VW Golf MK2 1990 1.6 CL 4+E

Ashley

Sep 8, 2004, 11:21:37 AM9/8/04
I have just bought a VW Golf MK2 1.6 CL 4+E 1990 G reg. The car is
really good for its age but the blower does not seam to be working. I
went to the scrap yard and got one from another golf MK2 (the whole
switch and wire housing) and it all looked the same and worked, but
when I got it home and fitted it, it did not work. This leads me to
think that the fault lies elsewhere. I have checked the fuse and this
is fine so I am at a loss as where to look next. I was told that the
heater blower motor is in the boot on the passenger side! Is this true
and could this be my next port of call to try and fix the blower.

Any help greatly received.

Ashley