hubcap identification? 2 lions facing a crest

amazing...@gmail.com

Jan 14, 2019, 3:34:56 PM1/14/19
Hi there! Trying to see if someone can help me ID a hubcap brand (and hopefully a year range for the make and model).
I've been searching all over and I'm stumped!
(wish I could upload a pic, but...)

the emblem is 2 lions, one on each side. both facing inward toward a castle crest. the castle crest has a sash inside of it diagonally (top left down to bottom right) with 2 shields on bottom left under the sash and 1 shield on top right above the sash.

has to be British or french vintage car company....

help? :)

Clare Snyder

Jan 14, 2019, 10:48:58 PM1/14/19

Clare Snyder

Jan 14, 2019, 10:50:36 PM1/14/19
On Mon, 14 Jan 2019 12:34:56 -0800 (PST), amazing...@gmail.com
wrote:

I suspect it is an aftermarket wheel cover. The one I posted is.

MummyChunk

Jan 14, 2024, 12:15:39 AMJan 14
Based on your description of the hubcap emblem, I
think it might belong to a Peugeot car. Peugeot is a French car
company that has been using the lion logo since 1858. The castle crest
you mentioned is actually a coat of arms of the Franche-Comté region,
where Peugeot originated.

Peugeot hubcaps from the 1930s to the 1960s had a full-wheel design
with a chrome or nickel finish and a dome shape. They also had the
lion logo and the coat of arms on the center, surrounded by the word
Peugeot or the model number.

???

This is a response to the post seen at:
http://www.jlaforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=465678072#465678072