Is rec.autos.sport.f1.moderated dead?

dmunz

Jan 24, 2024, 8:22:23 PMJan 24
I’m cleaning up my eternal september feed in prep for the googlegroups
shutoff and I still have this one listed. Nothing there so I suspect it is
dead.

Does anyone know who the last mods were and when it closed down?

Jus curious.

TIA
DLM

--
...hovering like a fly waiting for the windshield on the freeway...”

Mark Jackson

Jan 24, 2024, 8:52:10 PMJan 24
On 1/24/2024 8:22 PM, dmunz wrote:
> I’m cleaning up my eternal september feed in prep for the
> googlegroups shutoff and I still have this one listed. Nothing there
> so I suspect it is dead.
>
> Does anyone know who the last mods were and when it closed down?

I was one, don't really remember the others. Rasf1m had been all but
dead for several years by 2015, when the moderation bot we had been
depending on died; it didn't seem worth the trouble to find another.

--
Mark Jackson - https://mark-jackson.online/
Dress for the job you want, not the job you have,

Mark Jackson

Jan 24, 2024, 9:39:07 PMJan 24
On 1/24/2024 8:52 PM, Mark Jackson wrote:
> On 1/24/2024 8:22 PM, dmunz wrote:

>> Does anyone know who the last mods were

Turns out rasf1m.net still exists:

https://rasf1m.net/moderators.html

Geoff May

Jan 25, 2024, 11:42:15 AMJan 25
On 25/01/2024 02:39, Mark Jackson wrote:
> On 1/24/2024 8:52 PM, Mark Jackson wrote:
>> On 1/24/2024 8:22 PM, dmunz wrote:
>
>>> Does anyone know who the last mods were
>
> Turns out rasf1m.net still exists:
>
> https://rasf1m.net/moderators.html

I used to moderate too but that was up to around 2005.

Cheers

Geoff