Burglar stuck in chimney dies after homeowner lights fire

1 view

Skully

May 6, 2021, 9:03:16 PM5/6/21
A burglar stuck in a chimney died Saturday after the homeowner
lit a fire in the fireplace, California authorities said.

The burglar climbed in the chimney Friday night to rob the home
in the small city of Huron but became stuck, Fox 40 reports. The
man was discovered just before 3 p.m. Saturday when the
homeowner came home and lit the fireplace.

The homeowner heard the burglar scream from inside the chimney
and worked to put the fire out, causing the house to fill up
with smoke, the station reported.

The Fresno County Sheriff's Office said firefighters responded
to the home and dismantled the chimney to rescue the burglar.
But when they pulled him out, he was dead.

The coroner’s offices removed the body from the scene and will
conduct an autopsy to determine his identity and the exact cause
of death, a sheriff's deputy said.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/11/29/burglar-stuck-in-chimney-
dies-after-homeowner-lights-
fire/?cmpid=edpick&google_editors_picks=true

Comments:

NoBS46 1 minute ago
Of course there will be a new Federal regulation now requiring
that all chimneys have Safety Warnings posted against climbing
into them. Warnings must be installed retroactively and on new
chimneys costing homeowners $20 billion a year. Except in
California where all chimneys will be banned.

FlagShare3LikeReply
drsher
drsher 2 minutes ago
What is not entirely clear in history is why they had to
dismantle the chimney? Bodies will eventually shrink enough so
he probably would had achieved the goal of getting down.

Instead we have to waste resources on chimney repairs, fire dept
activation and an AUTOPSY?

Like the next president tends to say: How stupid ARE we?

FlagShareLikeReply
jcdmo
jcdmo 3 minutes ago
Justice at last.

FlagShare1LikeReply
donaldb
donaldb 3 minutes ago
Let me help the coroner, exact cause of death: Utter stupidity.

FlagShare2LikeReply
BubsJohnson
BubsJohnson 6 minutes ago
I would go to sleep with a smile on my face every night if I was
that home owner.

FlagShare1LikeReply
Quarky777
Quarky777 8 minutes ago
Smoked hamburgler

FlagShare2LikeReply
jerry1942
jerry1942 9 minutes ago
Occasionally, justice is served.

FlagShare2LikeReply
stevio
stevio 8 minutes ago
@jerry1942 Medium rare, please...

FlagShare3LikeReply
FrankieTheMeister
FrankieTheMeister 9 minutes ago
Darwin Award winner

FlagShareLikeReply
sebastianmaurice
sebastianmaurice 10 minutes ago
He sure wasn't a successful Santa.

FlagShareLikeReply
NoCommentAtAll
NoCommentAtAll 12 minutes ago
Because cooking democrats make them taste better?

FlagShare2LikeReply
Jerry Ray Johnson
Jerry Ray Johnson 4 minutes ago
@NoCommentAtAll Nothing can make a Democrat smell better

FlagShare2LikeReply
bika1
bika1 13 minutes ago
If Obama has a son.

FlagShare2LikeReply

--
Huron population, "Hispanic or Latino of any race were 6,527
persons (96.6%)."