Rice-Boys? What about the City Cowboys?

Jacek Kieca

Oct 10, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/10/97

James (jth...@pacbell.net) wrote:
: > Hey, guy, wait until you see a lowered 4x4 jeep! Yup, people take a nice
: > mid-late 90's Jeep, and put small wheels & tires on it. The small wheels
: > have enough incorrect backspacing to push them about 5 or 6 inches out
: past
: > the fenders. Then they lower it so the tires almost tag the fenders!
: It's
: > so damn funny to see a Jeep have to go sideways over a speed bump to keep
: > it's undercarriage from scraping...
: >

: That's pretty funny and I'd like to see one, but here's
Yes, let's leave the Rice-boys alone and let them play with their stickers, and lets
concentrate on a bigger waste! What's with American trend for trucks? I mean people buy
those heave, old fashioned, gas guzzling, slow, akward to manouver, monsters just to drive
their chewawa to a nearby park! C'mon, let's be sensible here! Why would you buy a full
size pick up truck if you own a single bedroom appartament and your pet is a hamster? What
do you need a truck for then? Or what do you need a 4X4 SUV (Sport-Utilty Vehicle) if the
most off-roading you do is jumping the curb by a nearby Seven-Eleven?

There is something wrong with america! We have to put up with these dinosaurs on the
roads! There heavy with hideous performance and people pay premiums to own a truck! Funny
thing is most of those Explorers and Jimmies are rear wheel drive (not even 4X4) and they
have commanding driving position, but so many people drop them like 8" making the driving
position actaually lower than in a Mazda Miata!

Anyways it's time to address this problem! I mean let's face it! Which trend is more
unsafe? the 4x4 trucks with bull bars or Rice rockets with the stickers? Last time I've
checked, stickers tend to be not sharp and quite flush with the body! And then the lowered
trucks! Why do we have to put up with some morons crossing speed bumps diagonally because
he doesn't want to scrape the neons underneeth his low rider! C'mon! Let's get real!
Pocket Rockets, just like nice muscle cars can be fun to drive, and let's not be particular
On the other hand trucks should be with held only for farm and commercial use. No
usless 4X4s and lowered trucks should be allowed to be registered! Savings in steel,
energy, fuel, and money would be great! better visibilty on the roads (especially for
the drivers of conventional cars tired of putting up with the truck crap) and safer
streets! I mean if you would ever be to be struck by a vechicle, I bet Civic is more
friendly of an outcome! Lower, energy absorbing thinner body, no bull bars! A jacked up
4X4 may throw you underneath the wheels! and injuries resulting from being run over by a
6600 lbs truck or hit from it's bull bar will be more severe than hitting the windshield
of a civic with your head!

We should do something about this truck crap!

fearless (J.K.)

___ __ __ __ ______ _ _____ ___
/ _ \___ _ _____ _______ ___/ // / __ __ / // / __ \/ |/ / _ \/ _ |
/ ___/ _ \ |/|/ / -_) __/ -_) _ // _ \/ // // _ / /_/ / / // / __ |
/_/ \___/__,__/\__/_/ \__/\_,_//_.__/\_, //_//_/\____/_/|_/____/_/ |_|
/___/
e-mail: jk9...@badger.ac.brocku.ca
or fear...@iaw.on.ca
or drives_...@hotmail.com

Ken Payne

Oct 10, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/10/97

Would you like some cheese with your wine?

jk9...@sandcastle.cosc.brocku.ca (Jacek Kieca) penned:

-Ken 1967 Ford F100, 390FE V8
http://www.ford-trucks.com
To send me email: kpayne*spamremove*@mindspring.com
Check out the free Ford Truck Enthusiasts Web Site/Email Lists.
Questions, answers, chat and Ford speak. 1200+ members and growing.
F-series, E-series, Rangers, Broncos, Bronco IIs, Rancheros,
Explorers, Expeditions, Econolines and pre-F series are all covered.

Lamari, Matthew

Oct 10, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/10/97

Jacek Kieca wrote:

> James (jth...@pacbell.net) wrote:
> : > Hey, guy, wait until you see a lowered 4x4 jeep! Yup, people take a nice
> : > mid-late 90's Jeep, and put small wheels & tires on it. The small wheels
> : > have enough incorrect backspacing to push them about 5 or 6 inches out
> : past
> : > the fenders. Then they lower it so the tires almost tag the fenders!
> : It's
> : > so damn funny to see a Jeep have to go sideways over a speed bump to keep
> : > it's undercarriage from scraping...
> : >
>
> : That's pretty funny and I'd like to see one, but here's

> Yes, let's leave the Rice-boys alone and let them play with their stickers, and lets
> concentrate on a bigger waste! What's with American trend for trucks? I mean people buy
> those heave, old fashioned, gas guzzling, slow, akward to manouver, monsters just to drive
> their chewawa to a nearby park! C'mon, let's be sensible here! Why would you buy a full
> size pick up truck if you own a single bedroom appartament and your pet is a hamster?

Boy, weren't you trashing me for stereotyping people in groups and not
letting them do their own thing? Bit of a hypocrite, eh?

> What
> do you need a truck for then? Or what do you need a 4X4 SUV (Sport-Utilty Vehicle) if the
> most off-roading you do is jumping the curb by a nearby Seven-Eleven?

Why do you need a honda covered with stickers on a 4 inch tip? Do you
think you'll ever be fast or something?

> There is something wrong with america!

Yeah, they sure stood by and let people come and turn it to hell.

> We have to put up with these dinosaurs on the
> roads!

And hypocrites on the net.

> There heavy with hideous performance and people pay premiums to own a truck! Funny
> thing is most of those Explorers and Jimmies are rear wheel drive (not even 4X4) and they
> have commanding driving position, but so many people drop them like 8" making the driving
> position actaually lower than in a Mazda Miata!

You'll never make an SUV driving position lower than a Mazda Miata.

> Anyways it's time to address this problem! I mean let's face it! Which trend is more
> unsafe? the 4x4 trucks with bull bars or Rice rockets with the stickers? Last time I've

Rice-boys with the stickers.

> checked, stickers tend to be not sharp and quite flush with the body! And then the lowered
> trucks! Why do we have to put up with some morons crossing speed bumps diagonally because
> he doesn't want to scrape the neons underneeth his low rider! C'mon! Let's get real!
> Pocket Rockets, just like nice muscle cars can be fun to drive, and let's not be particular
> On the other hand trucks should be with held only for farm and commercial use. No
> usless 4X4s and lowered trucks should be allowed to be registered!

No useless rice-boys should have gotten their licences!! At least if my
experiences with them on the road is anything to go by.

> Savings in steel,
> energy, fuel, and money would be great!

Nowhere near the time, energy, food and oxygen you'd save without
rice-boys.

