What is that song in the new Volkswagen Jetta commercial?

Nosaj

Jan 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/21/99
What is that song in the new Volkswagen Jetta commercial? Who made it, What's the song
name, album name... anything. While we are on the subject... Who is that woman in the
passager seat?

Jetta driving down the street, song starts, things on the street are happening in tune
with the beats in the music.

Gotta have that song.

Jason

Gerow

Jan 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/21/99
like I've said, looks more like a Chevy ad then a VW ad.

I think the ad company that was doing the NB ads weren't available for the new Jetta ads
because they were busy doing the new iMac ads. Anyone see the iMac ad with the different
colored computers spinning about. Eerrrrie resemblance to a NB ad!

jonny

Andrew Sachs

Jan 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/21/99

Someone posted a while back that on the VW website, www.vw.com, they
have a link to all the songs they use in the NB commercials. Haven't
checked it out myself though.

Andrew

Access Systems

Jan 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/21/99

--
I've seen it and it looks like the same folks who did almost all of the
music for the VW GTI comercials. they are a German group called

hope that gives you at least a place to start looking, some record stores
will let you sample the album to see if it is the music you are looking
for

Bob

perry paolantonio

Jan 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/21/99
> Anyone see the iMac ad with the different
> colored computers spinning about. Eerrrrie resemblance to a NB ad!

Different agency. Arnold Communications did the new beetle ads, BBBD did
the apple ads [they're the company that did the famous original mac ad
back in '84]

-perry

John Henry

Jan 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/21/99
Access Systems wrote:

> In rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled Nosaj <user...@domain.com> wrote:
> : What is that song in the new Volkswagen Jetta commercial? Who made it, What's the song
> : name, album name... anything. While we are on the subject... Who is that woman in the
> : passager seat?
> : Jetta driving down the street, song starts, things on the street are happening in tune
> : with the beats in the music.
>
> : Gotta have that song.
> --
> I've seen it and it looks like the same folks who did almost all of the
> music for the VW GTI comercials. they are a German group called
> "Kraftwerk" their music is avaliable in the larger music shops, not sure
> about the new song though sometimes they are owned by the company they
> sing them for and connot be used in their record albums.

One of the first NB ads, with the spinning, colorchanging Beetle, used
"Fluffy Little Clouds" from "The Orb". It had samples from a Ricki Lee
Jones interview where she was talking about the Arizona sky. Really
cool song, I bought the $21 CD, and of course everything else on it
sucks. I have the MP3 file of the whole song.

--

John Henry
---------------

"The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily those of my employer,
not necessarily mine, and probably not necessary."

Andy Stoltenberg

Jan 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/21/99
yes...that's a great commercial...it took my roommate 3 times of seeing it
before he realized what the "catch" to it was. I would have to say my
favorite part of it (besides the model in the passenger seat) is the part
where the basketball player bounces the ball to that double beat in the
song....that's cool

Leave it to VW to make the cool ads...

Alden Cates

Jan 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/21/99
In article <36A742...@pobox.upenn.edu>, Andrew Sachs
<abs...@pobox.upenn.edu> wrote:

> Nosaj wrote:
> >
> > What is that song in the new Volkswagen Jetta commercial? Who made
it, What's the song
> > name, album name... anything. While we are on the subject... Who is
that woman in the
> > passager seat?
> >
> > Jetta driving down the street, song starts, things on the street are
happening in tune
> > with the beats in the music.
> >
> > Gotta have that song.
> >

> > Jason
>

> Someone posted a while back that on the VW website, www.vw.com, they
> have a link to all the songs they use in the NB commercials. Haven't
> checked it out myself though.
>
> Andrew

All of them except the newer Beetle commercial "If you were good in a past
life.... you come back as something better"

http://www3.vw.com/vwworld/main_museum2.htm

<grumble>

-Alden

Nick

Jan 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/21/99
Ooooh! I've got to see if I can catch that iMac commercial, guess you
could say that I'm addicted to Apple as well as VW. I've got the iMac
poster hanging on my wall (it has all five flavors, and the word "Yum"
below them, I love that poster. I'm just waiting for my "crying bus"
poster to come in, I've already got a place reserved for it...

--
'69 Beetle
Nick Hatch

Steve Sheldon

Jan 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/22/99
"Andy Stoltenberg" <sto...@cc.wwu.edu> writes:

I noticed they've recently changed the ad.

The first run of the ad had the Jetta get consumed by water from a truck
running dangerously close in front of them at the end of the street.

This new run shows the guy pushing the Stop button on the stereo.

