Your Ultimate Driveway

Jeep...@webtv.net

Oct 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/9/98
This post of Starider gave me an idea here for a possible thread. My
Ultimate Driveway would have to be a black and a white Jeep. Preferably
a CJ-5 totally restored, and a new TJ Sport. Either one could be either
color, I wouldn't care. But now that I have the black Jeep, I would
love to buy it a buddy white Jeep.

What's your Ultimate Driveway got parked in it? And it doesn't have to
be all Jeeps.
But it helps. :-)

Jeep Chick
(btw, Ebony would make a good name...)

tjjeeper@"remove"home.com wrote:

<<<We'll hook up again Jeep Chick and then you can lay around under my
Jeep all you want! Ebony and Ivory baby!

  Starider
~The Desert Desperado~

Sean B.

Oct 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/9/98
2 of each..CJ, TJ, XJ...one built for looks/comfort...one BUILT for
off-roading.....one Hummer (no Clinton jokes please)...two Vipers (one hard
top, one convertible)...one Harley Fat-Boy...and for the ultimate....one
Mercedes/McLaren F1 (WHAT SPEED LIMIT?!?!?!)

Sean B. Westchester, NY (soon to be Schenectady, NY)
1987 Wagoneer Ltd.(XJ) 4.0
http://www.geocities.com/Baja/Trails/1261/

Jeep...@webtv.net wrote in message
<21864-36...@newsd-163.iap.bryant.webtv.net>...
<<SNIP>>

Bob Anderson

Oct 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/10/98
I'm pretty close to having the Ultimate Driveway.
98TJ Sahara Moss/spice soft top and a platinum 97 Grand Cherokee Limited.

I have to admit to drooling when looking at Harry's build-up. Now if only I
could convince my wife....

Bob
98TJ
97GC

Jeep...@webtv.net wrote:

> This post of Starider gave me an idea here for a possible thread. My
> Ultimate Driveway would have to be a black and a white Jeep. Preferably
> a CJ-5 totally restored, and a new TJ Sport. Either one could be either
> color, I wouldn't care. But now that I have the black Jeep, I would
> love to buy it a buddy white Jeep.

CRAZYLTREE

Oct 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/10/98

My ultimate driveway would have.....my YJ ( which i love deary :o) ) an old
beat up CJ-5.....( i think they look their best when they have a few offroading
battle scars ) and a Hummer.

btw Jeep Chick.......i like the name Ebony for ur black Jeep....is that the one
your going with ??

Ree {{ A Jeep Chic }}

Mark12211

Oct 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/10/98

my driveway would have....
(I'm a college student and live at home, so....)

My mother would have a 1998 Grand Cherokee Laredo Limited Edition, but with a
body color grill.
My father would have a 1997 Grand Cherokee Sport 4 door 5 speed.
I'd have a 1989 Wrangler Islander... oh wait I have one already.
My brother would have a 1986 Cherokee Chief 5 speed 2-door with outside spare
tire carrier.... oh wait he's got one too.
We'd need a CJ-5 with 33's for fun.

We'd have to have an old 1988 SJ Wagoneer to haul the boat for trips to the
beach and Islands.

It would be rounded out great if there was a Jeep Pick-up in our driveway....
That would make it the prefect driveway, cause once a month there's a time when
this family needs a truck to haul something. The J-series trucks are too old
and the Comanche is too small. But a rebadged Dakoda with styling cues from
the Thunderchief concept truck, now that would make my driveway... Are you
listening Jeep??????!
Mark S.
Mark...@aol.com
1989 Wrangler Islander
http://members.aol.com/Mark12211/index.html

JOHN E GP

Oct 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/10/98

My driveway would require 4wd and lockers to conquer! If you show up at my
house and had to hike the driveway on foot, guess who gets to make the first
beer run. Then when you get back and hike up the driveway, we send you for
chips. This time when you get back, we need more beer and send you away again.
I think you get the picture.

John in Vegas

tjjeeper

Oct 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/10/98
On Fri, 9 Oct 1998 14:14:28 -0700 (PDT), Jeep...@webtv.net wrote:
Lets see now? umm to go with my ivory TJ I would have a Range Rover
Defender for the times I want more room with top off fun.
Motorhome to pull Jeep to Utah. (got that)
99 Grand Cherokee (oh so smooooth!)
Sandrail (ya gota try it!)
Tank (hey I live in so cal!)

