94' Eurovan Westfalia C.V. Auxiliary Battery - Where is it ???

Mike Hassell & Elaine McDonald

May 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/19/98

Will anyone out there in Cyber Land please tell me precisely how I gain
access to my Auxiliary battery in my 1994 V.W. Westfailia Eurovan???

The battery is a German built "gel cell" unit and is located under the
drivers seat, but for the life of me I am unable to actually gain
access using the instructions in the V.W. owners manual. "lifting the
seat stop" doesn't do it !!!!

How do I get to see the auxiliary Battery ???? Anyone out there know
????

Hey, bye the way -- it's a great vehicle...

With thanks and kind regards

Mike Hassell -- Calgary, Alberta, Canada

nuag...@gmail.com

Dec 14, 2013, 2:37:16 PM12/14/13
I'm going to access my 1993 Westfalia battery today and it is in the aft locker beside the luggage compartment. If you indeed do have a gel battery you need to have a special voltage regulator as the high voltage (usually 14.4V) from the vehicle alternator/regulator will boil the gel and kill your expensive battery. Gel batteries should never see a charge above 14.2V maximum. Ditto using a solar charger without a good reglator. Solar chargers put out about 17.7V and that will kill any battery in short order.

fuzzy...@gmail.com

Jun 25, 2020, 8:22:55 PM6/25/20
Hi did you ever find the location of the battery. I had a repair shop look and they cannot find it either?

Thanks
Lee-Ann