rear doors will not open from inside

C1r13e14

May 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/1/99
I have a 1996 Ford Explorer and the rear door will not open from inside. the
rear
safety child lock are not on does anyone have this same problem if you do
please
let me know and if you have gotten it fix please give some ideason how to fix
this
problem.

Frank

May 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/1/99
They will not open from inside unless the key is turned off.

@worldnet.att.net Michael

May 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/2/99
First, double check those child safety latches. Move them to the lock
position, then back and make sure it moves freely - doesn't feel like it
may be stuck in the lock position. Same goes for the door locks. Second,
I have a '95 explorer and it hard to open those back doors. So if all of
the above is o.k., pull a LITTLE harder on it. Mine seem to take about
twice the effort of the front.

Michael

C1r13e14 <c1r1...@aol.com> wrote in article

Erik Dillenkofer

May 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/2/99
We have a '94 and have had to replace the inside rear door handles 4
times now. The "gear" teeth that mesh with the latch are plastic and
shear off if the kids pull too hard on the handles. With the teeth
sheared off, the latch will not operate. Remove the inside handle and
check the condition of the teeth.

MandzakStv

May 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/11/99
>They will not open from inside unless the key is turned off.

My '95's doors will open with the car running...

Dave Olson

May 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/11/99
Check the child proof door switch

MandzakStv <mandz...@aol.comnospam> wrote in message