How to clean headlight lenses?

Ed Regal

Oct 24, 2007, 6:29:43 PM10/24/07
Can anyone recommend or point me to a way to polish up the plastic headlight
lenses on a 96 GL Passat? Gave it to my son a couple of days ago and when
we were coming out of the insurance office noticed that the lenses were a
faded yellow and you could not even see through them. Is it possible to
polish these clear again or is it one of those pull them off and get new
ones items?

Ed

dave AKA vwdoc1

Oct 24, 2007, 7:15:46 PM10/24/07
There is a discussion about this going on in the Yahoo Passats group.

"Ed Regal" <ere...@skypoint.com> wrote in message

Tom's VR6

Oct 24, 2007, 8:28:36 PM10/24/07

PeterD

Oct 25, 2007, 9:09:47 AM10/25/07
On Wed, 24 Oct 2007 17:29:43 -0500, "Ed Regal" <ere...@skypoint.com>
wrote:

Maybe, check the Eastwood site for materials to polish plastic
headligh lenses.

Joseph Meehan

Oct 26, 2007, 9:46:10 AM10/26/07
Most autopart stores have the materials. They are available in kits for
headlights and for polishing convertible plastic windows.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit

No Spam Please

Oct 28, 2007, 10:50:21 AM10/28/07

"Ed Regal" <ere...@skypoint.com> wrote in message

Permatex makes a kit:

http://www.amazon.com/PERMATEX-INC-09135-HEADLIGHT-RESTORATION/dp/B000QSDYT0

kevin

Jan 7, 2022, 12:01:09 AMJan 7
I'll let you in on a well kept secret that will absolutely blow your mind. Get a hand towel and an arosol can of mosquito repellent, spray a generous coating across the lens count to 10 and wipe it off with your towel. Amazement guaranteed! You will thank me after you try it.

--
For full context, visit https://www.motorsforum.com/vw/how-to-clean-headlight-lenses-40785-.htm