Kyle Busch wins final NASCAR Cup race on two-mile oval at Auto Club Speedway

a425couple

Feb 26, 2023, 10:26:40 PM2/26/23
Shoot!

Kyle Busch wins final NASCAR Cup race on two-mile oval at Auto Club Speedway

read it at
https://www.latimes.com/sports/story/2023-02-26/nascar-fontana-kyle-busch-wins-final-race-oval-recap

Chris K-Man (Zickcermacity)

Mar 1, 2023, 12:05:06 PM3/1/23
I read they are chopping the track up into a half mile
and a road course?

Michael Falkner

Mar 1, 2023, 1:22:25 PM3/1/23
On Wednesday, March 1, 2023 at 9:05:06 AM UTC-8, Chris K-Man (Zickcermacity) wrote:

> I read they are chopping the track up into a half mile and a road course?

They're also selling part of the land.

Mike

a425couple

Mar 1, 2023, 2:18:52 PM3/1/23
https://commercialobserver.com/2023/02/calif-auto-club-speedway-hillwood-544m-logistics/

Hillwood Buys Calif. Auto Club Speedway for $544M
Property set for an industrial project with 6.6 million square feet of
logistics space

Chris K-Man (Zickcermacity)

Mar 1, 2023, 3:59:56 PM3/1/23
___________

Someone had some deep pockets to be able to buy the land out from under a
long-standing NASCAR venue.

Michael Falkner

Mar 1, 2023, 6:19:16 PM3/1/23
On Wednesday, March 1, 2023 at 12:59:56 PM UTC-8, Chris K-Man (Zickcermacity) wrote:

> Someone had some deep pockets to be able to buy the land out from under a
> long-standing NASCAR venue.

Or NASCAR is cutting back.

Mike

Chris K-Man (Zickcermacity)

Mar 1, 2023, 7:31:19 PM3/1/23
____

They did that to themselves: The same drivers winning over and over, back to back championships. It got so predictable who was going to win. The seats began to empty, TV viewership declined. Nascar had to literally reinvent the wheel ("Roval" road courses, Playoffs, Stages within each race, etc).

Chris K-Man (Zickcermacity)

Mar 6, 2023, 7:51:56 AM3/6/23
On Wednesday, March 1, 2023 at 6:19:16 PM UTC-5, Michael Falkner wrote:

My case proven yesterday at Las Vegas - the predictability of Hendricks teams
winning and/or finishing high.

Why even tune in?