Why is my heater fan on when the engine is not running?

micky

Mar 5, 2022, 6:58:45 PM3/5/22
This new or nearly new Citroen doesn't seem to have a marked Accessory
position for the key. What I've been doing to save gas is turning the
engine off and turning the key back on but stopping before it cranks
the engine. Is that the right way?

It still lights up the entire spedometer cluster hat way, including
engine temp, gas level, wearing seatbelt icon, speedo, and tach. That
seems to imply that I'm NOT in the designated accessory position ??????
But I can continue to play the radio, which is what the goal is.

In addition, the heater fan runs when it's in that position. Is t his
a mistake in wiring it, or is there some true Accesorry position for the
key that I have not found yet. I looked for the word acccsso in the
400 page owners manual, but I don't think any of the hits were on topic.

Rod Speed

Mar 5, 2022, 7:26:55 PM3/5/22
micky <NONONO...@fmguy.com> wrote

> This new or nearly new Citroen doesn't seem to have a marked Accessory
> position for the key. What I've been doing to save gas is turning the
> engine off and turning the key back on but stopping before it cranks
> the engine. Is that the right way?

> It still lights up the entire spedometer cluster hat way, including
> engine temp, gas level, wearing seatbelt icon, speedo, and tach. That
> seems to imply that I'm NOT in the designated accessory position ??????

Yep.

> But I can continue to play the radio, which is what the goal is.

> In addition, the heater fan runs when it's in that position. Is t his
> a mistake in wiring it, or is there some true Accesorry position for the
> key that I have not found yet. I looked for the word acccsso in the
> 400 page owners manual, but I don't think any of the hits were on topic.

It should be pretty obvious without searching. Or try searching for radio.

Unknown

Mar 5, 2022, 7:40:12 PM3/5/22
Check this page in manual. re the audio system

https://www.citroenc3.org/citroen_c3_first_steps-1655.html
Citroen C3. First steps
"With the ignition off, a press turns the system on"

(hope the image of a power on/off icon comes thru)

Rod Speed

Mar 5, 2022, 8:06:18 PM3/5/22
On Sun, 06 Mar 2022 10:58:41 +1100, micky <NONONO...@fmguy.com> wrote:

> This new or nearly new Citroen doesn't seem to have a marked Accessory
> position for the key. What I've been doing to save gas is turning the
> engine off and turning the key back on but stopping before it cranks
> the engine. Is that the right way?

No. From the manual
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8znwzqfbuhomh3y/IMG_2987.PNG?dl=0

Citroen C3: CITROËN Connect Radio / First steps
Citroen C3 2016-2022 Owners Manual / CITROËN Connect Radio / First steps

<there is an icon with a circle with a vertical bar on it in the manual
here>

Citroen C3. First steps With the engine running, a press mutes the sound.

With the ignition off, a press turns the system on. Increase or decrease
the volume using the wheel or the "plus" or "minus" buttons (depending on
the equipment).

Ed Pawlowski

Mar 5, 2022, 8:21:28 PM3/5/22
Some cars will have the radiator fan run when the engine is hot when
shut down. Understandable, but never had the cabin heater fan run.
Could be the same idea though.

Peeler

Mar 6, 2022, 3:31:38 AM3/6/22
On Sun, 06 Mar 2022 11:26:45 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Tim+ about trolling Rodent Speed:
He is by far the most persistent troll who seems to be able to get under the
skin of folk who really should know better. Since when did arguing with a
troll ever achieve anything (beyond giving the troll pleasure)?
MID: <1421057667.659518815.743...@news.individual.net>

Peeler

Mar 6, 2022, 3:32:19 AM3/6/22
On Sun, 06 Mar 2022 12:06:09 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Retirednoguilt addressing trolling senile Rodent Speed:
"Why don't you take your own advice and ultra isolate yourself from this
group? Obviously you have nothing but contempt and disregard for
everyone else's comments and opinions. You shouldn't waste another
second of your precious time trying to educate us. Just ultra isolate,
avoid this group as if it might infect you, and find another Usenet group.
MID: <spff82$i0d$1...@dont-email.me>

YK

Mar 17, 2022, 10:01:48 AM3/17/22
On 3/5/2022 11:58 PM, micky wrote:
> It still lights up the entire spedometer cluster hat way,

I think 'Micky' uses a random generator to bring up all these questions.
He doesn't even want an answer. He just wants to roil up the newsgroups.

This isn't the only newsgroup he does this random question generation on.
I think he does it for fun but we'd have to ask him why he does it.

Wade Garrett

Mar 17, 2022, 11:13:35 AM3/17/22
Forrest Gump offered one possibility: "Stupid is as stupid does."

--
I squint at the sun because it's bright- and at some people because they
are not

micky

Mar 18, 2022, 6:24:06 AM3/18/22
In rec.autos.tech, on Sun, 06 Mar 2022 12:06:09 +1100, "Rod Speed"
<rod.sp...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Sun, 06 Mar 2022 10:58:41 +1100, micky <NONONO...@fmguy.com> wrote:
>
>> This new or nearly new Citroen doesn't seem to have a marked Accessory
>> position for the key. What I've been doing to save gas is turning the
>> engine off and turning the key back on but stopping before it cranks
>> the engine. Is that the right way?
>
>No. From the manual
>https://www.dropbox.com/s/8znwzqfbuhomh3y/IMG_2987.PNG?dl=0
>
>Citroen C3: CITROËN Connect Radio / First steps
>Citroen C3 2016-2022 Owners Manual / CITROËN Connect Radio / First steps
>
><there is an icon with a circle with a vertical bar on it in the manual
>here>
>
>Citroen C3. First steps With the engine running, a press mutes the sound.
>
>With the ignition off, a press turns the system on. Increase or decrease
>the volume using the wheel or the "plus" or "minus" buttons (depending on
>the equipment).

Thanks, and thanks all.

(A rainy morning, catching up on internet stuff.)

Michael Trew

Mar 19, 2022, 10:28:39 PM3/19/22
On 3/17/2022 11:13, Wade Garrett wrote:
> On 3/17/22 10:01 AM, YK wrote:
>> On 3/5/2022 11:58 PM, micky wrote:
>>> It still lights up the entire spedometer cluster hat way,
>>
>> I think 'Micky' uses a random generator to bring up all these questions.
>> He doesn't even want an answer. He just wants to roil up the newsgroups.
>>
>> This isn't the only newsgroup he does this random question generation on.
>> I think he does it for fun but we'd have to ask him why he does it.
>
> Forrest Gump offered one possibility: "Stupid is as stupid does."

Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get.

Scott Dorsey

Mar 20, 2022, 7:01:59 AM3/20/22
In article <t163gh$urn$1...@dont-email.me>,
This is pretty true. But I can still be reasonably sure that when I see a
crosspost into rec.autos.tech that it's going to be some ludicrous mess.
--scott