2002 KeyFob Remote - How to change battery?

Dave Cobb

Sep 9, 2004, 6:48:17 PM9/9/04
Can anyone provide instructions on how to change the batter in the
remote key-fob for a 2002 Jetta? Where can I get a new batter from?

Will the dealer do this for me under warranty??

Thanks, Dave

Pop

Sep 9, 2004, 8:03:05 PM9/9/04
If you have the same fob I have from my 02 Cabrio there is a small slot at along
the edge. Put a dime or screwdriver in there and twist it will come apart. As to
the battery I bought mine at Target Im sure any department store will have them in
the camera dept.

Good Luck.

--

Eric