About LED indicators and tail-lights

Peter Lowrie

Dec 2, 2003, 8:46:44 AM12/2/03
Good Morning

Firstly, may I be excused for this blatant cross-post, however the
discussion that follows may be of interest to readers with regard to the
burgeoning use of Light Emitting Diodes in automotive applications that
spans the gamut of manufacturers...

The item I am going to detail has many other uses in addition to
tail-lights, courtesy lights, indicators et al, including but not limited
to traffic lights - see, this is on topic - IR illumination, industrial LED
signalling applications and many, many more.

Updates and further information may be obtained in other groups including
sci.engr.lighting.

Scenario: You want brake lights to double as tail-lights using the same LED
array, how do you do it?

http://www.geocities.com/ledaccelerator details a new invention that
provides a method to make otherwise dull LED's much brighter, allows LED's
to be used at two luminosity levels so making the ubiquitous LED a lot more
useful...And allows LED's to be overpowered without letting the smoke out
(blowing up).

The invention, or rights to it are for sale probably rendering this post as
an advertisement. In any case I will respond to responsible criticism.

Thank you for your indulgence.

Peter Lowrie
++64-4-9766712

Daniel Stern Lighting

Dec 2, 2003, 11:44:55 AM12/2/03
On Wed, 3 Dec 2003, Peter Lowrie wrote:

> Firstly, may I be excused for this blatant cross-post

No, you may not. You already tried hawking your snake oil device on
sci.engr.lighting, and were quickly shredded by the scientists and
engineers there for your utter lack of knowledge of how LEDs work and
refusal to discuss your allegedly new invention beyond saying "It works".
We didn't appreciate your grovelling for investment on that group, either,
given that your "invention" is old prior art and that's why you haven't
got any patent application pending on it.

> Updates and further information may be obtained in other groups including
> sci.engr.lighting.

People who view the threads you've started in sci.engr.lighting will
quickly see you for the charlatan you so obviously are. Threads are here:

http://tinyurl.com/xdmv
http://tinyurl.com/xdn4
http://tinyurl.com/xdnb
http://tinyurl.com/xdnp

> The invention, or rights to it are for sale

...and quite worthless. You're nothing but another Daniel Karpen.

> In any case I will respond to responsible criticism.

Here's a responsible criticism: Keep your damn spam off groups where
advertising is not permitted.

DS

Peter Lowrie

Dec 8, 2003, 10:36:51 PM12/8/03
Have a more comprehnsive reply but in meantime, your vote counts ;-)

http://www.led-myths.tk

Adam