Re: Sad news :(

a425couple

Aug 1, 2021, 11:21:42 PMAug 1
On 8/1/2021 2:45 AM, Geoff May wrote:
> https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-58043285
>
> Cheers
>
> Geoff

Yes, very sad.

For the last couple of kind of 'messed up' seasons
I've been volunteering & working on the turns about
as much as racing /driving.
We really need to get more turn workers.
We have done a lot to recruit, train, reward
(on up to larger cash payments) but not as
successfully as we wish.

An additional problem is the 'race car' interested
'addicts' are getting older. And we are not getting in
as many new as we wish. They claim, and at a glance
it looks likely, that the average age is over 65.

Please, more, volunteer!
There is an eager set of new friends awaiting you!

Alan Baker

Aug 2, 2021, 2:05:55 PMAug 2
Yup!

If you can't get into a race car yourself, the closest you'll get to the
on-track action is from a marshaling post.

:-)

Chris K-Man

Aug 3, 2021, 12:46:50 PMAug 3
_______