Brand new camry 03: Airbag light on

1 view

Bob M.

Jul 23, 2003, 7:19:17 PM7/23/03
"Sandra" <sandra...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:9e4494ce.03072...@posting.google.com...
> Hi,

> Technicians will do some code check on the car. Then they will do the
> state inspection (the car is brand new). Is it safe to drive such a
> car even after repair...?

Yes it is. Personally though, I would prefer the airbag be disconnected. IMO
they are not a legitimate safety device whereas seat-belt pretensioners (and
seat belts themselves) are.

> Plus we have the normal 36,000 miles
> warranty on that, do you recommend extended warranty? can we get this
> particular car replaced by the dealer? What are my options on this?

Your option is to run away, fast. The extended warranties are normally
offered on things that should go for 100,000+ miles without any problem
(transmission, engine, brakes) anyhow, so the extended warranty is usually a
waste of $.