> better visibilty on the roads (especially for
> the drivers of conventional cars tired of putting up with the truck crap) and safer
> streets! I mean if you would ever be to be struck by a vechicle, I bet Civic is more
> friendly of an outcome!

Not if it's got the exhaust tip and the stickers. Even moreso if you
have a stupid riceboy leering at you challenging you to a race.

> Lower, energy absorbing thinner body, no bull bars!

Ever hit an animal/person? A bull bar protects your vehicle.

> A jacked up
> 4X4 may throw you underneath the wheels! and injuries resulting from being run over by a
> 6600 lbs truck or hit from it's bull bar will be more severe than hitting the windshield
> of a civic with your head!

The injuries from getting hit by a car PERIOD are high whether it has a
bullbar or not. Another way of looking at it is that with a bullbar you
don't hit the glass, you're less likely to be hurt being hit by a high
car than a low one as you may go under.. . . but I digress. . getting
hit by any vehicle at a higher speed will hurt/kill you more.

> We should do something about this truck crap!

Right after we do something about the idiot drivers (i.e. all the
riceboys plus some others.

> fearless (J.K.)

Remove the obvious from my return address above if you want to mail

Stan Lobunets

Oct 10, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/10/97

In article <61lka6$b...@butler.ac.BrockU.CA>, jk9...@sandcastle.cosc.brocku.ca (Jacek Kieca) wrote:

>We should do something about this truck crap!

I'm with you on this. My father just bought a Lexus LX450, wtf for I don't
know. It doesn't have much room for rear passangers, eats gas like there's no
tomorrow and slow as shit. Mind you it's a nice car, being a rebadged Landie,
but... I'd rather he got a 540i 6-speed so I could steel it sometimes :) I
myself am getting a GTI VR6, mainly because I want a compact, but need to
stick my Akita inside like once a week. Anyway, back to trucks, it's just a
fashion statement these days, and car companies perpetuate it, never mind
thaty they are making a hell of profit on them as opposed to the
"best-selling" type of cars.

ab...@gain-ny.com

el...@central.cis.upenn.edu.nospam

Oct 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/11/97

In article <61mor7$o48$1...@news.goodnet.com>, Ospray <eh...@goodnet.com> wrote:
>jk9...@sandcastle.cosc.brocku.ca (Jacek Kieca) wrote:
<flush>
>Can wes say rolling coffen.

Now if only we could spell it...

It is really interesting how often bigotry goes with illiteracy.

David Lyons

Oct 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/11/97

Jacek Kieca wrote:

> There is something wrong with america!

Yep. It's called liberalism, political correctness, sheep mentality,
outcome-based education,
i'm-a-victim--you're-a-victim--we're-all-a-victim, gun control,
environmental wackoism, Big Brother, etc., etc., etc.

--
David Lyons
mailto:lyo...@mindspring.org <- change org to com

Ospray

Oct 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/11/97

jk9...@sandcastle.cosc.brocku.ca (Jacek Kieca) wrote:

--->>===> References: <60roov$l...@camel12.mindspring.com> <61520a$ge0$1...@news.goodnet.com> <61b12g$q9$1...@niflheim.rutgers.edu> <01bcd57a$369397e0$4444aace@james>
--->>===> Distribution:

--->>===> James (jth...@pacbell.net) wrote:
--->>===> : > Hey, guy, wait until you see a lowered 4x4 jeep! Yup, people take a nice
--->>===> : > mid-late 90's Jeep, and put small wheels & tires on it. The small wheels
--->>===> : > have enough incorrect backspacing to push them about 5 or 6 inches out
--->>===> : past
--->>===> : > the fenders. Then they lower it so the tires almost tag the fenders!
--->>===> : It's
--->>===> : > so damn funny to see a Jeep have to go sideways over a speed bump to keep
--->>===> : > it's undercarriage from scraping...
--->>===> : >

--->>===> : That's pretty funny and I'd like to see one, but here's
--->>===> Yes, let's leave the Rice-boys alone and let them play with their stickers, and lets

Rice boys serve no purpose. Like a zit on your face.

--->>===> concentrate on a bigger waste! What's with American trend for trucks? I mean people buy
--->>===> those heave, old fashioned, gas guzzling, slow, akward to manouver, monsters just to drive
--->>===> their chewawa to a nearby park! C'mon, let's be sensible here! Why would you buy a full
--->>===> size pick up truck if you own a single bedroom appartament and your pet is a hamster? What

Point 1 when more on rice burn runs into you he dies you don't. You
can see over trafic and it is much safer. Real frame, 4000lb etc.

Point 2 most people that live in an appartament don't own it and
normaly move every six mounths.

--->>===> do you need a truck for then? Or what do you need a 4X4 SUV (Sport-Utilty Vehicle) if the
--->>===> most off-roading you do is jumping the curb by a nearby Seven-Eleven?

--->>===> There is something wrong with america! We have to put up with these dinosaurs on the
--->>===> roads! There heavy with hideous performance and people pay premiums to own a truck! Funny
--->>===> thing is most of those Explorers and Jimmies are rear wheel drive (not even 4X4) and they
--->>===> have commanding driving position, but so many people drop them like 8" making the driving
--->>===> position actaually lower than in a Mazda Miata!

Were the hell are you from? New York, L.A.? most people use the trucks
for towing from Boats,ATV,Trailers,Dragsters, even the Red Necks use
them with horse trailers.

Why get a 4X4 if you do not need the function. For on highway towing
you use the back 2 drive wheels.

And for the SUV most people use them like station wagons of old.
Better than that front driver crap you get from the Japs. Crappy
little mini vans. Goofy little front drager station wagons.

Wake up and look at the facts Trucks and SUV are a built for a purpose
and do it like thay are supposed to. That Jap Rice Burner crap well.

Can wes say rolling coffen.

--->>===> Anyways it's time to address this problem! I mean let's face it! Which trend is more
--->>===> unsafe? the 4x4 trucks with bull bars or Rice rockets with the stickers? Last time I've
--->>===> checked, stickers tend to be not sharp and quite flush with the body! And then the lowered

I think the truck in with the bars etc. are safer. In a wreck with
some fool weaving in and out of trafic with his little Jap Punk
Mobile. The Guy in the truck would win. The Rice shiter would loose.

Truck=Safe Jap car=Unsafe

You need to go back to school and take some science class with some
Newtons laws and Mass etc.

--->>===> trucks! Why do we have to put up with some morons crossing speed bumps diagonally because
--->>===> he doesn't want to scrape the neons underneeth his low rider! C'mon! Let's get real!
--->>===> Pocket Rockets,

Pocket Rockets=Motercycle not jap car with boom boom sound and no
Balls like the Driver.

--->>===> On the other hand trucks should be with held only for farm and commercial use. No
--->>===> usless 4X4s and lowered trucks should be allowed to be registered! Savings in steel,

You must be a Tree hugger from Berkly. Yes you may now kiss the King
Clintons Ass. We know you wan't to with that junk coming out of your
Ass.

