What does Forza mean?

Brian Short

Jun 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/7/98

I'm new to F1, and missed the Canadian GP (I watched the CART race
instead), but heard it was really exciting (for once) I'm seeing a lot
of people say Forza, usually in relation to them wanting to see
Schumacher win the Championship... What does it mean?

Brian Short
bds...@hotmail.com

Doug Gordon

Jun 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/8/98

It simply means "power" or "force". In Italy a popular expression is "Forza
Ferrari" which translates something like "Ferrari power".

--
Doug Gordon
(Remove "nospam." from e-mail address)

anonymous

Jun 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/8/98

As an Italian, I think the best translations should be "Go for it,
Ferrari !" or "Come on, Ferrari" with my preference being towards the
former.

Regards.

Marco

marc...@hdc.it

Doug Gordon wrote:

> It simply means "power" or "force". In Italy a popular expression is >"Forza Ferrari" which translates something like "Ferrari power".

Mario Treglia

Jun 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/9/98

In article <
6lh6qc$c3d$1...@hpscit.sc.hp.com>,
"Doug Gordon" <dgo...@nospam.hp.com>

wrote:

> It simply means "power" or "force". In Italy a popular expression is "Forza
> Ferrari" which translates something like "Ferrari power".
>
> --
> Doug Gordon

Hi Doug,
Forza does mean Force but in this
contest it means "Go for it!"
As in the ol'song Go! Johnny Go! Go! in
Italian it would be Forza Giovanni!
**LOL**

hope this helps

peace

Mario Treglia
Tokyo/JAPAN

Richard Hasselt

Jun 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/9/98

You mean German kamikaze pilot in Italian car

Francesco Bevacqua

Jun 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/9/98

Forza means GO FERRARI power means potenza in Italian Frank

Doug Gordon wrote:

> It simply means "power" or "force". In Italy a popular expression is "Forza
> Ferrari" which translates something like "Ferrari power".
>
> --
> Doug Gordon

> (Remove "nospam." from e-mail address)
> Brian Short wrote in message <6lg1p8$l...@bgtnsc02.worldnet.att.net>...
> >I'm new to F1, and missed the Canadian GP (I watched the CART race

> >instead), but heard it was really exciting (for once) I'm seeing a lot

> >of people say Forza, usually in relation to them wanting to see
> >Schumacher win the Championship... What does it mean?
> >

> >Brian Short
> >bds...@hotmail.com

Benfica

Jun 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/10/98

Who gives a rats ass

michael....@gmail.com

Jul 21, 2017, 10:06:10 AM7/21/17
On Wednesday, June 10, 1998 at 1:00:00 AM UTC-6, Benfica wrote:
> Who gives a rats ass

I do :) Thanks to all those who were kind enough to share their knowledge of Italian language and culture. I hope that everyone reading this is having an excellent day :)

I certainly look forward to emulating the kindness and compassion of those in this thread who were kind enough to help.

Bruce Hoult

Jul 21, 2017, 10:53:52 AM7/21/17
Welcome. It was only 19 years ago...

Heron McKeister

Jul 21, 2017, 11:30:16 AM7/21/17
In article <c5c42c1c-ea81-4f07-873a-
da0a0b...@googlegroups.com>, bruce...@gmail.com says...
the op could have easily found the answer to that
question at babelfish.altavista.com even 20 years
ago, although thats now a defunct domain.

--
Lurking on Usenet since '88.

pltrgyst

Jul 21, 2017, 9:14:38 PM7/21/17
On 7/21/17 10:53 AM, Bruce Hoult wrote:
> Welcome. It was only 19 years ago...

Rookie! 8;)

-- Larry

Sir Tim

Jul 22, 2017, 7:53:50 AM7/22/17
Bigbird <bigbird.no...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Heron McKeister wrote:
>
>> the op could have easily found the answer to that
>> question at babelfish.altavista.com
>
> Please do not provide non-functional URLS. That level of incompetence
> is sufficient to incur the wrath of fuckwits around these parts.

:-)

--
Sir Tim

Heron McKeister

Jul 22, 2017, 10:32:34 AM7/22/17
In article <etgsmb...@mid.individual.net>,
ben...@brooklands.co.uk says...
if you had any character and werent so rock hard stupid
instead of smiling in the face of a lie you would have
remarked that while the domain no longer exists its not
a non functioning or even dead link because it auto
redirects to a working site. it would have taken to
more work to confirm that than trying it.

texa...@gmail.com

Jul 22, 2017, 9:40:57 PM7/22/17
On Saturday, July 22, 2017 at 5:53:50 AM UTC-6, Sir Tim wrote:

> :-)

That's it from the bed shitter?

