long lasting paint color

Ken Hart

Dec 6, 2021, 1:39:53 PM12/6/21
In general, what paint color lasts longest outside when a vehicle is parked
outside for decades (while in use but with no garage)?

Is there a specific paint color to choose when buying that works best?
--
Ken Hart
kwh...@frontier.com

Paul in Houston TX

Dec 6, 2021, 5:22:18 PM12/6/21
Ken Hart wrote:
> In general, what paint color lasts longest outside when a vehicle is parked
> outside for decades (while in use but with no garage)?
>
> Is there a specific paint color to choose when buying that works best?

White.
https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-longest-lasting-car-paint-color

Michael Trew

Dec 7, 2021, 1:47:30 AM12/7/21
Unless parked in a damp area... tends to get mildewy/mossy and
green-ish. If let go for a long time, especially on older finishes, it
can be very difficult if possible to get it back to normal.

I suspect that white is the longest lasting due to rejecting the most UV
rays. The darker the color, the more UV is absorbed. I have a 2005
Hyundai Elantra wagon in black, that lived in Arizona until 2016. Not a
speck of rust underneath, but the paint was totally baked.