dashboard lamps B8.5D versus BX8.5D ?

Tony Eaks

Apr 9, 2022, 1:04:55 AM4/9/22
I refer to the twist-in types where you reach behind the instrument and
twist the thing in and out (if you have small hands and gymnast body).
I believed B8.5D was most common type, with a T5 wedge bulb in it.
Nowadays it probably has a LED that is not removable.
Anyway, I see some catalogues also list "BX8.5D" bulbs that are similar.
What is the difference.

Paul in Houston TX

Apr 9, 2022, 12:06:12 PM4/9/22
You got me curious about this so I downloaded the OSRAM data sheets.
https://www.osram.com/ecat/ORIGINAL%20-%20PLASTIC%20MF%20BASE-Signal%20lamps-Car%20lighting-Automotive/com/en/GPS01_1057059/

B8.5d, jet black, 1.17g, thickness of PCB 1.6mm.
BX8.5d, light blue, 1.16g, thickness of PCB 1.25mm.
All else is the same.

Tony Eaks

Apr 9, 2022, 11:49:56 PM4/9/22
Paul in Houston TX wrote:
> You got me curious about this so I downloaded the OSRAM data sheets.
> https://www.osram.com/ecat/ORIGINAL%20-%20PLASTIC%20MF%20BASE-Signal%20lamps-Car%20lighting-Automotive/com/en/GPS01_1057059/
>

> B8.5d, jet black, 1.17g,  thickness of PCB 1.6mm.
> BX8.5d, light blue, 1.16g, thickness of PCB 1.25mm.
> All else is the same.

thanks. OSRAM seem to be the only ones that give such details.