Extended Free Shipping by Amazon

micky

Apr 4, 2021, 5:37:36 PM4/4/21
https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=GTJVA73QBN37CYVE

Basically, if you got free shipping becaue your order was over $25 (the
current minimum) you can get free shipping with no minimum for 24 hours.

That could be very good if you forgot something.

Maybe they can merge the second order with the first so the shipping
cost to them is no higher.

And more important to them, they get you to buy now and not sit around
thinking, What else do I need. Lots of places give incentives for
people to buy now, like easy returns.

IME, a policy like this might not be permanent.

OTOH, the shopping Cart currently says
"Add $0.29 of eligible items to your order to qualify for FREE Shipping.
Or check out now to see if your order qualifies for FREE pickup at an
Amazon pickup location near you. See details"

So I started on what turned out to be a wild-goose chase: I went to the
details and it said not a word about free pickup at Amazon locations**.
And not a word about someone who has $24 and change in his cart. Maybe I
can add a pack of gum.

Not to give up, I googled and found https://www.amazon.com/ulp but
Amazon Hub Locker+ said not a word about under $25.

so I looked for without the plus and I found
https://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&node=6442600011 which is what I was
looking for in the first place (I didn't know about plus.) And it says
"There is no additional cost to use an Amazon Hub Locker. FREE Two-Day
Shipping is available with Amazon Prime. Standard shipping rates apply
for all other orders. " so it too says nothing about under $25. I'm
glad I have that settled.

**I used a supermarket once when I was buying a phone. I've never had
anything stolen but $300 is too much just sit on my stoop.