I think the new version is a bit better. When I first saw the first
version I was puzzled as to what the signifigance of the water splashing
was.

I personally love the ad, myself.

Randy Walters

Jan 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/22/99
she...@visi.com (Steve Sheldon) wrote:
>I noticed they've recently changed the ad.
> The first run of the ad had the Jetta get consumed by water from a truck
>running dangerously close in front of them at the end of the street.
> This new run shows the guy pushing the Stop button on the stereo
> I think the new version is a bit better. When I first saw the first
>version I was puzzled as to what the signifigance of the water splashing
>was.

It's practically the same commercial, one's the long version
and one's the short version. I like the long version better,
and i like the gal in the white top walking down the sidewalk.

> I personally love the ad, myself.

Personally, i'm getting sick and tired of this commercial, most
all of the local So Calif TV and Cable stations are playing it to
death and unlike the Beetle ads, there's only one Jetta bit. It
seems like they play it every fifteen minutes now and have been
for several days. Time for a new New Jetta commercial i say. . . .

Randy

James Watne

Jan 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/22/99
Bob wrote:

>I've seen it and it looks like the same folks who did almost all of the
>music for the VW GTI comercials. they are a German group called
>"Kraftwerk" their music is avaliable in the larger music shops, not sure
>about the new song though sometimes they are owned by the company they
>sing them for and connot be used in their record albums.

Seriously? That _really_ does not sound like Kraftwerk to me. Barely
electronic, with guitars! To me it sounds like an Ivy remix. Ivy's
"Beautiful" was in a VW ad a while back.

--
J Watne
http://www.skypoint.com/members/jcwatne

Dan

Jan 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/22/99
In article <jcwatne-2201...@dial651.skypoint.net>,
jcw...@SPAMOFFskypoint.com (James Watne) writes:

> Seriously? That _really_ does not sound like Kraftwerk to me. Barely
> electronic, with guitars!

Gotta agree. I've got Radioactivitat, (auf Deutch, yippie.) Autobahn,
Trans-Europe express, Die Mensch-Maschine, and Computer. It's not off any
of those albums, and it sure don't sound like Kraftwerk to me.

OTOH, I could see "Boing, Boom, Tschak" from the _Electric Cafe_ album
making a decent VW commercial.

Dan

--
Does it have enhanced IR vision, a particle beam weapon with target
acquisition, highly amplified arm/leg systems, self-contained atmosphere,

Wildfire

Jan 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/23/99
> One of the first NB ads, with the spinning, colorchanging Beetle, used
> "Fluffy Little Clouds" from "The Orb". It had samples from a Ricki Lee
> Jones interview where she was talking about the Arizona sky. Really
> cool song, I bought the $21 CD, and of course everything else on it
> sucks. I have the MP3 file of the whole song.

I happen to like other parts of those albums. If I remember correctly,
it was a two CD set in what looked like a single CD case. If you're not a
trance/techno person, the rest of the album is pretty much a waste. Ricki
Lee was pretty unhappy about the clips they used. Made her sound like she
was some sort of drugged out hippie. I think people need to look at the
album for what it is, trance/techno and what it's normal association is.

> > : name, album name... anything. While we are on the subject... Who is

> > : that woman in the passager seat?

I was wondering that myself. Certainly is an attractive woman.

Sean

I live, therefore I die.

Wildfire

Jan 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/23/99
> >yes...that's a great commercial...it took my roommate 3 times of seeing i
> >before he realized what the "catch" to it was. I would have to say my
> >favorite part of it (besides the model in the passenger seat) is the part
> >where the basketball player bounces the ball to that double beat in the
> >song....that's cool
> >Leave it to VW to make the cool ads...
> I noticed they've recently changed the ad.
> The first run of the ad had the Jetta get consumed by water from a truck
> running dangerously close in front of them at the end of the street.
> This new run shows the guy pushing the Stop button on the stereo.

> I think the new version is a bit better. When I first saw the first
> version I was puzzled as to what the signifigance of the water splashing
> was.
> I personally love the ad, myself.

I like the ad too. The difference is the "long version" and "short
version." They play the long version here near the beginning of a show
earlier in the evening and then hit us with the short versions later in the
night throughout the shows.

