Dealer decals - anyone ask dealer to remove it before buying car?

techman41973

Oct 12, 2009, 1:51:11 AM10/12/09
I'm about to purchase a new or used vehicle.
Just wondering if people have successfully been able to have dealers
remove
their dealer decal. Or is this best to do on your own after you buy
the car.
Thanks

Jeannot

Nov 2, 2009, 5:23:21 PM11/2/09

Sure, as long as your money is in your hands, you're always right.

I bought a Mazda 626 Turbo in 1990. There was a huge "Turbo" sticker
on the back, these things remove any potential for compassion a cop
may have as he walks to your car. For that reason, I had the sticker
removed by the dealer before delivery. They understood why and they
did it. I guess they wanted my money, and it worked!

fred

Nov 2, 2009, 10:39:03 PM11/2/09
Jeannot <jean...@hawk.igs.net> wrote in

Except that's *not* a dealer sticker. The dealer sticker has the
dealership name on it. Something like: "Freds supercity Mazda". Free
advertising for the retailer. A completely different thing.

Paul Michaels

Nov 5, 2009, 12:46:10 PM11/5/09
They will most definitely remove it.

They removed it when I bought my 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix, my girl's
2005 Corolla, my mom's 2002 Altima and 2009 Accord.

Just ask, they don't want to piss off a new car buyer. :)

Enjoy your new car.