Over heating

Chris

Jan 23, 2021, 12:31:37 PM1/23/21
I have a 2000 Chrysler cirrus with a 2.4l and I replaced the thermostat and it still over heating

--
For full context, visit https://www.motorsforum.com/chrysler/over-heating-2145436-.htm

greybuck

Jan 24, 2021, 12:21:34 PM1/24/21
I would suggest checking the fans to ensure that they are coming on as expected. I would also suggest checking the coolant reservoir to make sure that it is staying topped off. It isn't, there could be a crack or other leak. I have had two of these go back on our Chrysler Cirrus.

Finally, the radiator could be clogged. A cooling system flush may correct this if it is the problem.

-Kirk M