--->>===> energy, fuel, and money would be great! better visibilty on the roads (especially for
--->>===> the drivers of conventional cars tired of putting up with the truck crap) and safer

I think you mean to say the driver in the Jap crap with their ass
sitting 3" off the ground.

--->>===> streets! I mean if you would ever be to be struck by a vechicle, I bet Civic is more
--->>===> friendly of an outcome! Lower, energy absorbing thinner body, no bull bars! A jacked up
--->>===> 4X4 may throw you underneath the wheels! and injuries resulting from being run over by a

Your the Fool who lowered your car. your it's your life so what the
guy in the truck is still safe in his heavy steal cacoon.

--->>===> 6600 lbs truck or hit from it's bull bar will be more severe than hitting the windshield
--->>===> of a civic with your head!

--->>===> We should do something about this truck crap!

Every thing you said bad about trucks and SUV is why people buy them.
safe. stronger. towing moving. etc.

Try craming Mom. Pop and your 3 1/2 kids and 1 dog in a Civic. Lets
join the Circucs. Well you already have with that goofy little rice
burner crap.

--->>===> fearless (J.K.)

--->>===> --

--->>===> ============================================================================
--->>===> ___ __ __ __ ______ _ _____ ___
--->>===> / _ \___ _ _____ _______ ___/ // / __ __ / // / __ \/ |/ / _ \/ _ |
--->>===> / ___/ _ \ |/|/ / -_) __/ -_) _ // _ \/ // // _ / /_/ / / // / __ |
--->>===> /_/ \___/__,__/\__/_/ \__/\_,_//_.__/\_, //_//_/\____/_/|_/____/_/ |_|
--->>===> /___/
--->>===> e-mail: jk9...@badger.ac.brocku.ca
--->>===> or fear...@iaw.on.ca
--->>===> or drives_...@hotmail.com
--->>===> ============================================================================

Eric G. Hall Ospray
<==================================>
< eh...@az.intel.com >
> <
< Baja's and Rockets >
> http://www.goodnet.com/~ehall <
<==================================>

company

Oct 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/11/97

In article <61o7j7$pu4$1...@madrid.visi.net>, "Huggy Bear"
<1234g...@visi.net> wrote:

> Syclone...(why did they spell it like that??)

Because it was based on the *S*-15. So it was a *S*yclone.

Scott

--
'96 White LP
MCA member #60732

Steve Cutchen

Oct 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/11/97

: <1234g...@visi.net> wrote:
:
: > Syclone...(why did they spell it like that??)
:
:
: Because it was based on the *S*-15. So it was a *S*yclone.

:

Also, I believe Ford has the Cyclone name protected (was the Mercury Cyclone).

--------
Steve Cutchen O- Nothing screams poor craftsmanship
scut...@phoenix.net like wrinkly duct tape...

Huggy Bear

Oct 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/11/97

>There is something wrong with america! We have to put up with these
dinosaurs on the

>roads! There heavy with hideous performance and people pay premiums to own
a truck! Funny

>thing is most of those Explorers and Jimmies are rear wheel drive (not even
4X4) and they

>have commanding driving position, but so many people drop them like 8"
making the driving

>position actaually lower than in a Mazda Miata!

There's a few of those dinosaur, 4x4 sport utils that would shame the finest
performance cars, Typhoon... Syclone...(why did they spell it like that??)

;)
Huggy

Marc

Oct 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/11/97

dpdr...@REMOVE-THISexecpc.com (Eye of the Storm) said:

>On 10 Oct 1997 16:15:02 GMT, jk9...@sandcastle.cosc.brocku.ca (Jacek Kieca) wrote:

>>Yes, let's leave the Rice-boys alone and let them play with their stickers, and lets

>>concentrate on a bigger waste! What's with American trend for trucks? I mean people buy

>>those heave, old fashioned, gas guzzling, slow, akward to manouver, monsters just to drive

>>their chewawa to a nearby park! C'mon, let's be sensible here! Why would you buy a full

>>size pick up truck if you own a single bedroom appartament and your pet is a hamster? What

>>do you need a truck for then? Or what do you need a 4X4 SUV (Sport-Utilty Vehicle) if the

>>most off-roading you do is jumping the curb by a nearby Seven-Eleven?

>Why does anybody need anything more than a moped?

It's hard to properly merge on an expressway with a 70mph limit on a moped.
You can't take a passenger and a few bags of groceries (or other sundries)
on a moped. I do both at least once a week. How often do people put their
4X4s to use?

Marc
For email, remove second "y" from Gum...@tamu.edu

Oden

Oct 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/11/97

lray...@sisna.com wrote:

> Most people don't buy SUVs and trucks because they actually
> need the extra space or off-road capability. They usually buy
> them because they like them.

They buy them because they are cattle.

Say "moo".

FoMoCo builds more trucks and SUV's than cars... why? Because you "like
them" or because FoMoCo has a 15-20% larger margin on such automotive
jokes.

The answer, Madison Avenue says, is: 2 1/2 chillins, One Honda (or Camry), and
one Explorer... and don't forget those Visa cards too, chump.

--

O D E N

"There's something about me that makes a lot of
people want to throw up." - Pat Boone

"I am not converted. Have I the soul of a slave?
No! I am independent - and therefore perdition
is my lot." - Joseph Conrad

"Counterinterpretation is the rhetorical defense
of obnoxious interpretation...either that or a good
nap to forget it all." - Me, circa 1990

Terry P.

Oct 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/12/97

It's been awhile since I've been here, but I thought this was for newsgroup
was for Mercedes?
Terry
--
pat...@calweb.com

lray...@sisna.com wrote in article
<winWeb11O...@ogden10.sisna.com>...

> > Anyways it's time to address this problem! I mean let's face it!
Which trend is more

> > unsafe? the 4x4 trucks with bull bars or Rice rockets with the
stickers? Last time I've

> > checked, stickers tend to be not sharp and quite flush with the body!
And then the lowered

> > trucks! Why do we have to put up with some morons crossing speed bumps
diagonally because

> > he doesn't want to scrape the neons underneeth his low rider! C'mon!
Let's get real!

> > Pocket Rockets, just like nice muscle cars can be fun to drive, and
let's not be particular

> > On the other hand trucks should be with held only for farm and
commercial use. No

> > usless 4X4s and lowered trucks should be allowed to be registered!
Savings in steel,

> > energy, fuel, and money would be great! better visibilty on the roads
(especially for

> > the drivers of conventional cars tired of putting up with the truck
crap) and safer

> > streets! I mean if you would ever be to be struck by a vechicle, I bet
Civic is more

> > friendly of an outcome! Lower, energy absorbing thinner body, no bull
bars! A jacked up

> > 4X4 may throw you underneath the wheels! and injuries resulting from
being run over by a

> > 6600 lbs truck or hit from it's bull bar will be more severe than
hitting the windshield

> > of a civic with your head!
> >

> > We should do something about this truck crap!
> >

> > fearless (J.K.)
> >

> Oh, look! I found the exclamation point button on my keyboard
> just like the guy above! I can't believe it! What do I do with it?!
> I guess I just use it at the end of every sentence until it wears
> out!
>
> If you lower a truck or SUV, it's more likely to simply collide with
> your Civic than drive over the top of it. Which would you rather
> experience?
>
> Hey, I don't want some pedestrian totalling my Civic and me, too.
> I'll stick with my SUV, thanks.

