The final nail in NSCAR's; coffin

tin man

Jul 26, 2021, 6:11:12 PMJul 26
NASCAR’s TV deal with Fox and NBC runs through 2024. Jon Miller was asked about the possibility that when the new NASCAR deal is negotiated some of the races might be on the Peacock subscription service. Miller pointed out that the $4.99 a month fee for the service delivers much more than just a couple of races.

“They are not paying to see a couple races,” he said. “They are buying a subscription to Peacock which gives you not just the racing but also gives you an enormous amount of other programming. I believe at last count, Peacock has over 18,000 hours of programming, other entertainment, sports and news, so that you pay 4.99 a month for Peacock, and you get all of that, all of that product.”

Thus, the possibility that NASCAR fans might have to subscribe to the service to watch a few NASCAR races after 2024 is very real.

“That may be down the road,” Miller said. “We haven’t gotten into that yet because our deal is not up for several more years with them. I would assume and have every reason to think that they will want be part of the NBC Sports family that are all existing on Peacock.”

See more at Forbes.

Michael Falkner

Jul 28, 2021, 3:44:29 PMJul 28
I think the only way NASCAR survives the next three or so years is if the country re-lurches to the Right.

Mike

max headroom

Jul 29, 2021, 4:14:11 PMJul 29
In news:3a9fb6ad-57de-4c05...@googlegroups.com, Michael Falkner
<darkst...@gmail.com> typed:

> I think the only way NASCAR survives the next three or so years is if the country re-lurches to
> the Right.

> Mike

It wouldn't hurt if Chrysler returned to NASCAR.