VW Golf 98-99 Improve Preformance-milage

Bob

Mar 10, 2005, 9:23:03 AM3/10/05
My VW Golf 98-99 2.0 does reasonably well on mileage. But I want to
know if there is any "things" above the normal tune up, airfilter
replacement, that I can do to IMPROVE it more? I'm in Minnesota, and
the weather is still cold. Mileage goes down then. Can one achieve
improvements by advancing the timing a degree or two? Is there any Air
hose one can block up, to keep something open or closed? Is there an
electronic chip that can be reprogrammed, or replaced?
Don't be shy, but don't tell me it can't be done either. Any vehicle
can be inproved. And I don't want to take it to my Volkswagon dealer!
Thanks for your input, I appreciate it.
Bob_VW_Golf_98