> Most people don't buy SUVs and trucks because they actually
> need the extra space or off-road capability. They usually buy

> them because they like them. Have you ever bought something
> simply because you liked it? Maybe ice cream? A nice stereo for
> your Civic, perhaps?
>
> Mike

WindsorLX

Oct 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/12/97

Jacek Kieca wrote:

> Yes, let's leave the Rice-boys alone and let them play with their
> stickers, and lets
> concentrate on a bigger waste! What's with American trend for
> trucks? I mean people buy
> those heave, old fashioned, gas guzzling, slow, akward to manouver,
> monsters just to drive
> their chewawa to a nearby park! C'mon, let's be sensible here! Why
> would you buy a full
> size pick up truck if you own a single bedroom appartament and your
> pet is a hamster? What
> do you need a truck for then? Or what do you need a 4X4 SUV
> (Sport-Utilty Vehicle) if the
> most off-roading you do is jumping the curb by a nearby Seven-Eleven?
>

> There is something wrong with america! We have to put up with these
> dinosaurs on the
> roads! There heavy with hideous performance and people pay premiums
> to own a truck! Funny
> thing is most of those Explorers and Jimmies are rear wheel drive (not
> even 4X4) and they
> have commanding driving position, but so many people drop them like 8"
> making the driving
> position actaually lower than in a Mazda Miata!

Why? Does it scare you when you look over and can't see anything but a
big rocker panel? Worse yet, whe you see it's a short wheelbase, 5
speed Tritan, or 360 Magnum, with Flow Masters and... Why's that guy
have M&H's on a TRUCK??? Then he blows you away...

--
89 5.0 LX HB K&N Pro 5.0 Flow Master Mac
73 Charger 340Wedge New Process 4spd Chrysler 8.75/w 4.10 SureGrip

It is unlawful to use this email address for unsolicited
commercial email per United States Code Title 47 Sec. 227.
I assess a US $500 charge for reviewing & deleting each
unsolicited commercial email. Sending unsolicited commercial
email to my email address denotes acceptance of these terms.
My posting messages to UseNet neither grants consent to receiving
nor is intended to solicit commercial email.

To Reply, remove the NOSPAM and send.

lray...@sisna.com

Oct 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/12/97

In article <344009...@onramp.net>,
Oden <od...@onramp.net> writes:

> lray...@sisna.com wrote:
>
> > Most people don't buy SUVs and trucks because they actually
> > need the extra space or off-road capability. They usually buy
> > them because they like them.
>
> They buy them because they are cattle.
>
> Say "moo".
>
> FoMoCo builds more trucks and SUV's than cars... why? Because you "like
> them" or because FoMoCo has a 15-20% larger margin on such automotive
> jokes.

You're a quick thinker. Of course they build a lot
of truck and SUVs -- that's what sells! Imagine that:
Ford builds and sells products a lot of people want to
buy so it can make a profit. As with any purchase,
truck and SUV buyers want them, need them, or both.

Mike

Matt

Oct 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/12/97

L. Dodds wrote:

> In article <01bcd6d2$911240a0$1c51d3cf@hp-customer>, "Terry P." <nos...@calweb.com> wrote:
> ``It's been awhile since I've been here, but I thought this was for newsgroup
> ``was for Mercedes?
>
> Your so naive. ;)
>
> This is a place where we can see the stereotypical testosterone driven racist
> assholes that are so prevalent across the North American automotive scene.

In North America I have see far more prevalently inappropriate use of
the word "racist".

> It's funny that they can't rejoice in the fact that they all share the same
> interest, but rather let it degenerate into a penis-size war.
>
> No, I thank the moronic bastards who so easily show their ignorance and
> close-mindedness by using the word Rice-Boy.

What is ignorant about using "Rice-Boy?"

I've worked on growing rice (and not in an Asian country). Perhaps you
should too. There's nothing racial about it.

> It makes my job of reading the
> newsgroups that much easier, and makes my killfile that much larger.

Good for you.

.

Adam S. Bruce

Oct 13, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/13/97

On Sat, 11 Oct 1997 05:17:22 -0400, David Lyons
<lyo...@mindspring.org> wrote:

>Jacek Kieca wrote:
>>
>> There is something wrong with america!
>

>Yep. It's called liberalism, political correctness, sheep mentality,
>outcome-based education,
>i'm-a-victim--you're-a-victim--we're-all-a-victim, gun control,
>environmental wackoism, Big Brother, etc., etc., etc.

Something tells me you and I would get along :)

-Adam whose old sig read,,,,,

"The only tire smoking rubber melting non-politicly correct Art Major
to graduate from FSU"

--
'91 Formula 350 (drag car)
'67 Mustang (show car)

Rainman

Oct 13, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/13/97

>There's a few of those dinosaur, 4x4 sport utils that would shame the
finest
>performance cars, Typhoon... Syclone...(why did they spell it like that??)
>
>;)
>Huggy

I'd love to see that happen.

cheers rainman

Rainman

Oct 13, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/13/97

Relax dude, nobody's blowing anybody away, I thought this page was suppose
to be about driving. Yeah DRIVING, the pure excitement of speed and
experiencing the uncontrollable

Cheers, Rainman

Marc

Oct 13, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/13/97

dpdr...@REMOVE-THISexecpc.com (Eye of the Storm) said:
>On Sat, 11 Oct 1997 15:51:34 GMT, Gum...@tamu.edu (Marc) wrote:

>>It's hard to properly merge on an expressway with a 70mph limit on a moped.
>>You can't take a passenger and a few bags of groceries (or other sundries)
>>on a moped. I do both at least once a week. How often do people put their
>>4X4s to use?

>Daily. They do the same things. Shop, haul kids to and from school or soccer
>practice, etc.

That isn't putting a "4X4" to use, but putting their station wagon to use.
It just happens that their station wagon weights about 5000lbs and has a
largely unused 4X4 system.

Freestyle

Oct 13, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/13/97

L. Dodds <umd...@cc.chickenfat.umanitoba.ca> claimed:

>In article <01bcd6d2$911240a0$1c51d3cf@hp-customer>, "Terry P." <nos...@calweb.com> wrote:
>``It's been awhile since I've been here, but I thought this was for newsgroup
>``was for Mercedes?