>This post of Starider gave me an idea here for a possible thread. My
>Ultimate Driveway would have to be a black and a white Jeep. Preferably
>a CJ-5 totally restored, and a new TJ Sport. Either one could be either
>color, I wouldn't care. But now that I have the black Jeep, I would
>love to buy it a buddy white Jeep.
>
>What's your Ultimate Driveway got parked in it? And it doesn't have to
>be all Jeeps.
>But it helps. :-)
>
>Jeep Chick
>(btw, Ebony would make a good name...)
>
>tjjeeper@"remove"home.com wrote:
>
><<<We'll hook up again Jeep Chick and then you can lay around under my
>Jeep all you want! Ebony and Ivory baby!

>=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0
>=A0 Starider
>~The Desert Desperado~

Starider
~The Desert Desperado~

Cdn TJ Sahara

Oct 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/10/98
My driveway:

98TJ Sahara w/every imaginable mod. Sorta like Harry's, I guess.
98 Hummer: w/ two axle trailer (for the TJ)
98 Range Rover
98 Porshe 911 carrera4

But out of all of these vehicles the TJ would get most Use...

Tony Polson

Oct 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/10/98
>Jeep...@webtv.net wrote:
>What's your Ultimate Driveway got parked in it? And it doesn't have to
>be all Jeeps. But it helps. :-)

1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 auto.
1999 Jeep Wrangler 4.0 I6 auto
Ferrari 456GT
Mini Cooper 'S' 1071cc (1964)
BMW R90S 900cc motorcycle (1975)
1970s VW Camper with Porsche flat-six motor.

(Present driveway: 1997 Jeep XJ 4.0 Limited)

--
Regards, Tony Polson
North Yorkshire, UK

Kevin in San Diego

Oct 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/10/98
There isn't a driveway big enough hehe

--
Kevin in San Diego
88 190D
remove home.com wrote in message <361ef9ae.21512730@news>...

>On Fri, 9 Oct 1998 14:14:28 -0700 (PDT), Jeep...@webtv.net wrote:
>Lets see now? umm to go with my ivory TJ I would have a Range Rover
>Defender for the times I want more room with top off fun.
>Motorhome to pull Jeep to Utah. (got that)
>99 Grand Cherokee (oh so smooooth!)
>Sandrail (ya gota try it!)
>Tank (hey I live in so cal!)
>
>>This post of Starider gave me an idea here for a possible thread. My
>>Ultimate Driveway would have to be a black and a white Jeep. Preferably
>>a CJ-5 totally restored, and a new TJ Sport. Either one could be either
>>color, I wouldn't care. But now that I have the black Jeep, I would
>>love to buy it a buddy white Jeep.
>>

>>What's your Ultimate Driveway got parked in it? And it doesn't have to
>>be all Jeeps.
>>But it helps. :-)

Alasdhair C

Oct 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/10/98
>Mini Cooper 'S' 1071cc (1964)

Wow! The Italian Job! I'd forgotten how good Michael Caine was at 100 mph
and 2 inches ground clearance. That car must be the opposite of a Jeep...

Alasdhair

Tony Polson wrote in message <362134ff...@news.demon.co.uk>...

>>Jeep...@webtv.net wrote:
>>What's your Ultimate Driveway got parked in it? And it doesn't have to
>>be all Jeeps. But it helps. :-)

Tony Polson

Oct 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/11/98
On Sat, 10 Oct 1998 22:39:32 -0500, "Alasdhair C"
<alasd...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>>Mini Cooper 'S' 1071cc (1964)
>
>Wow! The Italian Job! I'd forgotten how good Michael Caine was at 100 mph
>and 2 inches ground clearance. That car must be the opposite of a Jeep...

And that's precisely why it's on "my driveway"! I was lucky enough to
drive a Mini Cooper 'S' in the 1970s, and no car comes close.

Fullindh

Oct 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/11/98

I have the Red CJ7, the White YJ, and need to start looking for a Blue TJ.
This driveway will have the 3 stall greenhouse at the end and filled with
lights, sort of like at the dealer (You have to be able to show them off).
A person's success can, or should be measured by what's in his garage for
toys! We all have needs, but some of them needs just have to be fun.
--
Daniel Fullington
Engineer, M.P.S.

Jeep...@webtv.net wrote in article
<21864-36...@newsd-163.iap.bryant.webtv.net>...

This post of Starider gave me an idea here for a possible thread. My
Ultimate Driveway would have to be a black and a white Jeep. Preferably
a CJ-5 totally restored, and a new TJ Sport. Either one could be either
color, I wouldn't care. But now that I have the black Jeep, I would
love to buy it a buddy white Jeep.

