar 24, 2019, 7:40:11 PM3/24/19
JEFFERSON COUNTY, Colo. – A paraglider fell from the sky near
Golden Wednesday afternoon. The 45-year-old paragliding pilot
survived the crash but was injured.

Kent Kovack, who witnessed the terrifying moments, talked with
FOX31 Wednesday evening. Kovack, his wife and daughter were
hiking the Hogback when they saw the man fall near Green
Mountain off C-470 and West Alameda Parkway.

“My daughter heard him yelling, like, ‘Woo hoo,’” Kovack said.

Initially, Kovack said he thought the fall was an impressive
midair maneuver. He started capturing video with his smartphone
until the paraglider got closer to the ground.

“Once I realized that he was not yelling for joy — he was
screaming for his life — I immediately quit videotaping and
called 911,” Kovack said.

West Metro Fire Rescue put out an alert on Twitter around 4 p.m.
The fire department said the man’s parachute collapsed amid
"erratic winds," dropping him some 200 feet.

“Once you see the video, you realize he’s a very lucky man,”
Kovack said. “God was on his side today.”

https://www.foxnews.com/us/hikers-call-911-after-capturing-video-
of-paraglider-falling-toward-ground

D-FENS

Mar 25, 2019, 1:07:30 AM3/25/19
On 3/24/19 5:24 PM, Pog wrote:
> https://www.foxnews.com/us/hikers-call-911-after-capturing-video-
> of-paraglider-falling-toward-ground

Thanks for posting. I wonder what the man's injuries were. Compressed
vertebrae? Broken back? I'd just read recently that all of those dare
devil guys that wore those flying outfits that were all the rage
recently are dead.

--
http://globalgulag.us/

“After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from
the people who didn’t do it. I sure as hell wouldn’t want to live in a
society where the only people allowed guns are the police and the
military.” William S. Burroughs