You'd be surprised how many newsgroups this thread is polluting:

rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang,rec.autos.makers.honda,
rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata,rec.autos.driving,alt.auto.mercedes,
alt.autos.bmw,alt.autos.camaro.firebird,alt.autos.dsm,alt.autos.ford,
alt.autos.nissan,alt.autos.mitsubishi,alt.autos.porsche

>No, I thank the moronic bastards who so easily show their ignorance and

>close-mindedness by using the word Rice-Boy. It makes my job of reading the

>newsgroups that much easier, and makes my killfile that much larger.

Come to think of it, killfiling everything cross-posted to more than three
newsgroups would probably be even easier and twice as effective.

Your VCR blinks "12:00" all day long? But you're using the internet?

Jacek Kieca

Oct 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/14/97

lray...@sisna.com wrote:

: Hey, I don't want some pedestrian totalling my Civic and me, too.

: I'll stick with my SUV, thanks.

: Mike

Mike,
I think people who live in cities and uselessly buy SUVs should be charged with a man
slaughter in a case of hitting a pedestrian! And if they have a bull bar installed then
they should also be charged for assault with weapon! What do you care if some pedestrian
totals your Civic? Wouldn't you rather be happy that you saved someone's life by driving a
"freindlier" car? And if you pay insurance like you should on your car than what do you
care? And if you would rather have a SUV and so it won't be totaled by the edestrian, why
don't you become a real rebel, stop paying insurance! all that you ever will experience is
a scratch on your brush bar and few blood spots! I guess with the money saved on not
paying the insurance you'll be able to buy some more of the car wash, wax and polish
products to clean your "weapon" after each of those little mishaps!

In case you haven't realized that it's much easier to stop a 1500 lbs. Cicvc than a 6600
lbs. Navigator! There fore in a Civic it is less of a owrry strucking a pedestrian in the
first place! Because you will be able to brake and avoid! In a Navigator instead you will
watch the human being splatter on the front of your macho truck, or being run over like a
speed bump!

We all have our own views! I just think that City Cowboys are just as much of useless
culture as rice boys! And both make life difficult for us, regular auto enthusiasts!

___ __ __ __ ______ _ _____ ___

/ _ \___ _ _____ _______ ___/ // / __ __ / // / __ \/ |/ / _ \/ _ |

/ ___/ _ \ |/|/ / -_) __/ -_) _ // _ \/ // // _ / /_/ / / // / __ |

/_/ \___/__,__/\__/_/ \__/\_,_//_.__/\_, //_//_/\____/_/|_/____/_/ |_|

Jacek Kieca

Oct 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/14/97

Huggy Bear (1234g...@visi.net) wrote:

: >There is something wrong with america! We have to put up with these

: dinosaurs on the
: >roads! There heavy with hideous performance and people pay premiums to own
: a truck! Funny
: >thing is most of those Explorers and Jimmies are rear wheel drive (not even
: 4X4) and they
: >have commanding driving position, but so many people drop them like 8"
: making the driving
: >position actaually lower than in a Mazda Miata!

: There's a few of those dinosaur, 4x4 sport utils that would shame the finest

: performance cars, Typhoon... Syclone...(why did they spell it like that??)

: ;)
: Huggy

Huggy,
listen, we have this dispute in the esxhaust tip depratment as well. Here is a difference!
When I refer to 4X4s and SUVs, I meantrucks like Tahoe, Explorer, Epedition or a Jimmy.
Typhoon and Cyclone were high performance all-wheel drive (not off road 4X4 you confuse
them with) vehicles with high performance engines. They were useless trucks! What they
were is a sports car in truck's clothing! Check out their ground clearance, payload, and
towing capabilities! Then you'll realize they cannot be considered those dinosaurs that
most trucks are! Typhoon and Cyclone were awesome, limited production toys! Made to look
like a regular Sonoma or a Jimmy!

I oppose the 4X4s, and you should understand it! Driving the SVT Contour of yours or that
sports bike you must notice that roads are full of these obese vehicles! usually driven by
only one person, those trucks take up a lot os pace on the road, guzzle gas like crazy, are
hard to look around in the city traffic (crucial if you drive defensively), and because of
their useless weight they have longer braking distances! What it means is that when one
follows you when you're on your bike, you may brake and avoid accident in front of you!
But the truck behind you will splatter you!

fearless

Matt

Oct 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/14/97

These cars don't actually take up any more space, except vertically,
unless you are the idiot who goes around other cars on the shoulder and
now doesn't have room.

> guzzle gas like crazy, are
> hard to look around in the city traffic (crucial if you drive defensively), and because of
> their useless weight they have longer braking distances! What it means is that when one
> follows you when you're on your bike, you may brake and avoid accident in front of you!
> But the truck behind you will splatter you!

Same if you were followed by a ratbox honda, what's your point.

.

Jacek Kieca

Oct 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/14/97

el...@central.cis.upenn.edu.nospam wrote:

: In article <61mor7$o48$1...@news.goodnet.com>, Ospray <eh...@goodnet.com> wrote:
: >jk9...@sandcastle.cosc.brocku.ca (Jacek Kieca) wrote:
: <flush>

: >Can wes say rolling coffen.

: Now if only we could spell it...

: It is really interesting how often bigotry goes with illiteracy.

Funny that you have mentioned it! Because this illiterate 4X4 junkie, tried to insult me
and you have just proven that insteadof thinking how to put those 4X4 stickers on his rear
wheel drive Chev, he should concentrate on some school work! Maybe in ten years he will
finally get his High School diploma! and maybe then he will get the joke that the truck
makers made! Because he thinks that 4X4 is so much better, yet unfortunately it's not a
math class! And in automotive world 4X4 has still only 4 wheels and not 16 as the name
would suggest!

Jacek Kieca

Oct 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/14/97

David Lyons (lyo...@mindspring.org) wrote:

: Jacek Kieca wrote:
: >
: > There is something wrong with america!

: Yep. It's called liberalism, political correctness, sheep mentality,

: outcome-based education,
: i'm-a-victim--you're-a-victim--we're-all-a-victim, gun control,
: environmental wackoism, Big Brother, etc., etc., etc.

: --

: David Lyons
: mailto:lyo...@mindspring.org <- change org to com
: http://www.mindspring.com/~lyonsd

I just wish that big brother would explain Americans that if they would loose 50 lbs.,
leave their pets home and compromise by leaving their living room furnishings where they
belong rather than bringing all that junk along for a ride, half of them would not need any
of those useless SUVs!

Chad Royse (Netcom)

Oct 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/14/97

Sounds like you can bash with the best of them. I think I hear your wife calling you, Mr.
Righteous.

L. Dodds wrote:

> In article <01bcd6d2$911240a0$1c51d3cf@hp-customer>, "Terry P." <nos...@calweb.com> wrote:
> ``It's been awhile since I've been here, but I thought this was for newsgroup
> ``was for Mercedes?
>

> Your so naive. ;)
>
> This is a place where we can see the stereotypical testosterone driven racist
> assholes that are so prevalent across the North American automotive scene.

