Headlights

Mark Carson

Sep 6, 2020, 10:42:47 AM9/6/20
I have a 2014 Jetta with headlights that act up like they are possessed. Once
in a while everything is fine -- all lights okay, high beam, low beam, no
warning lights, all that. (In the following, LB/HB is low beam, high beam.)
• The dashboard indicator for HB is always on, even when the steering
column lever is on LB and lights are really LB.
• The turn signal dashboard light blinks fast -- like there is a burnt-out
bulb -- but they actually flash fine.
• When the steering column lever is set to HB, all lights on the driver
side are dead; or, the HB bulb doesn't light at all and the LB bulb goes
faint.
• When I turn the lights off when the engine is running, they stay on
• Say I'm driving at night all everything is fine. I turn the car off; when
I start it up again seconds later, the lights are messed up

I ask your opinion because I don't want to $pend money when it could be
something simple like a circuit board that needs to have its contacts
cleaned.

Mark Carson

Sep 6, 2020, 11:18:01 AM9/6/20
Ignore this one; I reposted using a much better subject line.

On Sep 6, 2020, Mark Carson wrote
(in article<0001HW.25052CE600...@SSL.UseNetStorm.com>):