~misfit~

Jul 23, 2017, 2:12:50 AM7/23/17
Well I've given 'you' a good run and you've not told me anything I didn't
already know or even contributed anything positive to a thread so this is
where we part ways.

Good luck in all of your endeavours.

<plonk>
--
Shaun.

little classification in the DSM*."
David Melville (in r.a.s.f1)

Heron McKeister

Jul 23, 2017, 6:32:00 AM7/23/17
In article <ol1ehh$qg7$1...@dont-email.me>, shaun.at...@gmail.com
says...

>Once upon a time on usenet Heron McKeister wrote:
>> In article <etgsmb...@mid.individual.net>,
>> ben...@brooklands.co.uk says...

>>> :-)
>>>
>>> --
>>> Sir Tim
>>
>> if you had any character and werent so rock hard stupid
>> instead of smiling in the face of a lie you would have
>> remarked that while the domain no longer exists its not
>> a non functioning or even dead link because it auto
>> redirects to a working site. it would have taken to
>> more work to confirm that than trying it.
>
>Well I've given 'you' a good run and you've not told me anything I didn't
>already know or even contributed anything positive to a thread so this is
>where we part ways.

truth hurts and another one who can't take it.
im certain that i didnt ask for accompaniment
particularly from a posing drug stupored invalid.

>Good luck in all of your endeavours.

never needed it although its your only hope.

><plonk>

no one cares whos in your killfile least of
all me narcissist.

>--
>Shaun.

Cla...@invisible.man

Jul 23, 2017, 9:43:18 AM7/23/17
Just another center-of-attention poseur, misfit, like bigbird, news,
edmund and bobster, is always at least as full of shit. And they all
are of the opinion that they own the place: ignore them.
--
It's difficult to make predictions, especially about the future.

Martin Harran

Jul 23, 2017, 12:55:52 PM7/23/17
Do you really get a kick out of all these alter egos talking to each
other?

There is something very sad about that but I think the saddest thing
is that you won't very recognise that :(

Cla...@invisible.man

Jul 23, 2017, 2:33:10 PM7/23/17
He sets 'um up ...

> talking to each
>other?

...and knocks 'em down.

>There is something very sad about that but I think the saddest thing
>is that you won't very recognise that :(

Yes, I'm sure that it's all very, very sad Donald, or might it be
Misfit responding (why, out of the blue, would "Harran" reply).

But I can't imagine why you would think that I'd care about
your opinion. I think it may have been Camille Paglia (no
fan) who coined the phrase about not being able to think
oneself out of a wet paperbag, that so well aplies to you.

~misfit~

Jul 23, 2017, 10:52:38 PM7/23/17
> Just another center-of-attention poseur, misfit, like bigbird, news,
> edmund and bobster, is always at least as full of shit. And they all
> are of the opinion that they own the place: ignore them.

I'll keep this brief then.

Bye.

texa...@gmail.com

Jul 23, 2017, 11:34:21 PM7/23/17
On Sunday, July 23, 2017 at 8:52:38 PM UTC-6, ~misfit~ wrote:

> I'll keep this brief then.
>
> Bye.

You fucking sad loser.

texa...@gmail.com

Jul 23, 2017, 11:40:20 PM7/23/17
On Sunday, July 23, 2017 at 8:52:38 PM UTC-6, ~misfit~ wrote:

> I'll keep this brief then.

Actually too long already.

texa...@gmail.com

Jul 23, 2017, 11:44:52 PM7/23/17
On Sunday, July 23, 2017 at 8:52:38 PM UTC-6, ~misfit~ wrote:

> I'll keep this brief then.

Your shit stained briefs are wrapped
around your gay lovers face right now.

texa...@gmail.com

Jul 23, 2017, 11:51:36 PM7/23/17
On Sunday, July 23, 2017 at 8:52:38 PM UTC-6, ~misfit~ wrote:

> I'll keep this brief then.

Medical staff taking fuckhead to pharmacy for
med replenishment. If he doesn't shit his diaper
on trip. They stop for ice cream on way home.
Fuckhead enjoys that.

Bruce Hoult

Jul 24, 2017, 3:43:57 AM7/24/17
On Saturday, July 22, 2017 at 4:14:38 AM UTC+3, pltrgyst wrote:
> On 7/21/17 10:53 AM, Bruce Hoult wrote:
> > Welcome. It was only 19 years ago...
>
> Rookie! 8;)

You can find usenet posts from me that are well over 25 years old...

This one which is famous enough to have been been plagiarized, repeated and archived in numerous places on the net isn't quite 25 years old yet, but it passed it's 24th birthday a few months ago: https://groups.google.com/d/msg/comp.sys.mac.programmer/UkCjFPL4zEM/-lM87bJxPUcJ

~misfit~

Jul 24, 2017, 9:03:44 AM7/24/17
Just over 20 years for me. I got my first modem in 1996 and found usenet
about a week later. Before that my computer was just for doing accounts and
wordprocessing.