> It's funny that they can't rejoice in the fact that they all share the same
> interest, but rather let it degenerate into a penis-size war.
>

> No, I thank the moronic bastards who so easily show their ignorance and
> close-mindedness by using the word Rice-Boy. It makes my job of reading the
> newsgroups that much easier, and makes my killfile that much larger.

--
Chad

SPAM SUX! If you wish to reply, remove "*SPAMSUX*".

!! O I would rather be...
\O/ _O _O #=\ ___ __ _ _
__#__\#_\#____H_ \ | _ \__ _ / _| |_(_)_ _ __ _
_ ( : \ \ : )(\ | / _` | _| _| | ' \/ _` |
//~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|_|_\__,_|_| \__|_|_||_\__, |~~~~~
|| |___/

New River - 1995, 1996, 1997
Fall Gauley - 1997 x-StRe@M!!

Jacek Kieca

Oct 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/14/97

Eye of the Storm (dpdr...@REMOVE-THISexecpc.com) wrote:

: On Sat, 11 Oct 1997 15:51:34 GMT, Gum...@tamu.edu (Marc) wrote:

: >It's hard to properly merge on an expressway with a 70mph limit on a moped.
: >You can't take a passenger and a few bags of groceries (or other sundries)
: >on a moped. I do both at least once a week. How often do people put their
: >4X4s to use?

: Daily. They do the same things. Shop, haul kids to and from school or soccer
: practice, etc.

Funny, because you should be able to explain how is a SUV better in the groccery/kids
hauling than a station wagon or a minivan! Can you? I mean, just out of curiousity, do you
switch to low4WD and drive across the grass bolevouard to get to the Walmart, or do you use
the road? If you use the later, tell me how is a SUV off-road vehicle better on pavement
than a car! DO you use your SUV for something useful? Like what? A once a year fishing
trip outside your city to the nearest reast stop on the nearby Interstate? To fish for a
three eyed fish in a river that originates at some dirty plant in your town? Do you really
need a SUV for that sort of ammusing stuff?

fearless

Jacek Kieca

Oct 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/14/97

Marc (Gum...@tamu.edu) wrote:

: dpdr...@REMOVE-THISexecpc.com (Eye of the Storm) said:
: >On Sat, 11 Oct 1997 15:51:34 GMT, Gum...@tamu.edu (Marc) wrote:

: >>4X4s to use?

: >Daily. They do the same things. Shop, haul kids to and from school or soccer
: >practice, etc.

: That isn't putting a "4X4" to use, but putting their station wagon to use.

: It just happens that their station wagon weights about 5000lbs and has a
: largely unused 4X4 system.

Marc,
I aggree! What a waste! They buy ugly heavy trucks, overpay for them, get 4X4 system
they will never use, only to do things that not only a minivan would perform, but also a
wagon! Heck most of the grocery shopping ang 3-kid hauling jobs can be very easily done by
a very adequate family sedan in the likes of Accord ofr Passat! And those cars (NOT
TRUCKs) are MUCH, MUCH MORE FUN to drive than any of the TRUCKS (read: not cars) they end
up wasting their money in!

Chad Royse (Netcom)

Oct 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/14/97

Driving big powerful vehicles is part of our heritage as much as apple pie. People who drive these vehicles love to drive and love those types of vehicles. People like you, drive to get
from A to B, and like to bitch. Why don't you just ride a bus?

Don't be mad at them because you don't have the same enthusiasm for your Honda. Also, get the facts you idiot. Do you know that the Expedition has more tire surface area on the road, the
extra weight adds to the coefficient of friction of that area, and they have much larger diameter rotors and drums to take advantage of all that. Are you really sure there is a significant
difference in stopping distance between that and your "Wagon-Wheeled" Civic? Oh... and the biggest variable in stopping distance... SPEED.

Jacek Kieca wrote:

devil_bat

Oct 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/14/97

dpdr...@REMOVE-THISexecpc.com (Eye of the Storm) wrote:

>And people wonder why there is no peace in the Middle East? You people are arguing
>about others choice in vehicles! At least the ragheads have something deep like
>relgion to go at each others throats over.

Ragheads? Whatever. Did you know that Chevrolet outsells all other
car makes in the Gulf States? Please post on topic from now on!

devil_bat

Oct 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/14/97

Oden <od...@onramp.net> wrote:

>They buy them because they are cattle.
>
>Say "moo".
>
>FoMoCo builds more trucks and SUV's than cars... why? Because you "like
>them" or because FoMoCo has a 15-20% larger margin on such automotive
>jokes.
>

>The answer, Madison Avenue says, is: 2 1/2 chillins, One Honda (or Camry), and
>one Explorer... and don't forget those Visa cards too, chump.
>
>--

Hey, Oden. Stay out of rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang! We have some
accomplished flamers in here who could toast you to a crisp. However,
we'd rather have serious discussions about Mustangs. Keep your lames
to yourself, fuckloaf.

Jacek Kieca

Oct 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/14/97

Eye of the Storm (dpdr...@REMOVE-THISexecpc.com) wrote:

: More stylish? To who? Lesson number 1: People have different ideas of style.

well, if you think that trucks are more stilish, you probably also wear toxedo-T-shirts and
spendex for all occasions! Funny that you americans talk about style when most of you
don't have none! the whole world laughs at your moronic idea of style! and that includes
trucks and those ugly Taurus/Sable twins! Only an american car can be ruined so badly! Of
course if I would have to choose between a Taurus and a truck, the truck would appear more
stylish and more purporse looking!

: >enough! And it's a much safer vehicle for her kids when they will jump out on the street
: >to chase their ball! A pasanger car may end up injuring a pedastrain! A hopped up 4X4
: >with a bull bar will squish a human being same way the bugs get squished on everyone's
: >windshield!

: Sizing cars based on how much damage they will do to a pedestrian? That is
: rediculous. It's just as easy to go the other way and state that everyone should
: drive trucks because a deer is less likely to come through the windshield.

If you live on a farm or something than truck does make a sense! And there you're more
likely to come accross a dear than a pedestrian anyways! But incase you have forgotten we
talk here about City Cowboys, a useless and tacky subculture just like Rice Boys that makes
everyone's life hell! they need big ass trucks to haul their ass around congested city
streets, where it's more likely they will come acroos a pedestrian (likely a kid) than a
deer! But if you actually enjoy hunting down Bambis around the town, then go ahead stick
to your moronic SUV!

: BTW, if a person is literallyrun over by a truck, they stand more of a chance of
: surviving. Ground clearance.

I believe that a person is more likely to be less hurt from the impact of their scull
against a windsheild than that same scull being run over by an off-road tire supporting
6000 lbs. of steel you csall a truck!

company

Oct 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/14/97

> I believe that a person is more likely to be less hurt from the impact
of their scull
> against a windsheild than that same scull being run over by an off-road
tire supporting
> 6000 lbs. of steel you csall a truck!