The significance of the water is a break in the commercial to get you
out of the groovy lull you get into while listening to the music and watching
the syncronized occurances...

jaco...@my-dejanews.com

Jan 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/24/99
Oh please oh please, does anyone know what song that is, i love it, im
obseesd, first i search for the 99 miata commercial song and stumbled accross
it on the Cyrstal Method Vegas album, now this is my new endeavor, please
help In article <36a823bb...@nntp.ix.netcom.com>,
Rand...@ix.netcom.com wrote:

> she...@visi.com (Steve Sheldon) wrote:
> >I noticed they've recently changed the ad.
> > The first run of the ad had the Jetta get consumed by water from a truck
> >running dangerously close in front of them at the end of the street.
> > This new run shows the guy pushing the Stop button on the stereo

> > I think the new version is a bit better. When I first saw the first
> >version I was puzzled as to what the signifigance of the water splashing
> >was.
>

> It's practically the same commercial, one's the long version
> and one's the short version. I like the long version better,
> and i like the gal in the white top walking down the sidewalk.
>

> > I personally love the ad, myself.
>

> Personally, i'm getting sick and tired of this commercial, most
> all of the local So Calif TV and Cable stations are playing it to
> death and unlike the Beetle ads, there's only one Jetta bit. It
> seems like they play it every fifteen minutes now and have been
> for several days. Time for a new New Jetta commercial i say. . . .
>
> Randy

jaco...@mpinet.net

Jan 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/24/99
can anyone please tell me what that song is, i need to know

Jessee Wright

Jan 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/24/99
I think the band's name is Parsec...not sure about the song name. I'm
looking for the MP3 but it's very new and probably impossible to find. I
have the Fluffy clouds song from the Bug commercial.
Jessee
67 Westy
95 Gti

vw4boy

Jan 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/24/99

Wildfire wrote in message <36aa0e60...@wwivbbs.org>...

> The significance of the water is a break in the commercial to get you
>out of the groovy lull you get into while listening to the music and
watching
>the syncronized occurances...

Okay...here's my take. Male and female in car. EVERYTHING in sync to same
beat. Including windshield wipers in the rain. It keeps raining...more
beat...more wipers...then SPLASH!! a BIG SPLASH! One "passenger" says to
the other, "that was interesting." And the narrator says (something like) ,
"The new jetta, sometimes things just COME together."

Water? Simultaneous (heart? or ??) beating, SPLASH, ........(do we need dr
freud?)

I guess the Jetta is the straight VW, and as we all thought....

The new GOLF commercials could be really interesting!!

<vw4boy>

Master Cylinder

Jan 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/24/99
Hey Jesse,
The song is called "Jung at Heart" and I'll make sure you get the 4
minute version when it's done (in a couple of weeks).
Glad you liked it.

Master Cylinder

irs...@yahoo.com

Jan 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/26/99
In article <36A742...@pobox.upenn.edu>,
Andrew Sachs <abs...@pobox.upenn.edu> wrote:
> Nosaj wrote:
> >
> > What is that song in the new Volkswagen Jetta commercial? Who made it,
What's the song
> > name, album name... anything. While we are on the subject... Who is that
woman in the
> > passager seat?
> >
> > Jetta driving down the street, song starts, things on the street are
happening in tune
> > with the beats in the music.
> >
> > Gotta have that song.
> >
> > Jason
>
> Someone posted a while back that on the VW website, www.vw.com, they
> have a link to all the songs they use in the NB commercials. Haven't
> checked it out myself though.
>
> Andrew

This the response I received from vw.com:

Dear Kevin,

Thank you for visiting our Volkswagen web site. The name of our New
Jetta commercial is "Synchro."

We do not have the information available on the title, or artist, at
this time. However, we do invite you to check back with our on site
Museum link within the next few days for the downloads.

We appreciate your interest in our New Jetta and hope you visit again.

Sharon
Volktalk

mens...@my-dejanews.com

Jan 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/26/99
In article <78gjp7$icp$1...@news1.Radix.Net>,

"vw4boy" <SPAMv...@radix.net> wrote:

> Wildfire wrote in message <36aa0e60...@wwivbbs.org>...
> > The significance of the water is a break in the commercial to get you
> >out of the groovy lull you get into while listening to the music and
> watching
> >the syncronized occurances...

Heh. Lots of funny ideas. If you listen carefully during the splash, you will
hear a transition in the music. I think it would be much more obvious if the
music level was mixed higher during the splash. It seems the directors were
merely looking for something to match the transitino in the music.

My $.02

acei...@gmail.com

Jan 15, 2018, 1:29:04 PM1/15/18
On Thursday, January 21, 1999 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-5, Nosaj wrote:
> What is that song in the new Volkswagen Jetta commercial? Who made it, What's the song
> name, album name... anything. While we are on the subject... Who is that woman in the
> passager seat?
>
> Jetta driving down the street, song starts, things on the street are happening in tune
> with the beats in the music.
>
> Gotta have that song.
>
> Jason

"Jung at Heart" by Master Cylinder.