**Beware of Fisher Buggies**

James R. Eisenhauer

Aug 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/2/96

This is the Fisher Buggies in Tampa Fl as seen in the VW mags. I live
in tampa and have serious problems with the quality of work at this shop.

My clutch was sticking about 4 months ago so I brought it to Fisher.
Almost $600 later they said they fixed it. This was not without alot of
problems resulting in Ken Fisher calling me himself. So I got my Ghia
back and did not even get 20 miles to my house and it broke down.
Something weird ....The car was still running after I took out the key,
until the battery died. Then when I tried to jump it the cables got
really hot. So I called fisher and they said "oh just bring it in and if
its our fault we will fix it". Well after some arguing and a few phone
calls they paid for the towing. The next day they called and said my
ghia is running and the problem must be something electrical, but
defentley nothing they did wrong.

So I went and got my Ghia and it ran fine for about two months then the
throw out bearing broke into pieces. You would think $600 dollers worth
of clutch work it would last a little longer then two months!!!!

Marc Baumgart

Aug 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/4/96
How are they with parts? I live in Orlando and I don't have much to
choose from over here. I buy all my parts from Rocky Mountain
Motorworks.

James R. Eisenhauer

Aug 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/5/96

Marc Baumgart wrote:

> How are they with parts? I live in Orlando and I don't have much to
> choose from over here. I buy all my parts from Rocky Mountain
> Motorworks.

Well I got a moter from them about a year ago and it is allready leaking
oil from the oil cooler and from the oil sensor.

I would just check out what they charge for shipping. A friend of mine
in Miami ordered something for his rail and said the shipping was about 3
times the amount UPS charges, and he should know he worked at UPS at the
time!

I buy all my parts from Rocky Mountain also, and have had good luck with
them. jim

stev...@gmail.com

Aug 21, 2017, 10:28:32 AM8/21/17
On Friday, August 2, 1996 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, James R. Eisenhauer wrote:
> This is the Fisher Buggies in Tampa Fl as seen in the VW mags. I live
> in tampa and have serious problems with the quality of work at this shop.
>
> My clutch was sticking about 4 months ago so I brought it to Fisher.
> Almost $600 later they said they fixed it. This was not without alot of
> problems resulting in Ken Fisher calling me himself. So I got my Ghia
> back and did not even get 20 miles to my house and it broke down.
> Something weird ....The car was still running after I took out the key,
> until the battery died. Then when I tried to jump it the cables got
> really hot. So I called fisher and they said "oh just bring it in and if
> its our fault we will fix it". Well after some arguing and a few phone
> calls they paid for the towing. The next day they called and said my
> ghia is running and the problem must be something electrical, but
> defentley nothing they did wrong.
>
> So I went and got my Ghia and it ran fine for about two months then the
> throw out bearing broke into pieces. You would think $600 dollers worth
> of clutch work it would last a little longer then two months!!!!

Bought a new motor from them just over a year ago, all I can say is they use cheap inferior parts, bent pushrods, soft valve adjusters and cheap cam. They only give a 6 month warranty as they know they assemble junk.