Well, that would depend on if your scull was in the water or on land... Come
to think of it, a windshield and 6000 lbs. of steel would each sink my scull...

Methinks someone doesn't have both oars in the water.

Scott

--
'96 White LP
MCA member #60732
Team Voodoo, Hard Dog, Stripes, CRI, and Rev-limiter
* Wind in my hair, shifting and drifting *
* mechanical music, adrenaline surge.. *

Matt

Oct 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/14/97

Jacek Kieca wrote:

> I just wish that big brother would explain Americans that if they would loose 50 lbs.,
> leave their pets home and compromise by leaving their living room furnishings where they
> belong rather than bringing all that junk along for a ride, half of them would not need any
> of those useless SUVs!

Naah, people should just stop telling other people how to live when it's
none of their business. The only way people like this are hurting you
is your ego from having a more versatile car.

Matt

Oct 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/14/97

Jacek Kieca wrote:

> lray...@sisna.com wrote:
>
> : Hey, I don't want some pedestrian totalling my Civic and me, too.
> : I'll stick with my SUV, thanks.
>
> : Mike
>
> Mike,
> I think people who live in cities and uselessly buy SUVs should be charged with a man
> slaughter in a case of hitting a pedestrian! And if they have a bull bar installed then
> they should also be charged for assault with weapon! What do you care if some pedestrian
> totals your Civic? Wouldn't you rather be happy that you saved someone's life by driving a
> "freindlier" car? And if you pay insurance like you should on your car than what do you
> care? And if you would rather have a SUV and so it won't be totaled by the edestrian, why
> don't you become a real rebel, stop paying insurance! all that you ever will experience is
> a scratch on your brush bar and few blood spots! I guess with the money saved on not
> paying the insurance you'll be able to buy some more of the car wash, wax and polish
> products to clean your "weapon" after each of those little mishaps!

God damn, you're an idiot. And as such you may find that "idiot" cars
like yours (hondas with young idiots in them) tend to end up in more
accidents than those "Weapons".

> In case you haven't realized that it's much easier to stop a 1500 lbs. Cicvc than a 6600
> lbs. Navigator! There fore in a Civic it is less of a owrry strucking a pedestrian in the
> first place! Because you will be able to brake and avoid! In a Navigator instead you will
> watch the human being splatter on the front of your macho truck, or being run over like a
> speed bump!

You clearly need help.

> We all have our own views! I just think that City Cowboys are just as much of useless
> culture as rice boys! And both make life difficult for us, regular auto enthusiasts!

Nope. You yourself have claimed some of the benefits of SUVS (which you
expect the drivers to give up) whereas rice-cars are worthless in every
respect.

.

Thomas Ploskon

Oct 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/14/97

Gum...@tamu.edu (Marc) writes:

>It's hard to properly merge on an expressway with a 70mph limit on a moped.
>You can't take a passenger and a few bags of groceries (or other sundries)
>on a moped. I do both at least once a week. How often do people put their
>4X4s to use?

>Marc

I just think the commercials for these SUV's are funny as hell!

You know the ones.. "Winter's coming! Get yourself a (blank) because it's
great in snow! Comes with Automatic, Cruise, and a/c!" I still don't
understand why they brag about those features when they talk about snow.
Anyway, while the announcer is talking away, the driver is busy speeding
through snow (probably unable to stop), sliding the rear of the SUV out,
crashing through huge snow drifts, etc..

My Firebird does that! :)

-Tom P

1986 Firebird SC: 173 (2.8l) v6, rebuilt 700r4, 3.42 rear,
Accel Supercoil/cap/rotor, MSD 8.5mm wires, Splitfire plugs,
Summit fuel filter/gauges, K&N Filtercharger, ADS street chip,
B&M Megashifter/Supercooler/Stage 2 Shift kit/Overdrive sleeve,
Dynomax 2.5" hi-flow cat/super turbo, modded MAT/TB/air box,
TCI v8 radiator, Energy Suspension bushings

garf...@urbanitebbs.com

Oct 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/14/97

> Driving big powerful vehicles is part of our heritage as much as apple pie. People who drive these vehicles love to drive and love those types of vehicles.

Only patriotic Americans. Wiser Americans, and most foreigners, are
smart enough to buy a Japanese, German, Sweedish, or Italian car.
American cars are under-engineered, gas-guzzling pieces of shit that
spend as much time in the shop as on the road. End of discussion.

Jacek Kieca

Oct 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/14/97

Marc (Gum...@tamu.edu) wrote:

: It's hard to properly merge on an expressway with a 70mph limit on a moped.

: You can't take a passenger and a few bags of groceries (or other sundries)
: on a moped. I do both at least once a week. How often do people put their
: 4X4s to use?

: Marc
: For email, remove second "y" from Gum...@tamu.edu

That is a very good point! That's what I asked! How often people do use their SUVs? I
don't understand why some suburban housewife needs a 4X4. I understand some Rangers and
farmers needing those trucks! someone that has a horse stable or something! But Does a
mom of two grade school kids really need a Chevy Tahoe? Can't she accomplish much the same
in a Saturn wagon? A more stylish, reliable, fuel efficient vehicle? Still comfotable

enough! And it's a much safer vehicle for her kids when they will jump out on the street
to chase their ball! A pasanger car may end up injuring a pedastrain! A hopped up 4X4
with a bull bar will squish a human being same way the bugs get squished on everyone's
windshield!

I hope I still make sense to some people out there!

fearless

lray...@sisna.com

Oct 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/14/97

In article <61umi7$i...@butler.ac.BrockU.CA>,

> In case you haven't realized that it's much easier to stop a 1500
lbs. Cicvc
than a 6600
> lbs. Navigator! There fore in a Civic it is less of a owrry
strucking a
pedestrian in the
> first place! Because you will be able to brake and avoid! In a
Navigator
instead you will
> watch the human being splatter on the front of your macho truck, or
being run
over like a
> speed bump!
>

> We all have our own views! I just think that City Cowboys are just
as much of
useless
> culture as rice boys! And both make life difficult for us, regular
auto
enthusiasts!

First of all, your reckless use of exclamation points waters down
everything you
say. It's like crying wolf a hundred times. Your "period" button is
below the
"L" button on your keyboard. I highly recommend using it for ending
sentences.

I want as much protection behind the wheel as I can get in a frontal
collision,
whether it's with a semi or a pedestrian. Manslaughter for hitting a
pedestrian
because I'm driving an SUV? How about if I'm driving a minivan? I'll
bet a
pedestrian can't tell the difference. I once owned a Civic. It weighed
more than
1,500 pounds, though. I think the last Civic that light was built
about 20 years
ago. My Civic was a great little car, but I feel safer in my SUV.
There's no
such thing as a pedestrian-friendly car out there. You might as well
buy
something big and heavy if that's what you like to drive. Isn't
freedom great?

