Jetta Oil Change

ziggie

Sep 9, 2004, 12:15:22 AM9/9/04
I'm thinking of buying a Jetta, but I've heard trying to change oil on
them is nearly impossible. Is this true?

DriversWantedTech

Sep 9, 2004, 12:26:13 AM9/9/04
It's just as easy to change oil in a Jetta as it is in any other car - you
just need to take a small plastic panel off first. A T25 torx driver, a
19mm wrench, and from there it depends on your engine. TDI oil filters are
accessed from the top (take the engine cover off - 10mm socket). VR6s
require a 6mm allen socket and a 36mm socket... aside from the VR6, they all
use a standard oil filter strap/socket.

"ziggie" <tmp...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

P. Van Hout

Sep 15, 2004, 8:45:36 PM9/15/04
All The Jettas I've changed oil on were really easy.