Mark Jackson

Jul 24, 2017, 9:26:53 AM7/24/17
On 7/24/2017 9:03 AM, ~misfit~ wrote:
> Once upon a time on usenet Bruce Hoult wrote:
>>>
>>> Rookie! 8;)
>>
>> You can find usenet posts from me that are well over 25 years old...
>>
>> This one which is famous enough to have been been plagiarized,
>> repeated and archived in numerous places on the net isn't quite 25
>> years old yet, but it passed it's 24th birthday a few months ago:
>> https://groups.google.com/d/msg/comp.sys.mac.programmer/UkCjFPL4zEM/-lM87bJxPUcJ
>
> Just over 20 years for me. I got my first modem in 1996 and found usenet
> about a week later. Before that my computer was just for doing accounts and
> wordprocessing.

The oldest direct Usenet post I have in my archives is from April 1 1992
("First carbon fiber in F1," to rec.autos.sport), but I was
participating in a number of email discussion lists through our ARPAnet
gateway nearly a decade earlier. Human-Nets@Rutgers was one such that
was mirrored on Usenet (as fa.human-nets); the fourth message here:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/fa.human-nets/pVGsZ3vcVuo/LQbuN_mgQDIJ

and the earlier message quoted immediately before (by known Usenet crazy
REM) are 34 years old.

I believe I am right. And, if not right, plausible.
- Ignatius Donnelly

pltrgyst

Jul 24, 2017, 9:52:35 PM7/24/17
Like I said, "Rookie!"

Mine are from the first week of this ng (discussing attending all the F1
races except South Africa in person in the late mid-1960s). And many ngs
well before that, pre rec.*, when alt.* was the only place for
non-technical discussion. Back to when everyone on the Internet was
contained in a 1/4" thick printed directory. (I still have a copy.)

And even earlier, ARPAnet, before USEnet even existed. 8;)

I'm enjoying the extreme old-timer status while I'm still alive -- and
wishing many more years to you, too!

-- Larry
(BBN, MITRE, etc.)

pltrgyst

Jul 24, 2017, 9:52:44 PM7/24/17
On 7/24/17 9:26 AM, Mark Jackson wrote:
> The oldest direct Usenet post I have in my archives is from April 1 1992
> ("First carbon fiber in F1," to rec.autos.sport)....

Oddly enough, my first direct USEnet post I can find on
groups.google.com is from 2/3/92 to alt.beer. Shows you what my
priorities were back then! 8;)

About the same as they are now, to be honest...

-- Larry

pltrgyst

Jul 24, 2017, 10:16:22 PM7/24/17
Bruce, you may have forgotten, but we had a similar discussion a few
years ago -- and later about rec.autos before the f1-specific group
existed. 8;) :

http://groups.google.com/d/msg/comp.sys.mac.programmer/0oz-1a09H24/59CPTk5LA3YJ

> That's probably quite near the first.

Hmmm -- that one links to a post from 2/11/92.

I was posting on arpanet from January 1983, as M14...@mwunix.mitre.org.
Back then we were developing broadband/baseband routers for BBN.

I still have a printed directory of everyone on the Internet when that
name first came into being -- it's about a half-inch thick. 8;)

A quick google search shows early saved posts to alt.fan.dave_barry from
7/18/91, to rec.sport.volleyball from 1/9/92, to rec.autos.sport from at
least 1/13/92, to comp.periphs.scsi from 5/17/92, and to alt.beer from
2/13/92.

rasf1 from its beginnings, as M14430, entrpoop (from Digex, 1995-2003,
including rasf1.moderated), and pltrgyst (2003 on). Nom de plumes dexter
medley, Lawrence Larson, Larry Larson.

Discussions were lively and interesting back then!

-- Larry

~misfit~

Jul 24, 2017, 11:06:03 PM7/24/17
LOL! I *do* admire honesty. ;-)

Bruce Hoult

Jul 25, 2017, 7:23:33 PM7/25/17
Yes, well I came to usenet late .. I was happy with BIX for a long time (starting in mid 1986, 31 years ago).

Unfortunately, at that time internet didn't exist in New Zealand, and it was necessary to make direct international phone calls to modems in the US, or in some cases it was possible to use X25 at the princely price (never decreased, as far as I know) of about US$200 per megabye (if all your packets were 100% full ... more expensive if used interactively and your line lengths were not a multiple of 64 bytes)

Hopefully I'll manage a few more years, as I'm only 54 now.