What's your Ultimate Driveway got parked in it? And it doesn't have to

be all Jeeps.
But it helps. :-)

Jeep Chick

JNSieck

Oct 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/12/98

It would have my current TJ, my old YJ, and an M151... it would need to be a
large driveway, though, I don't think the M151 is DOT approved.

TJon
You can't email me at this address unless you have AOL. If you want to reach
me, email Jeep...@aol.com.

Zachary D. Burnham

Oct 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/12/98
Hmm, I could have SO much fun here.. :)

Let's see. First is the 99 TJ I'm going to order in less than a month (in
Deep Amethyst, of course). Then comes the Boxter in maroon. Then the bright
red BMW Z3 convertible (for her :) Then the restored-from-the-ground-up GTO.
Then the Ferrari F50 (speed limit? honestly officer, I couldn't read the sign
at that speed). Then the Miata, for those times when you want to drive with
the top down but don't want to get the thing stolen (like the BMW.) Then the
Honda Blackbird. Then the his-n-her Harley Sportsters. Drool :)

(btw, Hi JeepChick. Care for an apprentice? Jenn has expressed enthusiasm in
all things Jeep Chick. :)

Zach

Jeep...@webtv.net wrote:

> This post of Starider gave me an idea here for a possible thread. My
> Ultimate Driveway would have to be a black and a white Jeep. Preferably
> a CJ-5 totally restored, and a new TJ Sport. Either one could be either
> color, I wouldn't care. But now that I have the black Jeep, I would
> love to buy it a buddy white Jeep.
>
> What's your Ultimate Driveway got parked in it? And it doesn't have to
> be all Jeeps.
> But it helps. :-)
>
> Jeep Chick
> (btw, Ebony would make a good name...)
>

> tjjeeper@"remove"home.com wrote:
>
> <<<We'll hook up again Jeep Chick and then you can lay around under my
> Jeep all you want! Ebony and Ivory baby!
>

>   Starider
> ~The Desert Desperado~

Douglas Campbell

Oct 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/12/98

Zachary D. Burnham wrote:

> Hmm, I could have SO much fun here.. :)
>
> Let's see. First is the 99 TJ I'm going to order in less than a month (in
> Deep Amethyst, of course).

Great choice - I've got one myself...

> Then comes the Boxter in maroon.

Now you are going downhill...lol. I drove one of these a few times this summer
because I was going to buy one but I didn't like it's perfomance or it's price. I
wound up buying a......

> Then the bright
> red BMW Z3 convertible (for her :)

Yep, a triple black ///M Roadster. This 240 HP rocket outperforms the Boxster and
costs a few grand less. Plus it looks great.

> Then the restored-from-the-ground-up GTO.

Veeeerrrrrry nice - a true classic.

> Then the Ferrari F50 (speed limit? honestly officer, I couldn't read the sign
> at that speed).

Nice, or how about a MaClaren F1.

> Then the Miata, for those times when you want to drive with
> the top down but don't want to get the thing stolen (like the BMW.)

Hey!! There you go again....

> Then the
> Honda Blackbird. Then the his-n-her Harley Sportsters. Drool :)

O.K., redemption on the previous line.

MikeB

Oct 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/12/98

The ultimate driveway has to have a hydraulic lift,  Full size bar, bikini clad waitresses (or waiters if you're so inclined).  And one Jeep Dakar!  OH and the garage has the Craftsman Wall Unit.  woof woof woof woof!

Mike

Jeep...@webtv.net

Oct 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/12/98
So I'm driving to the nursery yesterday to buy some flowers for the
garden. The top's down, the tunes are blasting. I just dropped the boy
off at a friend's house. Life was really good. Then I saw it.

An '86 YELLOW CJ-7 for sale. 110,000 miles, what I would consider
pretty darn good condition, 33" BFGs with about 5-7K tread life, asking
$6K. I can't stop thinking about it. I didn't test drive and I haven't
told the hubs, but I want to go look again. I love YELLOW Jeeps and
this one is a beaut. I've got to call my Jeep mechanic and ask if he's
had his hands under the hood. I know $6K is high, I was thinking
maybe $4.5?

It has a black hardtop and a hole for a radio. Chrome winch bumper on
front.

i want that jeep. Dear Santa,.....

Jeep Chick

Jeff McRae

Oct 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/12/98

Zachary D. Burnham wrote:

> Hmm, I could have SO much fun here.. :)
>

> Then the
> Honda Blackbird.

Then the wrench required to disconnect that silly *&^%$ linked brake joke..

> Then the his-n-her Harley Sportsters.

