Caught In The Big Lie Again

Atmospheric Gaston

Apr 8, 2004, 9:43:48 PM4/8/04
From The Arizona Republic:
Check out the 3rd paragraph.

In Mexico City, auto racing is enjoying a revival.

After a 10-year hiatus, Championship Auto Racing Teams, or CART,
decided in 2002 to bring back grand prix racing to the Hermanos
Rodriguez Racetrack, located behind a huge wall in the southeastern
part of the city. The 3.1-mile track was built in the early 1960s
after the Mexican brothers Ricardo and Pedro Rodriguez enjoyed success
on the grand prix circuit.

The grand prix and Formula 1 left Mexico City in 1992 because of a
number of accidents caused by the then-bumpy track. Since then, the
track has been upgraded.

Despite the relatively high ticket price for events, about $9, the
last two CART races have attracted crowds of about 55,000 each, said
Jose Zepeda, public relations director of Ocesa Entertainment's motor
sports productions.

Negotiations have been ongoing to lure a NASCAR event to Mexico's
capital, possibly as early as next year.

Which isn't soon enough for taxi driver Alfaro Mendez, a
self-described race car fanatic.

Mendez drives one of the thousands of green Volkswagen Beetle taxis on
the city's streets. And Mendez is driving like he is nearing the
finish line on this particular day.

"I go to all the races," Mendez said, weaving high-speed through
traffic near the track. "Here in Mexico, soccer is Number 1. But many
people don't like baseball any more, and auto racing is as popular as
any other sport."

Now I know why juanita and floppy like chumpcar so much, they are
compulsive liars just like chumpcar's management.

Bring out your dead! But I'm not dead yet! Cue sound of Tony's hammer.
Yes you are!
otiose witless rigged series
chumpcar weasel series proliferated by flimflammers

David Eckard

Apr 9, 2004, 12:38:42 AM4/9/04
On Fri, 9 Apr 2004 01:43:48 UTC, catwoo...@glinx.com (Atmospheric Gaston)
wrote:

> Despite the relatively high ticket price for events, about $9, the

Nine dollars High? They are holding an F1 race in china and tickets there cost
$45 or so. For the chinese, that is very high.

--
"I think more often than not, it's just a matter of opportunities available."
Bobby Rahal, Jan 16, 2004

Smokey

Apr 9, 2004, 6:57:12 AM4/9/04
NAFTA will change all of that <grin>