TMS will use PSLs and Season Tickets (was Re: TMS..)

edward tadlock

Jul 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/18/96

Todays Dallas Boring Snooze sports page quotes the President of TMS
saying the 30,000 or so best seats will in 99% probability be PSLs
(permanent seat licenses) and the rest of the tickets will likely be
"season tickets only". So, to see one WC race we have to buy tickets
to ALL TMS events. Well, that leaves me out, cuz I don't do the pointy
car races or IMSA/Trans-Am. I guess I could always re-sell them..But
seriously, this track here in TX is turning into a place where only
the wealthy can go see a race. Thats disgusting, seems NASCAR is
forgetting its roots in the drive for the most $$$..

ed

Go #6, #94!
These are my opinions..not those of TI

Kent Dyer

Jul 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/21/96

On Thursday, July 18, 1996, edward tadlock wrote...

> Todays Dallas Boring Snooze sports page quotes the President of TMS
> saying the 30,000 or so best seats will in 99% probability be PSLs
> (permanent seat licenses) and the rest of the tickets will likely be
> "season tickets only". So, to see one WC race we have to buy tickets
> to ALL TMS events. Well, that leaves me out, cuz I don't do the pointy

This REALLY bites. I live in Corpus Christi, a full day's drive from TMS,
and I had already begun to dream about my first WC event. Well, Mr
Smith, if you read this (If you know how to read...), you are not doing
the **FANS** any kind of service by building a track, then eliminating
the people who *REALLY* support the sport from ever being able to
afford to attend. I suppose I'll have to just keep watching it on TV and
griping about those stupid singing grills :)

Kent Dyer
_____________________________________
Terry Labonte for President in '96

Cheryl Woods

Jul 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/22/96

In <Duy8G...@cadre.com> bembenr%cadre.com (Rich Bemben - Bachman)
writes:

>edward tadlock (tad...@bosch.dseg.ti.com) wrote:
>So, to see one WC race we have to buy tickets
>: to ALL TMS events. Well, that leaves me out, cuz I don't do the
pointy : car races or IMSA/Trans-Am. I guess I could always re-sell

them..But: seriously, this track here in TX is turning into a place
where only: the wealthy can go see a race. Thats disgusting, seems
NASCAR is : forgetting its roots in the drive for the most $$$..

Obviously the roots are forgotten when we trash a historical place like
NW in lieu of the "cookie cutter" of Texas. There's no reason why
someone with the big bucks of Bruton couldn't have remodeled NW and
increased the seating capacity dramatically. However, the "personal
license" thing would never have gone over at NW, so that's another
reason to drop NW. I can't help but agree with you that the Texas
track will just be a showplace that no average race fans will be able
to afford and the stands/suites will just be filled with the Brie and
Chabils crowd! But as long as the seats are filled (as Rich says
below), the owners and NASCAR don't give a hoot!

Cheryl

>I wouldn't be so quick to blame NASCAR - keep in mind that TMS is the
brain
>child (oxymoron?) of one Bruton Smith....race track owner
extraordinaire',
>otherwise know as "land shark". All NASCAR cares is that the seats
are full
>and if Bruton can bludgeon the people in Texas into buying the seats
this way
>what the hell does he care?
>
>Rich
>
>--
>Rich Bemben bem...@cadreri.com
>DoD #0044 (401) 351-5950 x 159
(R.I.)
>(This space for rent) (617) 273-9003 x ??? (Ma.)
>The street giveth and the street taketh away - Catmother

Rich Bemben - Bachman

Kathy Ward

Jul 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/22/96

Kent Dyer <kd...@trip.net> wrote:
>On Thursday, July 18, 1996, edward tadlock wrote...
>> Todays Dallas Boring Snooze sports page quotes the President of TMS
>> saying the 30,000 or so best seats will in 99% probability be PSLs
>> (permanent seat licenses) and the rest of the tickets will likely be
>> "season tickets only". So, to see one WC race we have to buy tickets
>> to ALL TMS events. Well, that leaves me out, cuz I don't do the pointy
>
>This REALLY bites. I live in Corpus Christi, a full day's drive from TMS,
>and I had already begun to dream about my first WC event. Well, Mr
>Smith, if you read this (If you know how to read...), you are not doing
>the **FANS** any kind of service by building a track, then eliminating
>the people who *REALLY* support the sport from ever being able to
>afford to attend. I suppose I'll have to just keep watching it on TV and
>griping about those stupid singing grills :)
>
>Kent Dyer

Anxiously awaiting the "Breland perspective" on this one!

--
KW
STEVE HATLEY RACING "If you want to win it,

#11 #11 #11 #11 #11 #11 #11 #11 #11 #11 #11 #11 #11 #11

Mark A. Breland

Jul 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/22/96

In article <4t05te$g...@dfw-ixnews3.ix.netcom.com>, woo...@ix.netcom.com(Cheryl Woods) writes:

>Obviously the roots are forgotten when we trash a historical place like
>NW in lieu of the "cookie cutter" of Texas. There's no reason why
>someone with the big bucks of Bruton couldn't have remodeled NW and
>increased the seating capacity dramatically. However, the "personal
>license" thing would never have gone over at NW, so that's another
>reason to drop NW. I can't help but agree with you that the Texas
>track will just be a showplace that no average race fans will be able
>to afford and the stands/suites will just be filled with the Brie and
>Chabils crowd! But as long as the seats are filled (as Rich says
>below), the owners and NASCAR don't give a hoot!

Being not blessed with 7-8 tracks within a 300 mile radius, I will be
most appreciatively parking my posterior in a TMS seat...and I take
considerable exception to the "Brie and Chabils" (sic) comment. The new
track and the schedule changes are a done deal. Get over it...

--
Mark A. Breland "Unless you want to finish last,
Racing, ranching, whatever... you got to kick a little!..."

Kathy Ward

Jul 23, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/23/96

ma...@breland.com (Mark A. Breland) wrote:

>Being not blessed with 7-8 tracks within a 300 mile radius, I will be
>most appreciatively parking my posterior in a TMS seat...and I take
>considerable exception to the "Brie and Chabils" (sic) comment. The new
>track and the schedule changes are a done deal. Get over it...

Yep. I prefer cheddar and Red Dog. How 'bout you, Mark?

Sparks

Jul 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/26/96

YEP!

Rich Bemben - Bachman <bembenr%cadre.com> wrote in article
<Duy8G...@cadre.com>...