And the number of Pizza Hut, you'll need a lifetime supply of those oil absorbing
boxes :)

> Drool :)

Jeff McRae
94 Jeep YJ
Boulders at the entrance to the mall - just for decoration?
97 Yamaha YZF 1000R
"Honest Officer, are you sure that sign didn't say 165"

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention
of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece,
but to skid broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out,
shouting "GERONIMO".

JNSieck

Oct 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/13/98

>i want that jeep. Dear Santa,.....

don't you already have a Jeep? :)

reminds me of the kid arguing to his mother that the toy he wants is no where
near the same as the one she just bought last week.

TJon
You can't email me at jns...@aol.com unless you have AOL. If you want to
reach me, email Jeep...@aol.com.

Ahwickham

Oct 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/13/98

In article <22197-36...@newsd-162.iap.bryant.webtv.net>,
Jeep...@webtv.net writes:

>i want that jeep. Dear Santa,.....
>

>Jeep Chick

Did I read you right, Jeep Chick? Were you bitten by the CJ bug? LOL!

Don't let it fester, or you'll never be able to pass it up... or the next
one... or the next one...

As for me, I just want to build one from the ground up. Find a junker with a
good title, build a fully boxed frame, 4" springs, AMC 20 full floater, Dana 30
w/ Warn hub conversion and/or Dana 44 outers, AMC 304 or 360, NP435, Dana 300,
3.73:1 gears, 33" Swampers, front and rear quick mounts for a Warn winch,
fiberglass body, 6 point roll cage bolted to the frame, lockers, OD green
paint.

And I bet I can build it for less than the price of a TJ base model!

-Andy -*.||||.*-

84 CJ-8
77 CJ-5 304 (For Sale $4500)
87 RamCharger (For Sale $1500)
"All opinions are stated as fact."

JOHN E GP

Oct 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/13/98
Only if you are a good fabricator

John in Vegas

Jeep...@webtv.net

Oct 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/13/98
Truer words were never spoken.... Dang that Jeep Envy! I have
absolutely no need for a Yellow CJ-7. My TJ is perfect (almost).

I took the hubs by to see it yesterday. It's an automatic (hate that
the shifter is on the steering column) and looks like it has air cond.
too. There was a knob marked air, maybe the 2nd or 3rd one from the
top. It looks to be the original paint. Were CJ-7s manufactured in
bright yellow?
The tires are 31X10.50. When I poked my head underneath, it told a
whole new story. It looks like this sucker has had lots of leaks. One
of which was happening as I looked....

A girl *can* dream, can't she?

Jeep Chick

Ahwickham

Oct 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/13/98

In article <19981013135200...@ng97.aol.com>, joh...@aol.com (JOHN
E GP) writes:

True. My next tool will probably be a welder, and then the fun begins! But
this is down the road a while -- like when my wife gets over the Scrambler
purchase, LOL!

But, as far as she is concerned, if I'm going to spend that much money in the
first place then I should buy new one anyway. Some people will just never
understand!

P Davidson

Oct 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/13/98

Have you considered painting you TJ yellow? A lot cheaper than buying
the CJ plus it would be real unique...seen any yellow TJ's around?
Also, if you are ever in a situation at a trail event where the
magazines are taking pictures, they (almost) always go for the brighter
colors for their writeups. My TJ is black and very well built but was
ignored at a past run in favor of vehicles with far less capability but
had bright colors...they sell magazines better.
Paul D
http://www.ionet.net/~davidson/tj/tj.htm

Southern Jeeps

Oct 15, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/15/98
ok how about this for the Ultimate Driveway
one of those oh so cool Rocsta's you know the "True city slicker" & "True
hillbilly" ones ( if you don't know then go to
http://www.mspring.co.za/asia/index.html ) and of course a Tracker and i
think I might have to have a Kia sportage and a Honda CR-V, and maybe evin
one of those oh so cool outback's you know the ones with ALL WHEEL DRIVE!

--
Andy
'98 TJ Sahara

DocJekyl

Oct 15, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/15/98
>ok how about this for the Ultimate Driveway
>one of those oh so cool Rocsta's you know the "True city slicker" & "True
>hillbilly" ones ( if you don't know then go to
>http://www.mspring.co.za/asia/index.html ) and of course a Tracker and i
>think I might have to have a Kia sportage and a Honda CR-V, and maybe evin
>one of those oh so cool outback's you know the ones with ALL WHEEL DRIVE!

So....is this, like, the obstacle course?

Doc~disconnecting the sway bar

Southern Jeeps

Oct 15, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/15/98
oh i forgot to mention that they would BE the driveway