I'm not a "City Cowboy." I off-road regularly, and I use four-wheel
drive in the
snow in the city.

Bull bars are great because they can not only reduce damage to your
vehicle when you collide with something, they can improve your safety a
tad. How's that for keeping your insurance bill down?

Notice how I communicated effectively without using exclamation
points. See if
you can use periods next time. I dare you.

Mike

Lamari, Matthew

Oct 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/14/97

Jacek Kieca wrote:

> Matt (Ma...@here.somewhere) wrote:
> : Jacek Kieca wrote:
> : >
> No, I don't think they hurt my ego! Because maybe my honda seems more geeky next to
> someone's truck, but when I park it down town, I only need to pay for one parkmeter (not
> two lie most Suburban owners have to).

Too bad, as for that one parking meter, you only put half a car there.

> Also with the lighter car and better peformance,

Better performance than what?

> average much better fuel milage, and with the money saved on gas and the useless brush
> guards many install on their SUVs I will afford a relaxing vacation somewhere on a beach,

With the little space inside your car, it's still too big. Why don't
you drive a moped?

> away from the congested urban traffic crawling with those dinasours! I think my car is
> much more versitile!

No it's not, you might as well buy a moped.

> And if I would need real versatility I can buy a nice wagon! Like
> Subaru Outback or Volve V70!

You're the good taste king now.

> as roomy as average SUV,

No.

> better grip and handling, better
> performance and it's still a car! About 2000 lbs. lighter and in the case of V70R the
> performance that beats Mustang GT (0-60 moh, handling, slalom, emergency lane manouver)

> fearless

You must be powered by ProZac, not Honda.

Remove the obvious from my return address above if you want to mail

Ospray

Oct 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/14/97

jk9...@sandcastle.cosc.brocku.ca (Jacek Kieca) wrote:

--->>===> References: <61lka6$b...@butler.ac.BrockU.CA> <61mor7$o48$1...@news.goodnet.com> <61muar$bha$1...@netnews.upenn.edu>
--->>===> Distribution:

[...]

Your just a wind bag, unlike you I work. I come home after a 12 x 5
day work week and type what comes to mind. as for Job I work at the
top chip maker in the world making a large pay check. Then you jump
on my case for being a uneductated and some sort of bigot. I don't
drive a rice burner and I don't drive a truck. I don't place insults
on the way people spell or type. this is a form of free expresion.
Limited only by closed minded people like you

I can give you a list of people that have IQ's beyond what your little
mind can handle Stephen Hawking, Edison, Bell, etc. etc that were and
are not skilled in the verbal and written arts. So what your saying is
that I can call you an uneducated fool if you can't speak
English,Spansih,Japanise, and Dutch. Some minds are vast unlike yours
that is so limited.

But if that is the best come back you can muster to defend Japan rice
boy crap. You need to get some more schooling boy. You need to wise
up and look at the facts almost 100% of the droped and stickered
stuff is driven by a bunch of little boys fresh out of puberty.

If you asked I would tell you things like the chevy Z71 offroad truck
with only 2 wheel drive I think is a joke. I'm into function and what
works and looks good. If you can tell me how any car or truck that
sits 1" off the ground is funtion, 8" crome tip is function, ungodly
stickers a function, yellow brake parts are function. A boom boom car
with huge speakers and amps and no room for people are funtion. Go
ahead.

And for safety and the Bull bars as you call them. The truck, SUV,
will win. what is your next target Cadys and Semi's next? If you
drive a Guppy(CRX,GEO,MG,YUGO,VW) in a world of
Sharks(Trucks,SUV,Semi's,Cadys,LTD's,Mercs) you will end up bloody
sooner or latter. That is the risk you take in owning a 1900lb car.

I have spent to much time on your little mind.

Eric G. Hall Ospray
<==================================>
< eh...@az.intel.com >
> <
< Baja's and Rockets >
> http://www.goodnet.com/~ehall <
<==================================>

H. Andy Chi

Oct 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/14/97

Chad Royse (Netcom) wrote:

I agree with you that driving cars with big ass gas guzzling engine is
as American as apple pie, but never this craze about SUV. It was the
Mopars, the Stangs, F body's, but never the SUV's.

HAHAHAHAHAHA [Expedition's supposed stopping power claims deleted]

For about the same $$, uh, ok, so it was about 45K, my stock M3 goes
from 70 to 0 in 150 feet. I shudder to think how much longer it would
take to bring a 4 ton truck with shitty brakes from 70 down to 0, but
230 feet is probably not a bad estimate. I admit that my car can't tow
shit, but how many Expedition owners buy them for their towing power?
Certainly not the soccer mom next door who could barely see thru the
steering wheel of her new Expedition.

Oh yeah, and witness the spectacle today when Santa Ana wind is blowing
at up to 70mph. HAHAHAHA, see all the white knuckled soccer moms
struggling to control their 4 ton "safest and biggest hunk of metal,"
it's the funniest thing.

Andy

97 M3 black/black

Greg Martin

Oct 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/14/97

Just to put a thorn of Facts in those of you arguing against SUV's,
My mother's Jeep Grand Cherokee V8 is Faster, Shorter, and Brakes
Better than my Ford Probe. Yup, the Big, Hulking, 4x4 vs. the little
economical, foriegn designed sport coupe. Sure it doesn't outhandle
the Probe, but it's not meant to. And If you wonder why a 6th grade
school teacher needs a Grand Cherokee, it's becuase she and my father
tow thier 25 ft travel trailer with it, try that in a Honda Passport.

I don't like SUV's but I don't damn them either......

Greg Martin

kaco...@southeast.net

Oct 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/14/97

I've owned large Ford trucks while in High School, F-350 Single Rear,
4X4 with 18" of lift great truck to have around. I did however drive it
over a compact toyota Pickup once he pulled out in front of me where I
couldn't see him and at the next light I planted a 44" Ground Hawg in
his bed.

After that I owned a 84 Accord Hatchback, great car for a small thing
but it scared me to drive with all the crazies out there.

Now I own 2 T-Birds a 94 LX 4.6L V-8 that gets 21 mpg, best car I haved
owned it can move and has the weight that is needed in a wreck. My other
T-Bird is a 84 T/C yes a big car with a Turbo Four-Bangger still a large
car with lots of power and weight it also makes 24 mpg.

Both are RWD and 2Dr, I have a family and they work just fine for me and
my wife, They both also have twice the space that my Honda ever had, and
also 2 to 3 times the power that my Honda ever had. As for brakes I've
put Crossed-Drilled Rotors with Carbon Fiber pads on both cars they can
stop in a shorter distance than my old Honda could also.

I can't see why they discontinued these great cars.

Jacek Kieca

Oct 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/14/97