CAN bus shorted? how serious?

Tomas Harden

Dec 18, 2021, 6:40:07 AM12/18/21
A friend has an old Astra wagon, and the central locking stopped
working. I just got a cheap Chinesium scantool that happens to cover
this model, so got a code readout, and it returned U0009
For Opel cars, this means:

High Speed CAN Communication Bus (-) shorted to Bus (+)

If that is so, shouldn't it cause a lot more problems?
Nothing else seems to be wrong with the old clunker.
So I guess it only affects communication between 2 modules either side
of the shorted cable.